Russia-Ukraine Crisis 2.0: Hunter Biden Linked to Biolabs in Ukraine

And what, pray tell, is being “successful in politics”?
A “successful politician”, as far as I can tell, is someone who has learned how to game the system, and is good at lying about it.
That would be Joe Biden.

2 Likes

I completely agree with that conservatism.
You are no doubt aware of the conservatism of the united Church of England Bishops, who opposed vaccination for children, on the grounds that if the children died, that was God’s will, preventing their death by vaccinating them was therefore a blasphemy, as it thwarted God’s will.

Please don’t be cynical, it is a corrosive attitude. There have been many great politicians. Men and women who have worked tirelessly for their cause, their people and their country.
I am reading of one now: A biography of David Ben Gurion, written by Michael Bar-Zohar. Ben-Gurion was absolutely devoted, throughout his life, to Zionism, the Jewish people and Israel.
He may have been the greatest man of the millenium, certainly in the top five.

“Zelensky shared a photo of his handcuffed rival Viktor Medvedchuk on social media, with the caption: “A special operation was carried out by the SBU. Well done! Details to follow.”

“Medvedchuk heads the second largest party in the national parliament, the “Opposition Platform – For Life.” He was previously placed under house arrest, last year, as part of Zelensky’s clampdown on dissent, which was granted tacit approval by the regime’s Western supporters.”

“Medvedchuk opposed the 2014 Kiev Maidan and believes the country’s Western turn to be detrimental to Ukraine’s interests, has led his party since 2018. He previously served as Chief of Staff to former President Leonid Kuchma, in the early 2000s.”

“Some Western commentators have labelled him as Vladimir Putin’s “closest ally in Ukraine.” However, the Russian President has described Medvechuk as a “Ukrainian nationalist.”

“In 2019, Opposition Platform – For Life won 13% of the vote in a parliamentary election, making it the country’s largest opposition faction. Last year, polls showed that it had passed out Zelensky’s Servant of the People as the most popular party in the state.”

“That seemed to prompt a crackdown by Zelensky, who closed media outlets associated with Medvedchuk. Soon after, the politician was arrested on politically motivated “treason” charges.”

“Medvedchuk has rejected accusations of being “pro-Russian,” insisting his party represents millions of ordinary Ukrainians. In February 2021, he accused Zelensky of seeking to establish a dictatorship in Ukraine and suppress the legally elected opposition.”

2 Likes

Yes, Zelensky was acting like a dictator before the war started. Makes the idea that we are “defending democracy” by supporting Zelensky even more absurd.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Just think what we could do with that $750 million at our own southern border! Traitor.

4 Likes

News Punch is a fake news source.

Unreliable though Wiki certainly is, on News Punch it is convincing:

1 Like

I don’t say that Zelensky does not have ambitions to be a dictator. As he is a World Economic Forum apprentice and a fan of Justin Trudeau, he probably does.

But News Punch is not to be trusted.

1 Like

I’m not sure that Newspunch is fake news, you have to remember that Wikipedia still thinks that the 2016 election was due to “Russian interference” and the Hunter Biden laptop news is “Russian disinformation”.

3 Likes

You are right, Yazmin. I was wrong. I looked again at the Wiki entry, read the list of what it called "fake stories’, and I think most of them are true.

My apologies.

2 Likes

Well, some of the stories listed look like fake news, but I think the one about Hillary Clinton, at least, is true. And the “fact-checkers” debunking them are left- wing (like Politifact) who label anything conservative as fake news.
So who knows? They may be partly fake, to try to dupe conservatives into believing them and then be discredited as fake to make conservatives look bad. (Which is what I think QAnon was).

3 Likes

Not sure about some of those headlines, Manchester Arena bombing a false flag attack? It’s a little bit murkier than the Wikipedia claim though, because even according to Snopes, YourNewsWire were really suggesting that the authorities knew the attack was planned and chose to do nothing about it. According to Snopes this claim was only based on a claim that some anti-terrorist training exercise had been staged just 2 weeks beforehand, whereas according to Snopes the exercise had been actually staged over a year beforehand. There’s also a claim that people were told not to panic and to walk slowly, which is not suspicious if you ask me, assuming again that Snopes is telling the truth about the way it was portrayed by yournewswire. Unfortunately the original article link doesn’t work anymore so I can’t check for myself!

Who to believe? It’s the era of uncertainty for certain.

4 Likes

I’ve also noticed some of these sites start out with some really dodgy stories but gradually improve in their editorial standards over time, as they get better established (and probably better resourced). Meanwhile the MSM seems to head in the opposite direction. I think on the whole we’ve got to just fact-check everything as far as we can ourselves.

3 Likes

And Wiki cut my entry from 20 pages (if printed out) to 2, and is still shrinking it. They are trying to belittle me personally. It is not likely to be because of my atheism. It must be because of my conservatism.

3 Likes

The US and most other Western powers are also helping Ukraine one way or another. So they are all helping Nazis. Would News Punch rather Putin conquered Ukraine? Is Putin still a Communist? In what way is a Communist better than a Nazi?

2 Likes

“According to multiple reports Russia is actively recruiting 16,000 fighters from the Middle East to fight in the Ukraine. Russia is said to be willing to offer members of the various factions it put together in Syria a chance to fight in Ukraine for money. These factions include members of the National Defense Force, Christian Militias, and army defectors – all of which have been trained in urban combat by Russia.”

2 Likes

“In a preview for an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, Zelenskyy said that people should not be afraid of nuclear war — just ready. On Thursday, CIA Director Bill Burns said that the CIA is watching the possibility of Russia using nukes “very intently,” but emphasized that the US has not yet seen any signs that Russia is preparing to take such a step, per CNN.”

3 Likes

So apparently the peace negotiations are over.
Was keeping Donbass, etc., really so important as to risk a nuclear World War?
It seems clear to me that war is the outcome the “powers that be” want - because if it was just Zelensky on his own, being a loose cannon and refusing to come to terms of peace, they would be forcing him back to the table. But they’re not doing that. Instead, Biden is throwing more money at him.

2 Likes

The Western world is already prepared for nuclear war. MAD stands. Missiles are push-button ready. Nuclear subs are patrolling the oceans. The America intelligence agencies have been sounding the nuclear alarm for months - mostly to justify NATO’s avoidance of “direct confrontation” with Russia: declaring a no-fly-zone would escalate to a nuclear world war; sending jets would escalate into a nuclear world war; sending missile defense systems from Greece would escalate into a nuclear world war. Putin - obligingly - has put it about that Russia is on “nuclear alert”. His nuclear threat propaganda has been deployed preemptively with the collusion of the Biden administration.

Zelensky is correct in his analysis of the fear of nukes and other WMD is being played to stop military aid to Ukraine. Biden talks a big pro-Ukraine and anti-Putin game, but delivers little. Why? Because he wants Zelensky to surrender national sovereignty, so that the financial sanctions on Russia and asset freezes on Putin’s oligarchs can be lifted, the global energy arrangements resumed, business-as-usual with China restored, and the global bureaucratic-oligarchical complex empowered and enriched.

2 Likes