Zelensky and Tucker

There’s no way to verify this, but it seems as credible as any other theory floating around out there. It certainly warrants an investigation. Either way, Zelensky is clearly a gangster and it sickens me that so many pander to this thuggish tyrant.

2 Likes

Putin has exactly the same opinion that Zelensky is a gangster. Zelensky is a neo-Nazi and…

3 Likes

Apparently Zelensky has a whole list of Americans he doesn’t like. And since he knows all about Biden’s corrupt Burisma deals, when he says “jump” Biden probably says “how high?”

2 Likes

Cogito, I think Tucker Carlson’s opinion of Zelensky and the Ukraine war in general - his view primarily that the US should not have anything to do with him or it - may well have been a contributing factor in his employers’ case against him.
But it seems that what they most fear is that Tucker will persuade many more voters to vote for Trump in next year’s election. They are keeping him silent for another two years - by taking him off the air and holding him to his contract so he can’t spread his views on some other channel. I suspect that is their chief objective. Which means they are strongly anti-Trump.

2 Likes

If Putin were allowed to swallow Ukraine, his appetite would not be appeased. (He bit off the Crimea, and it was a mere appetizer for him.) He would want other independent nations for lunch and dinner.

If NATO did not support Ukraine (nasty as it is) against Russia (even nastier), it would be the end of NATO. Would that not be a serious loss?

1 Like

Zelensky may be a gangster, but Putin is a much bigger stronger more ruthless gangster.

1 Like

I don’t think we will ever know the truth about the Tucker affair. As to Russia/Ukraine, let’s agree to disagree here. I’m still unclear what Trump’s position on this war is.

3 Likes

Trumps position is that it would not have happened were he in the WH…but that decision, of course, is now the distant past. We are apparently stuck with Biden’s decision and are ruining our nation’s ability to fight a war or even defend itself.

Perhaps further war games in the House will prove better for America, but no one expects it to. Just how ripe do we have to get for the picking?

1 Like

Fair enough, but I would like to know what his plans are. Will he continue the present mode of endless support for Zelensky or will he stop it. He is a peace maker.

2 Likes

I am not certain that Trump has addressed what plans he has for this proxy war, if that is what it is still. I tend to think he would draw down US involvement while brokering a peace settlement. I don’t think the US is any real position to “threaten” Putin. And…Biden has “control” of the issue still and for many months to come.

Do you think that the Ukraine-Russia war will be a point question of the coming primary debates? If Trump takes part, he would need to answer in some manner, as would others. Then again, why should any possible future president tell the world specifically what he or she will do concerning the war? Still, I guess the presidential contenders of past decades have talked about “ending the war” whichever it was at the time…

Have you heard anything from Trump about the war, Cogito?

1 Like

I’ve heard nothing beyond what we know already, but his views are too opaque for me. The war could be an issue in 2024 if Trump’s views are opposed to Biden’s. Only time will tell.

2 Likes

I think “things” will be decided for the US and not by the US way before 2024, unfortunately. So, I guess what Trump or anyone else might do should he or she replace Biden is a moot point, actually. Unless contenders start making a lot of noise about their plans and garner strong backers now. Then the direction might be altered to one, which will help preserve us as a viable nation.

By this Summer, what will the SOTU be?

I revise my thoughts on China and Taiwan. I don’t think China will ever have to invade in order to get what it wants. About Ukraine, I don’t think that Putin will have to worry much about the US when our economy collapses. The US is moving quickly in the direction of that collapse, as our infirm President follows directions of those seeking it, and Congress allows it. Our enemies…and some weak friends…are expecting it, and planning accordingly to save their own interests.

What push back there is from actual conservatives in Congress is too little, too late, and is ignored by the rest of our elected officials to the People’s House, one third of our federal government. Our Fourth Estate, the Corporate Media has and is actively betraying The People in order to further all effort to bring America down.

The US cannot fight a war and may not be able to protect our nation’s sovereign lands for an extended period. Our borders will soon be even farther opened next week and hundreds of thousands daily are expected to enter and disappear, despite what KJP insists.

Reuters says that targeted short selling of financial institutions is going on again, and was responsible for the recent collapses of banks.

Who would gain? All our enemies and the gigantic banks, which make up the Fed. Who is doing it? Probably foreign interests. Who could stop it? President Biden, by immediately making it illegal to short sell financial institutions.

And, no, this is not me without hope. This is just reality. I maintain hope and always will. It cost me nothing to hope, and the cost of despair is overwhelming to all the senses and to those to whom I am responsible, namely, my family. I cannot afford despair. No one can.

1 Like

That sums up the present state of things very well.

1 Like

If the US as leader of NATO stops supporting Ukraine, NATO stops. Without the US it is impotent. What effective armies does it have? Russia could advance without great difficulty at least as far as the Channel. (Britain has an army and armament.) Looking on the bright side, we might find consolation in the justifiable expectation that Russia would (ruthlessly) stop Europe becoming Islamic. (Britain might become just that.)

Possible late 21st century geography: Europe part of a Russian Empire stretching from the Channel to the Bering Strait (the vision of Aleksandr Dugin). Africa ruled by China. The former United States a hodge-podge of First World independent states (formerly Republican governed) and impoverished communist Third World states (formerly Democrat ruled) …

3 Likes

That is a possible future.

2 Likes

Some observations:
I think Russia is a two bit country whose army is risibly incompetent and it is highly unlikely that Russia could or wants to advance to the Channel.
The Ukraine has been a part of Russia since Catherine the Great. I believe that Kiev was the capital of Russia for some time. NATO and the US poked the bear. They were fully aware that Russia would be most unhappy to have NATO on its border. Already, American and British troops are in the Ukraine as “advisors” Echos of Vietnam here. I fear an escalation of this petty border dispute into something much larger.
I’m with Washington’s wise idea that America is a friend to liberty everywhere, but guardians only of its own.

2 Likes

I agree with your observations, Cogito. It is not a popular stance.

1 Like

Good points. I agree.

1 Like

“This is Putin’s stupid war, and so long as Russians are willing to endure the pointless carnage, trying to take a country that is not theirs, the stupid war will continue.”

Yes.

1 Like

I agree. It is a stupid war, and all the more reason for us not to be dragged into it. The Russian military has been exposed as a paper tiger.

1 Like