What Is Epiphany? And When Is It Celebrated in 2023?

More god delusion by the Eastern Catholic church. Born from a virgin the oldest myth on the books! Check the birth of Hercules.

2 Likes

Yes, the entire life of Jesus is based on ancient mythology. Christians somehow manage to ignore that fact, or explain it away by saying the myths are copying him, even though they all pre-date him!

2 Likes

Christians believe that a Jewish gentleman who lived between the reigns of Augustus and Tiberius was the Creator of the Universe. No joke!

This started as Saul/Paul’s ridiculous idea. By dint of much travel and very hard busy-bodying, Saul/Paul persuaded a lot of people to believe it.

Slowly myths were built around the notion and a new religion was born.

The story of three Magi (Zoroastrian priests) paying tribute to the Jewish gentleman soon after his birth was implanted in the heap in order to emphasize that the new religion was superior to the old one (which was having quite a lot of influence on irrational beliefs in the Roman Empire). It’s purpose was to inform the gullible, “See, the priests of the old religion paid homage to the new god, acknowledging his superiority.”

We know these nonsensical old tales all too well, Afrotea.

2 Likes

Well that’s an interesting aspect of it I never thought of! It makes perfect sense now that you mention it, though, that the Magi would feature in the story as a way of endorsing and promoting the new religion as superior to the old ones.
They also included and astrological sign from heaven, the star, to give it even more importance!

2 Likes

Christianity:
The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
Makes perfect sense.

3 Likes

check this super documentary…Christian Dilemmas - The Secret History of the Bible - HD Movie - YouTube

2 Likes

Thanks, Afrotea, seems a good video but … more than two hours? You have more patience than I!

Christianity is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on humankind.

1 Like

Good summary! Makes belief in Santa Claus seem almost rational in comparison! :smile:

2 Likes

The [Jewish] Bible is not history. The “Old Testament” is, however, full of entertaining stories - the earliest ones hilariously ridiculous - and a lot of very beautiful poetry in the King James Version (not in modern versions). It should be read as literature.

The “New Testament” - writings in demotic Greek, assembled, arranged and published to promote the claim that “Jesus Christ” was/is “God incarnate” - has very few poetic passages. The “gospels” and other narratives contradict each other, allusions to historical events are inaccurate and some patently absurd.

I don’t think “Jesus” was a “Zombie”. I think the man on whom the myths are based was a religious fanatic. He believed his god held him in very high esteem, and if he prayed hard enough to the divine power, it would miraculously overthrow the power of Rome. He prayed hard, then he and a few gullible followers attacked some Roman soldiers with swords, and Jesus was therefore arrested. The expected follow-up by the heavenly power did not happen, to the natural disappointment of Jesus, who demanded to know why, but received no answer. The Romans punished insurrectionists by crucifying them. The dead bodies were thrown to the vultures. And that was the end of Jesus. Except that a man from another country, who pretended to be a Jew and called himself Saul (later, Paul), decided that Jesus had been god come to earth to redeem mankind from sin and was not dead but “risen” etcetera.

1 Like

Well worth viewing…watch an hour at a time

1 Like

The judicial records of PP are extant, no mention of a Jesus execution or a release order for a Barabbas.

2 Likes

Jesus was a common name. Insurrectionists were routinely crucified. No reason why one would be taken special notice of. And we do not know what that particular “Jesus” was called in Hebrew (several possibilities).

“Barabbas” means “Son of the father”. An obviously fictitious name. (In full, he is named in the gospels “Jesus Barabbas”.)

The lack of documentation probably means that the man on whom the Jesus Christ myth is based was of no importance beyond his immediate neighborhood and his own extended family. If documentation existed but has been destroyed, the most likely destroyers were Paul’s followers, the Christians, since documents could have revealed facts that did not suit their claims.

1 Like

There are 16 other solar savior myths. Check “Hesus”.

3 Likes

One of those Popes issued a Papal Bull forbidding depictions of Jesus in the full Mounty.Jesus was circumcised, a reminder that he was a Hebrew.

2 Likes

And at least 16 crucified “saviors” .

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of that. Thank you, Afrotea. Of course it makes sense that that is why Jesus always has a loin cloth on in pictures of him on the cross.

1 Like

It was interesting! Alot I already knew but some things I didn’t, such as Paul’s “road to Damascus” experience being taken from stories of the Maccabees, and that he was considered the AntiChrist by many believers in his era.

1 Like

Ah, now I know I really will have to watch all of it.

1 Like

Paul never existed,another myth!

1 Like

Oh? Your source(s) for that?

1 Like