Do Most Americans Crave Tyranny?

Quote:
Climate militants, also a minute fraction of the population, have made common cause with BLM and Antifa militants. They commit acts of performative vandalism, their protests block freeways, they harass targeted politicians and executives, they have shut down energy pipelines, and their attacks on vital energy infrastructure are escalating. Their actions are encouraged by every mainstream institution in America, despite the destructive essence of their agenda.
From outraged parents swarming in to be heard at school board meetings to individuals everywhere merely wanting to protect their families, their homes, and their businesses, those who defend order and normalcy are now the “divisive” ones. Worse, they are now deemed dangerous and are condemned by nearly every influential institution in the country.
A few hundred super-rich elites and a powerful handful of woke and climate activist ringleaders are the minorities that now tyrannize America. They are not defined by conventional ideological definitions, or by their faith, or by their ethnicity. With money and fanaticism, they control establishment institutions and grassroots armies. The wealthy faction is united by greed, the woke and climate populists by nihilistic hatred. It is an axis of evil. This cannot stand. There are too few of them and too many of us. Resist.

Comment:
This does not make sense. A majority voted Biden into power - and Fetterman, Newsom, etc. “Every major institution on the country” cannot be controlled by a small minority. Either you must believe that the Woke now hold power because they cheated in the elections and somehow stole control of “every major institution n the country”, or you must accept that a majority of Americans want the tyranny. Logic does not allow you to believe two contradictory propositions at the same time. So which is it?

2 Likes

Does this indicate that a minority or a majority of lawyers support tyranny?

Quote:
Yesterday, the Wall Street Journal published an opinion piece by attorney Robin Keller describing how she lost her job at a large law firm after daring to speak up in favor of the Dobbs decision. This didn’t happen at a general staff meeting but on a conference call explicitly held to allow staffers to discuss the decision.
This was at Hogan Lovells, one of the world’s largest law firms. The now-fired lawyer explained:
I spoke up to offer a different view. I noted that many jurists and commentators believed Roe had been wrongly decided. I said that the court was right to remand the issue to the states. I added that I thought abortion-rights advocates had brought much of the pushback against Roe on themselves by pushing for extreme policies. I referred to numerous reports of disproportionately high rates of abortion in the black community, which some have called a form of genocide. I said I thought this was tragic.
The resulting outrage from leftists got her fired from her law firm. Consider how insane this is: a lawyer agreed with a United States Supreme Court decision that is now the law of the land. Yet, at one of the world’s major law firms, agreeing with the U.S. Supreme Court is a firing offense. These days, law firms are more interested in advancing far-left causes than in serving their clients.

1 Like

Quote:
For decades Klaus Schwab’s World Economic Forum (WEF) has been recruiting and cultivating corporate and political leaders from all over the world to embrace a vision and plan for a complete social, political, and economic transformation—a “Great Reset”—which is nothing short of a communist “New World Order.” This plan calls for the end of sovereign states; the end of private property and the remaking of the economy based on environmental, social, and governance rankings; the replacement of oil and gas with so-called green and sustainable sources of energy; the transformation of agricultural production; the replacement of traditional money with social credit score-linked digital currency; and the requirement of universal health passports—to name some of the key WEF objectives.
After the G20 meeting in Indonesia on November 15-16, 2022, WEF chairman Klaus Schwab broadcast on CGTN TV that “the Chinese model is certainly a very attractive model
” For Schwab, China is the model because the totality of its social controls is what is needed to facilitate the Great Reset and consummate the New World Order.
It’s really past the time that people recognize that the elite capture, influence, and control from Chinese communists and that of the clubby cult of Klaus Schwab and the WEF are two fronts of the same irregular war. If they are not rejected and stopped freedom will be lost.

Read it all here:

Comment:
Are US citizens still free? Entirely? Somewhat? To a small extent?
Is there any way to stop this deepening doom?

1 Like

Extracts:
If you read the conservative press, certain conservative blogs, or right-wing Twitter, you could be forgiven for thinking that Western governments, working in tandem with woke corporations, are close to implementing social-credit systems throughout the free world. The most impassioned commentators claim that we’re hurtling toward “tech-enabled totalitarianism.” While their worst fears have not yet materialized, their broader concerns are justified.

Judging from its scattered and ham-fisted efforts to curb misinformation, the federal government could not create a functional social-credit system even if it wanted to. Still, many public officials seem uncomfortably interested in people’s private opinions.

