Will NATO Fight?

What facts have I “made up”?
I certainly express myself forcefully, particularly on this subject, we are, after all, talking about TEOTWAWKI.
Do you read Karl Denninger at Market-Ticker? For vulgarity and coarseness he can hardly be beaten, but he does make a lot of sense. Compared to him I am very mild.
You don’t believe Russia has shown restraint!
The wealth of Russia is in its resources; agricultural, energy, minerals and metals. The oligarchs will be bought off and, in turn, they will buy off our political leaders.
You should understand what is happening; it is about as plain as it can be. I suspect the problem that you and many others have is that you find it difficult to believe how venal and evil the political elite can be. I don’t have to remind you that Auschwitz-Birkenau was a govt. program in co-operation with German corporate interests.
There was never any Russian plan to “seize Kiev”. The purpose of that part of the operation was to tie down Ukranian forces in the west of the country while the main Russian effort captured Donbas, Luhansk and the land corridor to Crimea, which they have done. They also encircled the 60,000 or so Ukranian forces that had been deployed to carry out a genocide against the ethnic Russians in the east. Russian forces are now pounding that force with artillery 24/7, and will soon have destroyed it completely, a positive development.
I am not pro-Russian. However it is indisputable that Putin and his govt. have been incredibly patient in their dealings with Ukraine, the EU, and NATO. They have been rewarded for their patience and good faith with lies and bad faith. It was Russia that led the effort to get the Minsk agreements, whereby the sovereignty of Ukraine would have been guaranteed, in return for reasonable protections for the ethnic Russians in the east. It was not long ago that the Russian and Ukranian economies were unified. This is in many ways a civil war, that has been created by external, particularly US, actors.
The Russians have taken great pains to spare civilian lives and infrastructure, even at the cost of accepting greater than necessary casualties among their own forces.
On Zerohedge there is a story about Dmitry Medvedev warning again that continued NATO provocations are risking a wider, even nuclear, war. There is another story there about Zelensky calling for talks with Putin to stop the war from spreading to outside of Ukraine’s borders, but he won’t buy peace with Ukranian land, which is a bit of a joke considering the historical extent of the “Ukranian” nation. Search “historical borders of Ukraine” for insight into this.
The “massive upheaval” of the population of Ukraine has been going on for decades. David goldman has an excellent essay on the complete pointlessness of this war for Ukraine (lots of reasons for the war lobby in Washington though).

1 Like

There has been no “mass killing” by Russian forces. You are being duped by propaganda: Next thing we will be told that"Russians are hoisting babies on their bayonets", OR; “Iraqi (Russian) soldiers tore babies from incubators”. The propaganda is always the same; we should know by now when we are being lied to and manipulated.
Russia is not threatening anybody. The vast majority of Russian defence spending (at most 1/10th of US spending) has gone to defensive systems such as the S-400 & 500 missiles. The Russian army is not capable of an offensive against western Europe; you are being lied and manipulated. And like Pavlovs dogs you react exactly as the manilipulaters want you too.

Father_Lode, you are being rude and arguing ad hominem yet again!

Your manner of arguing is unacceptable.

Make your points without accusing your interlocutors of stupidity or ignorance or fascism or gullibility or whatever abusive term comes to your grumpy mind.

You cannot expect me to remain patient when you persist in being aggressive and insulting. You have promised several times to stop.

The fact that others are being rude and crude elsewhere on the net is no excuse for you being so here!

There are better examples to follow, including here on this Forum.

1 Like

I am sorry; I do not understand you are talking about?
Where am I being rude?
I am trying to be on my best behaviour!
I have not accused anyone of fascism. I may have accused some of naivete, since when is that a crime?
You want me out of here don’t you? But you don’t have the courage to ban me.
OK; I am out of here.

You write: " … like Pavlovs [sic] dogs you react exactly as the manilipulaters [sic] want you too [sic]." We’ll overlook the typos, but that’s a rude thing to say to someone. Your failing to understand that it is rude explains a lot about your manner!

You accused C.Gee of fascism. You’ve forgotten that?

Now you say I “don’t have the courage” to ban you. Again, that is insulting.

Commenters can say rude and insulting things about people in the public eye as much as they like on this site. That includes you. But you say rude and insulting things TO the people you are talking to. That is uncivilized (unless they deliberately provoke you, but none of them have.)

If you’ve gone and never read this, so be it.

1 Like