Trump: the Colossus of the Age

Today (Sunday, January 21, 2024), Ron DeSantis dropped out of the Republican presidential race - and he has endorsed Trump.

DeSantis is an excellent governor. The time will surely come when he will be an excellent president.

But right now, no one is better to lead America and the world than Donald Trump.

Trump is the Colossus of the Age.

1 Like

He is certainly that, and America’s last hope.

2 Likes

Yes, if only he’s given the chance.
We know the traitors who stole the election from him are going to do everything in their power to steal it again. It’s not a question of “if”, but of “how”.
With such weak Republican opposition, they may just get away with the same tactics they used in '20.
Or they have some other trick up their sleeve.

1 Like

I’m not so sure about Ron’s future chances. He damaged his brand by choosing to seek the presidential nomination in 2024 rather than waiting till 2028. Taking on Trump was political suicide. Trump is a juggernaut the likes of which has seldom been seen in the world of politics.

2 Likes

I agree with what you say about Trump, Backwoods!

Alexander, Caesar, Napoleon … Trump. And those earlier three were all military men. Trump is a politician born - and a born leader.

But he can only serve as president for one more term. We greatly hope he will be elected to do that.

His match will not be found. But wouldn’t it be good if he were to be succeeded by a competent governor who learns from him? Namely, Ron DeSantis?

1 Like

I agree - I think De Santis pretty much committed political suicide by being disloyal to Trump.
Also made himself suspect by taking money from big anti-Trump donors.
I actually like Ramaswamy better than him now - I’d like to see him picked as V.P.

1 Like

I think Ramaswamy is far too ambitious, has far to much to say for himself, is far to entranced with his own ideas, to be a willing Vice Anything. He’s certainly cabinet material, and I’m sure we’ll hear much of him in the future. We’ll see what happens (to quote one of Trump’s favorite sayings).

I’d like to see an experienced well-informed white man as VP. Or a ditto non-white man. Black women have proved disastrous in leadership positions ( with a few exceptions). I know that sounds “racist”. But the black women have - almost every one of them - been appointed for racist reasons.

White women who can govern are also very rare. But there has been at least one: Margaret Thatcher.

The race shouldn’t matter, but it has been made to matter.

The sex does matter. It was often said - with good reason - that Thatcher was the best man in the Conservative Party.

1 Like

Yes, I’m really sick of women and blacks being hired just because of their gender or race.
Worse still is the fact that people are stupid enough to VOTE for people based on “first woman this” or “first black that”, as if that is so important.
That’s how you get incompetent idiots running things, or worse, Marxists.
It’s frustrating that even Republicans accept that premise and promote women and blacks for office just to appease what they think voters want.
Of course, a female conservative is always better than a male Marxist, but she still displaced a conservative man that would have done better.

As for Ramaswamy, he is ambitious, but don’t you have to be to run for President? He’s also very smart, good at exposing leftist B.S., and has mostly supported Trump.

1 Like

Has he spoken about policies? What would his be?

1 Like

He’s basically for downsizing government by eliminating alot of agencies, anti-affimative action and DEI, etc., pro-life, anti- dependence on China.
I think pretty similar to Trump on most issues.
Since I wasn’t going to vote for him I haven’t followed his positions in detail, but I’ve liked what I did hear. Of course he’s too young and lacks experience, but will be a good choice in the future.

1 Like

Kari Lake is my choice for VP. She’s a fighter.

2 Likes

Her strong personality and general likability are impressive. But would she be a good president if the (tragic) need for her to “take over” arose?

Do you know what her principles are other than broadly those of the Republican Party?

Would she make a decisive commander-in-chief?

1 Like

My two cents - her platform while running for governor of AZ was very strong. (They stole that election, too - she would have won.)
Although she didn’t get the chance to prove it, I think she would’ve been a great governor of AZ.
Vastly better than the token female leftist joke now running it into the ground, Hobbs.
I think she might be exceptional, like Thatcher.

2 Likes

Another note on Ramaswamy - Trump really likes him, and credited him in a speech for alerting him to the danger of a Central Bank Digital Currency, which he now promises he will not allow.

1 Like

That’s interesting - and good.

1 Like

Ramaswamy is sounding all the right notes, bur it remains to be seen if he’s the real deal. Time will tell.

2 Likes