Trump at CPAC

Breaking News from Just The News:

Former President Trump won the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) straw poll on Saturday as the preferred 2024 GOP presidential nominee and former Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake won as the vice presidential choice of CPAC attendees.

Over 2,000 votes were cast and Trump won with 62% while Florida GOP Gov. Ron DeSantis earned 20%. DeSantis also came in second as the vice presidential pick with 14% compared to 20% for Lake.
DeSantis did not appear at CPAC this year. Trump is addressing the crowd on Saturday.
In the straw poll, 95% of respondents said they approved of Trump’s job performance as president.

Whether or not this means anything we will have to wait and see. A lot can happen over the course of the campaign for 2024.

But, I like Kari Lake. I like Ron DeSantis, too, but I would like him to wait. Whatever, I am supporting the Republican nominee in 2024.

And…we already know what baggage Trump brings along, and quite frankly I like it. Should other candidates adopt Trump’s policies and would they be able to stand the heat? Should Trump modify his behavior some?

Should we admit defeat in elections due to Leftist shenanigans or should the Republicans modify their election strategy to use all means to win…while keeping it legal? Would that make a difference?

4 Likes

I’m still hoping for positive outcomes in the many lawsuits that are going on against the election fraud in '20 and '22. Aside from that, I don’t know what else will make any difference - all the campaigning is beginning to seem like Charlie Brown, Lucy, and the football, combined with “Groundhog Day”, repeating itself endlessly.

4 Likes

That’s how it looks to me too, Liz.

3 Likes

Last week, I heard a radio conversation (don’t know what show) about Rep. getting on the ball with legal ballot harvesting, as the Dems and other Leftists have been doing legally or illegally.

3 Likes

Maybe I’m jumping to conclusions too quickly here, but the problem with that is that even if Republicans do it, we’ll of course do it legally.
The Democrats will do it illegally wherever they can get by with it. Plus, they have the machines rigged in their favor.

3 Likes

Yup, they have been doing that for years …locally, state-wide and nationally. Hopefully, the more flak they take from recent revelations, the more people will question their integrity.

2 Likes