Why is Trump having dinner with this creep?

3 Likes

West is a mental basket case.
He says reasonable things in his more lucid moments, but then follows it with lunatic garbage.
Combined with his delusions of grandeur - he thinks heā€™s Presidential material, probably the second coming of Christ, too - heā€™s a disaster waiting to happen.
Trump got burned trying to be nice to him, but I think heā€™ll steer clear of him now.

2 Likes

I see it as yet another example of Trumpā€™s poor judgment.

3 Likes

Could be that, too. But -
In an interview with Tim Pool West confirmed that the meeting with Trump was scheduled before he made the anti-semitic remarks.
Then, when Pool questioned him about those remarks, he walked out of the interview.
Heā€™s a train-wreck in progressā€¦

1 Like

It might have been scheduled before the remarks, but it should have been cancelled after the remarks.

2 Likes

civil war in the Republican Party is startingā€¦

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s why, as you say, he should have cancelled the meeting - his opponents are going to use every mistake he makes to bash him.

2 Likes

We donā€™t know by now the ways Trump skins cats?

I ā€¦since my conversionā€¦tend to give Trump leeway in many of his ā€œdealingsā€ with people, whom I might consider to be of questionable value to his goals to MAGA.

If Trump seems to know what he plans in his nogginā€¦well, should we question the methodology? Is it legal? Is it actually dangerous to the country? Is it ethical?

To meet with someone that doesnā€™t agree with him? To discuss issues with someone with different views? There are people elected to Congress that fit that bill.

If we find a common concern among such as these, should we discuss that concern and find a way to stand as fellow patriots? Should our presidents do that?

So he is anti-semetic, does that make him anti-American? Do we as atheists refuse to accept a born-again brain surgeon, who says a prayer before going into the operating room?

How many of what we call ā€œnegative opinions or traitsā€ does one have to have before we call him or her a creep? Orā€¦deplorable?

Why is this even news worthy?

1 Like

I take your point. I find myself inching away from Trump though, but my wife refuses to budge. She sees Trump as the only hope for saving America and the West. She likens him yo a life saving medication that may have a nasty taste, but it will save your life. You must take it.

4 Likes

According to the Breitbart piece above, Trump claimed he did not know who Fuentes was. I hadnā€™t heard of him, either.

I suppose one might argue that he should have known, but all this is guilt by association. A candidate for President ā€œassociatesā€ with many people. Trump was subjected to a witch-hunt for his entire Presidency based on his ā€œassociationā€ with Putin. His attorney general recused himself from functioning as such because of his association with the Russian ambassador.

Trump is despised by the left for being pro-Israel - in fact the most pro-Israel President we have had. Certainly more pro-Israel than either Bush, or Clinton. He is clearly not anti-Zionist or antisemitic, nor did he take policy advice from the anti-Zionist foreign policy establishment. Obama is both anti-Zionist and antisemitic. He associated with Farrakhan, and sought the blessing of Sharpton and other race-hustlers - without an outcry from the Jewish establishment left or Jewish political apparatchiks and Hollywood and Media powers.

Being antisemitic is part of Black identity. Kanye can re-align himself with Blackness by being anti-Jew. It can even make up for his pro-Trump, anti-gay stance. Ironically, Dave Chappelle is sticking up for Kanyeā€™s anti-semitism - as a means of returning into the good graces of the leftist culture mob, who turned on him for mocking Jussie Smollettā€™s self-inflicted MAGA assault. Trump has gained Black votes (and I doubt that it was due to his association with West), but has he gained proportionally as much of the Jewish vote? What is Trumpā€™s calculation of Kanyeā€™s influence among Black voters vis a vis Jewish voters? Perhaps it goes no deeper than photo-ops. Perhaps seeing a rich Black celebrity associating with Trump is a good way of softening Black voters towards him. It is unlikely to put off the Jews who voted for him for his pro-Israel policies. I myself do not see Trump taking policy advice from West.

The accusation of antisemitism - whether of the Protocol type (secret Jewish power) or the blood libel type (Jews poisoning wells, infecting the world with AIDS, inflicting genocide on Palestinians ) - has never had much of a sting. It is nowhere near as damaging to a reputation as being pro-Trump - especially among American Jews.

3 Likes

Iā€™d side with your wife, here! The way I see it, abandoning Trump now would be very counter-productive. It would divide the MAGA movement and weaken it, which is exactly what the Rinos want. If we break up into factions weā€™ll lose our voting power - if we even still have any.

2 Likes

Apparently, Trump thinks he was set up. And, he may well have been. As I understand the dinner was at the restaurant, and West brought along a couple of others.

You are right, Claire, nobody knows this Fuentes fellow.

Perhaps Trumpā€™s staff should vet all dinner companions, but after West came in with the added people, should they all be shown the door? Much has been made about nothing to make Trump appear on the same page as those he dined with. Thatā€™s nonsensical. The famous Ye and the unknown bloggers/whatever have no influence on such a figure as Donald Trump.

2 Likes

I agree, of course, that Trump is no Jew hater. Furthermore, he was a remarkable President - undoubtedly one of Americaā€™s best.
Yet his association with these ignorant bastards is most disturbing to me. What is even more interesting, perhaps, is Trumpā€™s uncharacteristic silence on the matter. Puzzling.

1 Like

Heā€™s spoken about it, mad at West for trying to sabotage his campaign, basically.
Now people are accusing Milo Yiannopolous of instigating the whole thing, since heā€™s apparrently part of Westā€™s ā€œcampaignā€, and has said publicly that he blames Trump for ruining his career. Heā€™s possibly more of a mental case than Westā€¦

2 Likes

Do you have a reference, Liz? I cannot find nothing on his response

1 Like

Why is Trump not definitively repudiating West? Any one associating himself with this obnoxious cretin is stained. Mr. Trump please divorce yourself from him, as any decent person would.

1 Like

I read it at Citizen Free Press, under the headline ā€œKanye tried to F me overā€. Itā€™s in red, but kind of far down the list now. That was taken from an article at the NY Post, but Trump posted it on Truth Social, I think.

1 Like

Found it. Here it is:

1 Like

There is also this:

1 Like

Itā€™s a start, but why was he having dinner with West even after all the Jew hating filth? Trump himself is innocent of everything except very poor judgment.

1 Like