Prodded by politicians, activists, and their own employees, large companies are flirting with the notion that, whether by government decree or no, those who harbor impolitic opinions should be refused service. Put all this together, and it starts to look, if not like a totalitarian social-credit system, at least like some kind of restrictive, tech-driven, safety-obsessed shame culture.

People are becoming easier to track and information easier to collect; data are pooling at vulnerable chokepoints. In each instance, the government possesses the ability to exploit technological centralization. Smartphone cameras and facial recognition enable identification of strangers on the street, online banking makes it possible to cripple a person’s ability to transact with others, and the gathering of speakers on a few social-media platforms makes it easier to control speech.

Americans therefore have good reason to fear a social-credit system, writes columnist Damon Linker. “Seen from a certain angle,” Linker writes, many measures of digital control look like “modest and judicious efforts” to address “a range of social and political harms,” yet “each quickly runs into obvious objections.” Restricting Covid-19-related speech, as we’ve seen, can be hard to justify when the medical consensus frequently shifts. And when we picture these various measures as part of an integrated, pervasive system, Linker concludes, “we’re left with a vision of the near-term future that can look pretty dystopian.”

No more freewheeling disagreement—it’s time for pervasive safety, promoted by monitoring the text messages, searching the files, blocking the posts, and, if necessary, freezing the bank accounts of anyone defying approved norms.

Western governments cannot dominate, let alone silence, their populations. We are not likely, in the West, to see full-blown social-credit systems. When it comes to the digital war of all against all, however, no end is in sight.

So does our government have too much power over us? According to the article, YES and NO.

Do you feel reassured?

1 Like

Ring’s article at American Greatness makes sense to me, and explains the other articles you posted.
That we have an “upstairs-downstairs” takeover happening, by the wealthy elite and their “useful lunatics”. That it’s hidden agenda is to create chaos, sow division, and break society down so that authoritarian measures must be taken to “fix” it.
Basically the Cloward- Piven technique.
And of course the elections are rigged.
It’s debatable what percentage of the population is so ignorant and brainwashed that they actually do vote for what Democrats promise them, but it does appear that a majority has voted for Trump and other conservatives in the last two elections, but had our votes stolen.

1 Like

How did the elites and the “useful lunatics” manage to take control of “every mainstream institution in America” if they constitute only a small minority? They could and certainly did steal votes in elections to take governmental power, but how have they come to dominate K-12 education, the universities, the mainstream media, most of the social media, entertainment, the medical profession, the legal profession, the publishing industry, law enforcement, the military, the libraries, museums, archives, NGOs, and all government agencies? Also many of the churches world-wide, including the biggest and most powerful - perhaps most astonishingly the Catholic Church which now has a communist Pope?

1 Like

Quote:
The recent debacle in Arizona reveals just why banking votes is important. The entire slate of excellent candidates ran, in part, on the promise to clean up elections, making them more open and free. The publicly announced strategy was to overwhelm the system by voting on “game day". Thus, the ruling class thwarted this strategy by disenfranchising Republican voters with supposed “machine malfunction". The number of votes suppressed easily would have put the entire slate over the top. As Charlie Kirk noted, potentially 100,000 voters were turned away that day. Then, anyone who questioned the reliability of the election results was threatened by the despotic Democrats if counties did not certify the stolen vote. A mere secession today will only further embolden their tyranny and increase the pitch of their cruelty—just ask the January 6 political prisoners.
If the only peaceful means at our disposal is to withdraw from federal political participation, the only redoubt we have will be in the states. In the meantime, we have a moral imperative to secure our votes by all legal means possible, and to protect our citizens as a matter of natural right. As we would not be masters so, too, let us not be slaves.

BUT WHAT IF A MAJORITY OF AMERICANS REALLY DO PREFER TYRANNY TO FREEDOM AND WILL GO ON VOTING FOR IT?

1 Like

You may ask,
How can Americans prefer
Tyranny not Freedom
Crime not Law and Order
Open not secure borders
“Green” energy not warmth, light, air-conditioning, cars that run on cheap fuel 

Scarcity not abundance
Control not autonomy
Abortions not parenthood
BLM and Antifa not MAGA
?

But those preferences are what majorities are voting for.

