Time to ponder

I spent much of this afternoon cutting grass on the farm, and one thing there is often a lot of time for on a farm is thinking. So I was pondering the recent horrible events and wondering where Kaammie is. Apparently, she has not been seen or heard from for six days, excepting a tweet.

Is she being furiously prepped to take over the Presidency when Dr. Jill addresses us all with sorrow that her husband has suffered a “mild stroke” caused by the stress of recent weeks…Covid and all that. Nobody can blame Joe, because nobody realized that his dementia would move with the speed of the Taliban to worsen until it overwhelmed the poor dear man.

Then with him out of the way, stepping down for “health reasons” of course, Kaammie could step in as the “strong woman of color” that will rescue our citizens and others, and put the Taliban in its place. And, of course, this is how it will go, because all the Democrats will back her and the corporate media will praise her and the Taliban will fear her, even if they do not respect her. And, our allies will heave a heavy sigh and thank gawd that Joe has stepped down and that Kaammie is now in charge, and all will be well.

Well…it was awfully hot out there cutting grass, so maybe I have given flight to my fancy amidst the sweat and the grass fumes. Not that kind of grass!

Still, I was wondering…

Can Barry Obama be nominated as Vice President?

3 Likes

I love your phrase “the speed of the Taliban”. It should be taken into common use.

2 Likes

But I do hope that Kaamie will also go, and Obama get lost in his Borgesian library.

2 Likes

Hmmm…from my computer’s dictionary:

“characteristic of the Argentinian writer Jorge Luis Borges or his works, especially with reference to fantasy or magic realism: this authorial playfulness lends Borgesian overtones to his work.”

Never heard of him and I love fantasy novels that are well done. I suspect my age is what caused me to miss his works.

Interesting man and here are some quotes:

“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.”
Yes, please!

“There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite.”
Hmmm…

“Don’t talk unless you can improve the silence.”
Heavy sigh…silence can be wonderful, but the noisy chaos of family can be joyous.

2 Likes

Hmm…this from Snopes:

1 Like

I admire your eagerness to know, to find out, Jeanne. To think for yourself. Yes, please do read Borges. If you do, then tell us please what you think of his work.

2 Likes

Yes, because whatever his expertise on Borges, he obviously has never bothered to educate himself on the Constitution and founding documents, except from a marxist perspective. Just a minor insignificant detail you might consider fitting for a president!

3 Likes

I don’t like the ambiguity of the notion about “appointed” former presidents to the v.p. seat.

Still…Obama probably will still be the one more in charge than the incompetent and silly Harris.

3 Likes

Yes, but I think I’d rather have incompetence than calculated evil.

1 Like

But the calculated evil has been working the incompetent Biden. Obama would have a great platform for a couple of years.

2 Likes

Yes, we lose either way.

2 Likes

He’s probably the man behind the curtain right now. He brought his ISIS buddies back. Joe is a stage prop.

3 Likes

That’s right. Obama’s second term.

2 Likes