A Great Hunger Coming

Quote:
“We’re really heading into the most epic famines that have ever happened in human history,” he predicted.
Yon reflected on the millions of deaths in the 20th century caused by starvation due to government-created famines as he examined contemporary state decrees restricting food production and distribution via ostensibly environmental “climate change” policies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
“The largest famines are always caused not by locusts and drought, they’re caused by people taking advantage of these things,” he stated, “like the Holodomor in 1932 and 1933 in Ukraine.”
Yon observed how modern propaganda campaigns pushed by today’s governments, their media allies, and ideologically and financially aligned institutions denigrate farmers, truckers, and other laboring groups as the Soviet Union did to peasant farmers it deemed “kulaks".
Kulaks were slated for destruction by the Soviet Union — including mass murder and exile — as the state seized farmers’ land and assets as part of “collectivization” program.

4 Likes

Yes, thats exactly what they’re doing.
We’re all kulaks now, and its going to be a repeat - on a larger scale - of the 20th century genocides.
Another thing you can put on Biden’s (and his globalist cronies) list of accomplishments.

4 Likes

If we look at the places where people are already hungry all the time or actually starving, we will see that it is the “unimportant people” not the elites, not the governments, not the military complex. If that hunger and starvation goes fully global, it will be those “unimportant people” again that are affected. This can only be a long held dream of the elites to rid the world of these breeders and useless consumers that they believe truly plague their planet.

Remembering Queen Elizabeth’s consort, whatshisname, wishing that he would return after death as a plague-causing virus that would wipe out human beings. I suspect he really meant just the “unimportant” ones.

I think in the long, long run with most societies (animal/human and plant), it works just the other way; that the “least important” tend to know how to survive the truly hard times and emerge from the disaster and chaos as alpha.

4 Likes

Even Germany faces underproduction of food - not only because of drought, but also because of the “Greens”.

Quote:
The European Union — having been obsessed with expanding the capacity of so-called green energy over fossil fuels — is now struggling to source this gas for the purpose of heating the homes of the general public, let alone for the production of fertilisers, leaving many farmers in the lurch.

While the use of less efficient alternatives such as manure is now being considered by many across the EU, for farmers in Germany the crisis may ultimately be the least of their problems as they head into what looks like will be a cold winter of [gas shortages], during which many may be unable to afford to heat their homes.

4 Likes

It’s hard to believe how stupid the “elites” are.
Or are they just that evil?

4 Likes

Definitely both!

4 Likes

Maryland’s governor, Larry Hogan the RINO, has stated that our state will be switched over to 50% green energy by 2030, accomplished by building solar farms, by 2028 15% percent from solar. And where do the solar farms get built? Well…that would be on former land where soybeans, wheat, corn, sorghum, melons, peppers, potatoes, lopes, tomatoes, etc. are now planted…you know, food.

Now, by implementing ESG into agricultural dealings (somewhere in the pages at the 600s of the newly signed Biden bill) farmers who continue to use commercial fertilizer will be less likely to get loans. Nearly all farmers have operating loans of a certain amount (ours is about 30,000…and we farm less than 300 acres) which “roll over” every year. So we use that loan to buy seed, buy chemicals, fix or buy new equipment, buy farm diesel) and then pay it off when we get paid for the harvest. If those banking institutions are pressured to not offer such loans to farmers, whose ESG score is undesirable, well…that is all bad. As the EPA can do, has done, it can continue to do worse to make farming of crops and livestock and poultry more difficult and costly until the aging farmers give up. The average age of farmers is pushing 70 in America.

They will “grow” something on the land that will make money. Housing developments happen that way. Solar farms will happen that way. Used to be planting a tree farm happened that way, but that doesn’t work well anymore. You would think that would be great with the price of lumber and plywood being sky-high if you can find it…and the quality being poor. But, timber almost gets given away these days…it is not a nest egg.

Decades ago when the state or federal government wanted forested land for their purposes (state or national parks, etc) they would raise the property taxes so high that the owners just couldn’t afford to keep paying them, and so would sell their land to the government. There is no reason not to assume that this may be another tactic to drive farmers to sell their land for solar farms.

I don’t think the people putting up solar panels or building solar farms understand what happens to aging panels and that they are going to be responsible for dealing with the hazardous waste that will cost enormous amounts of their money. Nor or they aware of the fact that using solar panels acts to favor the CCP to the detriment of the US. Solar panel making is a filthy business, mostly done by slave labor.

