Update on Rescue the Republic / Join the Resistance media Coverage

The event Rescue the Republic in DC will be livestreamed in this link beginning at 12 p.m. Eastern, 9 a.m. Pacific…

Livestream – Rescue The Republic (jointheresistance.org)

2 Likes

Thanks! It ought to be interesting!

1 Like

Just an interesting related thing - did you see Johnny Vedmore’s take on Brett Weinstein on Warroom (episode 622)? Also he has an article about him on his website, Newspaste.com.
If so, what are your thoughts?

1 Like

Well, Zerothruster, I watched a few chunks of it.

What can I say that won’t brand me as intolerant and unkind?

Ah, yes. Jordan Peterson’s piebald suit was interesting.

Health? God? Pop? No.

Health is good but not interesting.

Actually the whole thing - as far as I can judge it from the chunks - is amateurish, clumsy, sentimental, boring, god-bothery … all that I suspected it would be. Did I try to “keep an open mind”? Not very hard.

What do you think of it? (It’s still going on!)

This I can say in its favor: if it persuades lots of voters to vote for Trump and Republican House and Senate reps, then … okay, jolly good show.

1 Like

Thanks for the link, Liz.

Bret Weinstein is a clever man, and he seems to be on our side - knows the importance of free speech - but he’s boring. Can’t speak to a crowd.

Please tell me if I’ve missed something about him that I ought to know.

1 Like

I’m still reading up on him to find out more, so don’t know much yet, but I’ll keep you posted.
I haven’t watched that Rescue the Republic thing yet, but I enjoyed your take on it, :laughing:!
And agree that, as long as it motivates more people to vote for Trump, it was a worthy effort.

1 Like

Matt Taibbi spoke at the Rescue the Republic rally.

He writes:

I was once taught you should always open an important speech by making reference to a shared experience.

So what do all of us at “Rescue the Republic” have in common? Nothing!

In a pre-Trump universe chimpanzees would be typing their fourth copy of Hamlet before RFK Jr., Robert Malone, Zuby, Tulsi Gabbard, Russell [Brand], Bret Weinstein and I would organically get together for any reason, much less an event like this.

True, everyone speaking has been censored. The issues were all different, but everyone disagreed with “authoritative voices” about something.

Saying no is very American. From “Don’t Tread on Me!” to “Nuts” to “You Cannot Be Serious!” defiance is in our DNA.

Now disagreement is seen as threat, and according to John Kerry, must be “hammered out of existence". The former Presidential candidate just complained at a World Economic Forum meeting that “it’s really hard to govern” and “our First Amendment stands as a major block” to the important work of hammering out unhealthy choices.

Kerry added that it’s “really hard to build consensus,” and told Forum members they need to “win the right to govern” and “be free to implement change".

What do they need to be free of? The First Amendment, yes, but more importantly: us. Complainers. That’s our shared experience. We are obstacles to consensus.

1 Like

Kerry - “it’s really hard to govern” Americans.
Translation - " it’s really hard to CONTROL" them.

1 Like

Yes. Exactly right, Liz.

And that is good news.

May the coming election prove it!

1 Like