Welcome To Schwabia

My latest post at the Participator, a short satirical science fiction story.

The year is 2070, all the formerly independent nations of the world are now joined together in a single unified nation called Schwabia.

Read the full story here:

4 Likes

Totally spot on, Chauncey!! Hilarious, even while extremely disturbing, since every single thing in it is already happening to some degree or other…

4 Likes

Thanks Liz!

2 Likes

Very good, Chauncey. I posted it to FB with this intro: “A bit of humor from a friend. Well, not humor so much as a warning about our possible future. If you don’t understand it, then you need to wake up.”

I like your reference about Cyber Warfare and the food chain AND power cuts. Our grid can be damaged without explosives and bullets and without an EMP.

China and Russia have long been preparing for cyber warfare against anybody, but the US is target number one when they consider the timing right, which may be now.

Great graphics, too. Kudos to Bob Moran.

4 Likes

I enjoyed it. Thanks, Chauncey!

4 Likes

Thanks Jeanne! More on the cyber warfare presently btw.

Bob Moran is a former Telegraph cartoonist who has made his works available for websites to use after he was fired.

4 Likes

Do you know why he was fired?

4 Likes

The story was covered by TCW:

3 Likes

First of all, even without the background to the story, he was right, and the nurse (and entire health care system) deserved a verbal slap in the face.
The fact that she went whining to the “authorities” to have him punished for simply telling her off (when the truth is they all deserve much worse) -proves his point.
Then when you find out his story, it proves his point by huge magnitudes. But will she do the right thing and apologize for the crimes of the government and health care system she shills for? I doubt it.

4 Likes

Before she became a doctor she was a “current affairs journalist” working for the BBC and Channel 4.

4 Likes

So she had the proper brainwashing required.

4 Likes

She is a palliative care doctor and she has no common sense about what a patient might need to be comfortable in such conditions as they have experienced in the past 2 years?!

I don’t think much of this woman.

4 Likes

More on the cyber warfare today (I’m looking into it in further detail as well, I think this is the biggest looming threat of all):

3 Likes