Yet, the land owners have a right to use their property in legally zone ways. County governments are being pressured to allow such zoning to be amended and the agricultural preservation groups are having to yield to all the pressures. A little bit here, a little bit there, and before you know it half the farm land is gone as farmers are pushed out with regulation after regulation. After all, food will soon be free to all, and no one will have to grow it. It will all just come to the grocery stores from duplicators. Most people know that they get their food from the grocery store anyway, so what difference will it make to them?

I don’t call it hoarding, I call it preparing for worse times to come. I hope you all are doing the same.

4 Likes

At this rate, if MAGA doesn’t win in 22 and 24, we’re doomed.

4 Likes

From Gatestone: Gain of function with crop diseases? Lovely

4 Likes

Oh, great. I’ve never seen the sense in selling off land in the U.S. to other countries, but especially to China. China has already declared “the Peoples War” against us.
It’s suicidally stupid - but what do our “betters” ever do that’s not?

4 Likes

Thank you for all that very interesting information, Jeanne.

Is it possible to prepare adequately for a very long stretch of time when food is scarce and everything is too expensive to afford?

What puzzles me is why this is being done to America. Don’t the Powers realize that it will be to their detriment too? If they do realize it, what explains their urge to self destruction?

4 Likes

I suppose they think that after they’ve killed most of us off there will be plenty for them, and whatever “deplorables” are left will be slave labor for them.

3 Likes

Seems to be the case. But are so many Americans so bad?

3 Likes

This sort of elite behavior has been going on forever…rules are for thee, but not for me. If we figure that less than 20% are actually Far Left “Great Resetters” and of them a smaller percentage are the PTB, who control governments and corporations, and are in bed with the WEF…well, there are the useful idiots (even powerful ones) and they can join the masses in poverty and starvation, then a small percentage of people are evil, don’t care about anything but themselves and their goal of a pristine earth that they can enjoy, while the rest slave and die.

Patriot Supply is a good source for securing long lasting freeze dried foods and meals. It isn’t cheap, but none of it is. Their food and meals are edible. Augason Farms (I bought these) has meals, as well, but they also carry individual freeze dried items, such as, peas, carrots, peppers, onions, soups, breads and cereals, and milk. Both companies regular have sales. The kits and cans are easy to store, light weight and will last 25 years.

4 Likes

I got a couple buckets of those.
At least it helps relieve some of the worry.

3 Likes

Still, these purchases, these preparations, are actions of despair. Despair of what we had and are losing.

3 Likes

More bad news about food:

3 Likes

No, these are actions of hope that our family, our grandchildren, can weather whatever bad economic future we are facing. We still have our family and do not plan on losing anyone on the farm. We know our immediate neighbors, and together we have a plethora of skills, knowledge and equipment. Hopefully, it won’t come to the point where we have to band together to survive. Hopefully, we will “just” have a Depression. But either way, we intend to survive it together, if that is our future.

There are all sorts of worst case scenarios, the fears of which can best be defeated by preparations. It is no rosy picture, but we aren’t about to let our grandchildren go hungry or eat our pets or let anyone take what we have during a failure of civility.

Preparations allow us to plan. They give us time. If our money will become worthless soon, then it is better to use it now to buy real goods, such as food stores, medicinal stores, toiletry stores, clothes, boots and shoes, firearms and ammo, a wood cook stove, manual labor tools. And use it to pay off our debts. If we recover the Republic to good form, then we still have it…nothing has gone to waste. Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. Three is two, two is one, one is none.

The future is coming for us and for our progeny, whether we are prepared for it or not. If we can prepare stores to carry the farm through and help our neighbors when we can, then that seems very reasonable to us.

For pity’s sake, our parents and grandparents lived with preparations. The Mormons and other similar sects just do that by the regulations of their religion. The backwoods and mountain people do that as a natural part of living. They put up foods, they hunt and fish, they rely upon themselves and their neighbors to work together to get by. Preppers and homesteaders certainly do it already. Being prepared means being ready and it means to not live in fear of hard times.

We are no Rawlesian Preppers by a long shot, but I feel comfortable knowing that we will have supplies for our family for most of the hard times we could have.

4 Likes

When next I get to the store for supplies, I will buy another case of canned peaches.

4 Likes

Oh, oh, oh! So it really is that critical!

You know I rely on your judgment of what is happening in America, Jeanne. I trust your knowledge of this land. I believe you.

3 Likes