1 Like

More majority choices:

Inequality before the law
Intense anti-white racism
The sexualization, mutilation and sterilization of pre-pubescent children
The imprisonment and torture of political opponents
A cabinet of freaks and felons
Mentally impaired Senators
Corrupt presidents
Lying “news” media
Government-controlled social media
No free speech
An unarmed citizenry
An illiterate citizenry
A weak military

Add items to the list.

1 Like

I think it must be because, although they are a small percentage of the population, they possess the largest percent of the money. The amount concentrated among them, compared to the vast majority, is staggering!
Soros is a perfect example. He pumps billions of dollars, constantly, into front groups - “NGOs” - full of useful lunatics, the Democrat Party, BLM, Antifa, etc.
The “upstairs” funding the “downstairs” to do the dirty work. Money is power.

1 Like

I don’t think that it would do any good to try to win by ballot harvesting, banking early votes, as Ryun suggests. Democrats don’t just harvest ballots - they harvest illegal ballots. They use the technique he mentions, of “latency”. They cheat.
So unless Republicans plan to cheat as well, its not going to work. Not to mention the mind-boggling array of other cheating methods they use - machines being a major one. No matter how many ballots you put into a machine, it can still control the final tally.
There’s no way a majority of real voters is voting for all the insane garbage you listed. But we can’t vote our way out of a rigged system. We can’t play by their rules and expect to win, because they cheat.
The system must be fixed.

1 Like

I believe there are two conclusions to be drawn from the facts presented in the above discussion:

(1) We need a national action organization. There are 80 million patriots in the US. But they are largely politically impotent, because they are not organized. For two and a half centuries, you could express your political wishes by voting for a political party, and in fact, usually there was not that much difference between the major parties. The victory of one did not mean the effective suppression of the supporters of the other. Schools and universities and other major institutions were profoundly pro-American, whether they were inhabited by liberals or conservatives.

That has changed. But we have not changed. We continue to think that our salvation lies in the next election, when surely, surely, the ‘broad middle’ will wake up.

As a first step, we need a national organization whose reason for being is to be able to mobilize the power of patriots in things like boycotts, demonstrations, etc.

For example, right now, the Left is working all-out to destroy Twitter. There are millions of patriots on Twitter already. But why are not tens of millions who are not on it, and who probably wouldn’t be active if they were, not signing up? If, in a month or two, Twitter had more genuine people signed up for it than it had when the Left controlled it, it would be a big victory for our side. Why is there no national organization which can organize this?

The second point is: even with the best organization, we are not going to win. I won’t go into the reasons I believe this.

So what should we do? The answer is: if we cannot win back the entireity of the United States, we should try to win back part of it. That is, we should try to establish our dominion over areas where we are still the potential majority, and make it free of interference by the Left-dominated national government in local laws. This might mean secession, but not necessarily. An example of what we might aim for is in the pre-WWI Austro-Hungarian empire – it didn’t go far enough, but it – and the poor fellow who was assassinated, starting WWI – was moving in the right direction: a united foreign policy/defense, but local autonomy with respect to customs and laws. (Unfortunately, the many different ethnic groups making it up were too geographically interpenetrated for this to be done easily. In any case, it got the results of ‘diversity’ – wholesale bloodletting – before deep reform could be made.)

But whether or not there is any realistic chance of re-asserting a national patriotic majority, we need a national organization.

2 Likes

I cannot see reason to hope that the Republican Party will save America. I cannot see signs that Republicans - other than a couple of dozen perhaps - WANT to save America.

Here’s an article which lists the Republican members of the Hoouse who just voted for the “Same Sex Marriage Bill”:

1 Like

Give your proposed national organization a name, Doug?

Suggest its article of association?

Its manifesto?

Its funding?

Indicate how it would b different from existing organizations such as eg.Charlie Kirk’s Turning Point USA? Or the Tea-Party? And why more effective?

1 Like

Is the Tea Party still around? I sometimes look at a website called the ‘Tea Party Command Center’, but it doesn’t seem like a real membership organization. In fact, there seem to be several ‘tea parties’:

https://teaparty.org/

As for ‘Turning Point’, isn’t it a student organization? How it differs from Young Americans for Freedom, now called Young America’s Foundation, I don’t know. And while they might be what we need for university campuses and for certain kinds of high schools, I don’t think they are any good at reaching an important demographic, ie young ‘red-pilled’ working class males (where the females who are their equivalents are at, I don’t know). This group seems to be falling under the influence of genuine white supremacists, from what I can see.

