The Transhumanist Revolution

I must return to this topic when I have time to click on most of most of the links. Haha.

Yes, it has obviously been here in ways that even Luddites can understand. Still, it is a mostly voluntary move to link one’s life to ever increasing technological …stuff. Unfortunately, technology is a cheap and easy to access babysitter, and infants start out with it, unless their families resist. So, many are rearing children to be eager to involve themselves with more and more “intrusion” of technology into their bodies and minds.

3 Likes

“Mostly voluntary” - you mean, like the vaccine mandates?

3 Likes

Good grief! Is that what’s happening now?

3 Likes

Liz and Jillian, I did not make myself completely clear…sorry. I do not mean to literally link with technology. I mean that infants to adults, people are using more and more technology in their lives, so are being primed to want more of an actual connection when the advancement becomes an easily acquired enhancement.

And, I do not mean vaccine mandates. I mean “the screen” and I mean the portable internet connection and I mean living their lives on social media and having those monitoring/tracking health bracelets that do everything from BPM to REM, from caloric intake to steps taken, and continual audio devices in the ears and virtual reality glasses. And heaven knows what else that I don’t know about “linked with technology” that is ever-present in their lives, so that real life is almost ignored.

An anecdote: Our pediatrician gives books to her patients on their milestone visits beginning at 6 months, then yearly. She was pleased that my daughter’s first 6 month old was so happy with his book and related to us (his mom and me) that she was stunned by another infant, who was perplexed when she got her book because when she slide her hand across the cover repeatedly, nothing happened.

Do I think that lots of people are eager for transhumanist advancements? Yes, unfortunately, I do. Have they never paid attention to science fiction? What could go wrong…right?

3 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, Jeanne.

It’s true. But is it good or bad?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the problem - people are becoming conditioned to both technology and to government intrusion through mandates. We’re heading toward a “social credit” system like the CCP already imposes on the Chinese - a surveillance state.

3 Likes

That’s what ESG is and it is already affecting businesses and banks and, therefore, us.

3 Likes

I have always thought it was not good, which is why we limited television and banned video games in our house in that more innocent era of my grown children’s childhood…before smart phones or even cell phones. It is why I made my feelings known about computers in early grades and why I worry about my one grand that is screen addicted at 7. All things in moderation holds true for technology.

My kids’ friends view their “era designation” as those who had smart phones in high school and those who did not. So…those who grew up with a smart phone and those who did not become addicted in their teens is the line that designates a shift in cultural attitudes.

Technology is and will continue to replace human employment and will sometime cause a human revolt against the idea that people doing work are no longer needed, which leads to the diminishing of what a good life is; that is a life full of purpose and fulfillment in earning a living. People need to connect with other humans in reality and to offer their “product” to others that want or need that “product.”

When humans aren’t needed and human contact is not required and communities are not formed in real life, humanity is lost. Using technology to replace humanity…well, I don’t want to live there. And I don’t think humans will long live there, one way or another.

There is no doubt that much of technology has improved life. I guess it is hard for those whose business it is to promote tech to stop at a point before their tech starts to ruin life. Maybe that is just a human trait; to not know when to stop.

4 Likes

An interesting comment. Thank you, Jeanne.

2 Likes
2 Likes

This stuff just gets weirder and weirder.
It explains, though, why Zuckerburg looks and acts like a robot - he’s probably already got one of those chips in his head, and has a direct brain connection straight to Schwab and/or Chairman Xi.

3 Likes

A robot may be “conscious” but can it be self-conscious? Can it see and make a joke, can it feel sickness and pain and metaphysical angst, can it innovate, can it sulk, fall in love, despair and commit suicide? Can it decide to be spiteful or develop a totally unreasonable prejudice? Does it have likes and dislikes?

Would it perhaps be all the better for not having an internal life? We could elect it president and it would never go senile or cackle. Never make up silly stories about its heroic deeds that it never actually did. Never crave ice cream. Never insult the Pope or a Duchess with an accident of flatulence …

Ah, such dreams of technological creativity set one’s imagination racing …

2 Likes

Hmmm… How would an AI run the world?

If we base it on the movies, perhaps we should stick with the flawed human instead…just not Joe.

3 Likes

Ha! Right! We could avoid alot of embarrassment.
Trouble is, it would still be programmed by Schwab.

3 Likes

Some of the elites consider humans to be a plague on the true worthy entity, the Earth. Was it Prince Charles or his father who hoped to be reincarnated as a super killer virus that would wipe out all humans that infest the worthy entity? Schwab would probably opt for such an AI that would decide the Earth would be better off without humans. I mean it is the only way to stop wars and famines and all the evil that comes from human endeavors. You know…Skynet.

3 Likes

I think if they could program it to destroy everyone but themselves, they would. Well good luck with that, idiots!

3 Likes

Of course, but for the true believers, their own sacrifice would be worth saving the only worthy entity, Earth, from human infestation.

2 Likes

They do not understand that without human beings there is no “saving”, no “worth”, no “Earth”.

4 Likes

A suicide cult!

3 Likes

You guys ever see Inception? It’s going to get to the point where people can’t tell reality from fantasy and it’s really all down hill from there. They already can’t tell men from women.

5 Likes