What if Russia Made Nuclear War on NATO?

Quote:
Former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has been predicting nuclear Armageddon as a result of the war in Ukraine since before it started. It’s almost as if Putin has made the Russian puppet his designated “end of the world” spokesman.
“Imagine if the offensive, which is backed by NATO, was a success and they tore off a part of our land; then we would be forced to use a nuclear weapon, according to the rules of a decree from the president of Russia,” said Medvedev.
“There would simply be no other option. So our enemies should pray for our warriors’ success. They are making sure that a global nuclear fire is not ignited,” he said.

1 Like

Well that’s one thing a negotiated settlement would have avoided the possibility of from the beginning.

1 Like

Yes, a negotiated settlement would have avoided war and so the possibility of an escalation to nuclear war.

But, Liz, what might the terms of such a settlement have been? Who would have had to concede what? Did Putin indicate a willingness to negotiate? Was Zelensky willing to give up more of Ukraine to Russia than Russia had already taken?

Both nations have a terrible history. But Russia is the invader.

1 Like

Russia may be the invader, but the U.S. was the instigator, and the escalator of the conflict.
Yes, Putin indicated a willingness to negotiate when he presented his terms at the beginning - that Ukraine remain neutral, not enter NATO, and that those border regions be autonomous, etc.
I still don’t see why that would have been hard to conclude an agreement over.
Since Ukraine can do nothing without U.S. support, it was up to the U.S. to negotiate a deal, which Ukraine would then have had to go along with.
But we didn’t, because our “regime change” obsessed government agents and paid-off politicians didn’t want to.

1 Like

But hadn’t Russia already seized the Crimea?

1 Like

Medvedev is reinforcing the capitulation forces in the West. It is not the “possibility” of escalation to nuclear war that Putin is threatening. It is the certainty. “There would simply be no other option,” says Medvedev. Dr. Strangelove’s Doomsday Machine is still working on Western minds nurtured in the CND cult (generated in Soviet Moscow). Putin is calculating the forces of capitulation in Germany, France and the US (the anti-military-industrial complex in coalition with the Cold War intellectual strategists led by academics like Mearsheimer) will reach critical mass in the next election, in the next appointments to NATO, state departments, ministries of defense…

1 Like

And hadn’t the U.S. already orchestrated the Maidan coup?

1 Like

Interesting article on the Maidan Revolution, ending late February 2014, here:

1 Like

And here is a useful video on the taking of the Crimea by Russia, starting immediately after the Maidan Revolution:

1 Like

“US-backed” in 2014 means “Obama-backed”.

1 Like

“I still don’t see why that would have been hard to conclude an agreement over.”
Again, I ask you what would the terms of that agreement have been? Any agreement can be “concluded” if that means being signed. Its not hard to sign a paper, particularly if you have no intention of abiding by what’s written on it. The JCPOA was concluded. The Minsk agreements were concluded. The nuclear non-proliferation agreements were concluded. The Oslo Accords were concluded. They all failed, were unenforceable or unilaterally breached. Why would your imagined agreement have been any different?

My response should have been directed to Liz, not jbecker !

Well I guess no one should bother with attempts at negotiating peace agreements then, because they are so often broken!

1 Like

Quote:
Amid increasing efforts from Kyiv to bring the war to the “territory of Russia”, with explosive-laden drones hitting Moscow twice since the weekend, Tesla chief Elon Musk has reportedly personally intervened to prevent his Starlink satellite internet technology from being used to aid in long-range drone attacks. Mr Musk said on Twitter: “We are not allowing Starlink to be used for long-range drone strikes.”
Musk has been providing Starlink largely for free to Ukraine since last year, although the U.S. Pentagon has reportedly bought around 400 to 500 terminals to coordinate communications in the country. The tech has become an integral part of the country’s efforts to fight back against the Russians, with the 42,000 Starlink terminals being critical to keeping lines of communication throughout the country operational and have in some ways given Kyiv a strategic advantage over Moscow in terms of response times on the battlefield.
Despite the charitable contribution to the war effort, Mr Musk has received heavy criticism for his stance of not allowing his technology to be used for what he appears to determine as offensive, rather than defensive strikes. Ulrike Franke, of the globalist European Council on Foreign Relations think tank as saying: “It doesn’t matter how you feel about Musk – no individual should have this power.”

Comment:
Ya think, Ms. Franke? Well, he has that power, like it or not. Elon Musk is the nearest thing we earthlings have ever had to “God” and probably ever will have.

1 Like

Obama backed “Far Right”? Jacobin.com is a leftist magazine and we must not trust it. This claim against legal government in Kyiv is the same claims by communists in kremlin.
The writer of this article ( [Branko Marcetic) has a book name: “Yesterday’s Man:
The Case Against Joe Biden”, He wrote in this book: Far from being a liberal stalwart, Biden often outdid even Reagan, Gingrich, and Bush, assisting the right-wing war against the working class, and ultimately paving the way for Trump.
This writer is a communist.

2 Likes

Wow, you’ve got to be extremely far left to criticize Biden for being too “far right”!

2 Likes

Dear Liz, the writer as a leftist, tries to show that Liberalism and Democrat Party are the same as Republicans and Right. This is the marxism methodology to mix all things and make confuse readers.

2 Likes

Thanks, Fiangol! I missed that.

I did think “Jacobin” was a warning, but I liked the idea that Musk, alone, could direct an aspect of the war! It could be so annoying to the globalists - as the writer says it was. Maybe that much is true?

Anyway, I’ll not be caught by the site or the writer again, thanks to you.

2 Likes

Musk has 5 billion $ investment in Tesla in Shanghai. He is not a trusted human being in my mind. Under the pressure of American people and American Army, at the first of war he helped Ukraine via stralink (I do not know how much money he grabbed via this way?). Today putin as an absolute allied for China is in danger and Musk doesn’t want that Chinese to be unhappy with him.

1 Like

Dear Jillian, also I do not believe that putin has a real nuclear weapon. 70 years reporters and analists lied about USSR military power and today we see that all tales were fake. Even Russian air force can not cover Russia’s border against Ukranian air fighters. If he had a true nuclear weapon, he had used it at the first of the war against Ukraine. As Iranian have a proverb: Dog who barks loadly, doesn’t catch you. I don’t understand how some people think if Mr. President Trump returns to power in 2024, he cut the help for Ukraine. President Trump continues more powerful the cradle movement against “Evil Axis” includes Russia-China-Iran.

1 Like