There are literally hundreds – I’ve collected over 3000 – conservative websites.

But what there isn’t – or is not, so far as I can see – is a single organization where you can sign up, and get notifications of things you can do – nationally, or in your area – to aid the cause.

If anyone knows of any such, please let me know.

I suspect that it will take the emergence of some outside-of-politics figure (like Trump, but without his massive ego and limited intelligence), who has a deep understanding of what’s happening, and an equally deep understanding of all the eccentricities, peculiarities, and limitations of the patriotic base.

This means someone who is, or who pretends to be, a Christian, but not a dogmatic or exclusionist one. Someone who can reassure the base, but also appeal to the intelligentsia.

As for ‘articles of association’, etc 
 just borrow them from the Lions Club or something like that. The formalities are not important. What we don’t want is something which different giant egos fight to take control of – a benevolent despotism, in this case, is what we need. (Ie in terms of organizational structure.)

As it stands, we are losing. If my idea is no good, let’s hear better ones.

1 Like

How will you avoid being classed as “domestic terrorists” as are the Oath Keepers etc.?

As are all Trump supporters, actually.

As such you will have the Biden DOJ come after members with SWAT teams, handcuffs, leg-irons, and corrupt judges to sentence members to long terms of imprisonment.

1 Like

There is no way to change or overcome the tyrannical federal state that used to be the American Constitutional Republic.

Secession? Civil war? Who is willing to start a movement for either or both?

1 Like

Yes, eventually, we will probably have to secede. But at the moment, the great majority of patriots, and the overwhelming majority of Americans, don’t see this.

So there must be a (necessarily long) period in which we propose reasonable things – like state-by-state control of issues like abortion – and play the political game.

It is doing the work of the enemy to suggest that all is lost, all we can do is sit back and watch our flat-screen televisions. Or to suggest things that can allow the enemy to bring the charge of seditious conspiracy against us.

If you study previous political upheavals – the English Civil War, the French Revolution, the American Revolution, the Civil War, the Russian Revolution, the German non-revolution (and then the victory of Hitler), Mussolini’s victory in Italy, Mao in China – youi will see that it took years and years for the necessary numbers of people to move into supporting a radical change.

Events, above all things, determine the mood of the great majority. A competent organization can take advantage of these shifts in mood – or blow its opportunity.

At the moment, a relatively small minority of the conservative movement is considering something as radical as secession – but this is far more than were doing this 20 years ago. Events have awakened them. And will awaken more.

I highly recommend two books to people interested in how revolutions occur, and in how they are aborted. For the first, read Trotsky’s History of the Russian Revolution. [ https://www.marxists.org/archive/trotsky/1930/hrr/index.html ] For the latter, A.Neuberg’s Armed Insurrection. [ Armed Insurrection - A. Neuberg (1928) | libcom.org ] (A. Neuberg is a pseudonym for a group of Comintern leaders, most of whom led a series of 6 January disasters (for them) in their own countries.)

However, personal inclinations and circumstances dictate what each of us will actually do.

Both activists and passive observers should be preparing, or be prepared, for a significant disruption in the social/economic/legal order. We are used to the supply pipeline bringing us our food, water, electricity, gas, and other necessities. It’s a very artificial thing – only the last few generations have been so completely dependent on it as we are. We shouldn’t count it always being there uninterruptedly. But that’s another discussion.

2 Likes

If you seek tyranny, you are not an American. If you love the Constitution and believe the Bill of Rights is a worthy of worthies and both are sacred documents with or without a god,
than you are an American.

How long did it take to get here? How long has the radical Left been working behind the scenes only to move to the front these past few presidents? How long have we been asleep?

So
how long do you give us to crawl up to a standing position, get our collective act together, let the political wheel grind to stop the Progression and slog back to a Constitutional Republic?

The threat of civil war, of secession, plans made and discarded, protests and grass-roots change at the local and state level, home-schooling, community preparation leading to cohesion
there is so much to do to be able to stand together. It might not come for a long while, but I tend to think not.

I do not think that Americans will leave America on the trash heap, and wherever Americans will gather
well, there will be America with her Constitution and Bill of Rights, the “standard to which we can repair.”

1 Like

I very much agree with your assessment, Doug.

I also agree with your call for preparation.

I am bothered by the “it is all over for America” tone that has often waxed and waned on the forum over the years. But
then:

C’est moi.

1 Like