Trump is Doomed But Not Because He Is Guilty

"He will be found “guilty.”

And what will conservatives do?

What they always do.

Nothing.

Not-a-thing.

Conservatives will shake their heads in disgust, scratch their rear ends, make angry comments in conservative websites, and then strut around, uttering their own mantra, “They’ll take my guns away from my cold, dead, hands.”

Which they will."

This coincides with my thinking. Trump will not be the next President. No Republican ever will.

2 Likes

Not unless we can force a change in the election system, through the courts and the legislature.
But the chance is slim to none that we can succeed with that, considering the total weaponization of the entire system of government against us by the left.

1 Like

Well, this is interesting. It seems that Mr Trump is more popular among millenials than baby boomers - so it may be that the overall picture is moving : Donald Trump Receives Polling Boost From Millennials

3 Likes

A welcome surprise, the news the link brings.

So is your return to us, westrop8.

Thanks for both.

1 Like

Thank you for bringing us that article, Cogito.

If THEY cannot imprison Trump, they will assassinate him.

He stands alone. The Republican Party is a token, a gesture, a muffled grumble, not an Opposition. It has let horror happen. It will let Trump be martyred. It will shed crocodile tears.

1 Like

Very eloquently and poignantly said, Jillian. This article and your response reinforce my prediction that Trump will not run in 2024 because he will either be in prison or dead.
However, I have changed my views on the possibility of a hot civil war. I now think this is not likely at all. The covid fiasco has sadly demonstrated that Americans are no more likely to “kick against the pricks” than any other people. With very rare exceptions, they readily followed the orders to get vaccinated, wear masks, lockdown, close businesses, schools, and their places of worship. With embarrassingly small opposition, Americans permitted the ruination of their economy, the crippling of their children’s education, and the violation of their most fundamental Constitutional rights and liberties. There will be no civil war. America will die not with a bang but a whimper.

2 Likes

I fear that your terrifying and tragic prediction will all too probably turn out to be true, Cogito.

1 Like