The Silence of the Justices

The Supreme Court won’t say anything about the leak of the Dobbs opinion.

Which makes me suspect that they have found out who leaked it - and it is one of them. (Pogo: “I have met the enemy and they are us.”) My bet would be on Sotomayor. Yours?

1 Like

I don’t think it was one of the justices. I think it was a clerk for one of the justices. It may have been an unguarded moment when the person replied to the question of an acquaintance about this most controversial case. If the justices know who that clerk is, they may decide to simply move them along to a different position and away from SCOTUS. They are a very close “family” and would you put a family member in jeopardy for an “oopsie” moment?

I know it is an unprecedented occurrence, and has upheaved the nation, but it has also revealed much to be considered by the nation about who the Left is and where they want to drive us. A bad thing and a good thing all together. It has reminded many conservatives about what our Constitution says…and what it means to be a Representative Republic with individual and state rights, and what limited power the federal government is suppose to have.

This is just what I think, mere speculation.

3 Likes

My guess is, either Sotomayor or Kagan. Or one of their clerks. But any one of the clerks could be a “mole”.

3 Likes

Why do you think it was not one of the justices?

Clerks can be fired. The justices cannot be fired. It would be a great scandal if it were known to have been one of them. Hence the silence. Otherwise why the silence?

2 Likes

Yes, most probably Sotomayor or Kagan. Of the two, Kagan seems to be the brighter spark, and so a shade less brainwashed by the devilish Left. That’s why I say it was Sotomayor.

3 Likes

Yes, you’re right. Sotomayor is probably the most brainwashed of the bunch.

3 Likes

I agree that Sotomayor does not seem as educated as the average American Latina. If it is one of the justices, she would be my guess, as well.

But, it would put the clerk in the spotlight of the nation, if the justices were to reveal the person’s identity or fire the person outright. I don’t think they would do that, so if it is a clerk, I think they would just move along to another position, never to darken their halls again.

Whenever, I have heard a justice interviewed, even briefly, they speak of the closeness of their group, and I can’t reason that they would “throw anyone under the bus” and anyone includes their clerks. Unless it was a deliberate attempt by a clerk to alter the justices’ decision. It is just a feeling that I have.

I suspect the truth will come out eventually, but from another source than the justices or other clerks. There are still investigative reporters, I think…maybe. The walls around SCOTUS are pretty thick.

2 Likes

Why would they not want to put a clerk in the spotlight of the nation?

If it was a clerk who betrayed them, he/she - I guess"she" - deserves much worse than that.

3 Likes

If it was a betrayal and deliberate…sure. If it was an “oopsie” in an unguarded moment, no.

2 Likes

No possibility of an oopsie. A HUGE issue. It could only have been deliberate.

3 Likes

Yes, it had to be deliberate. It had never happened before.

3 Likes

It wasn’t a matter of a few words carelessly dropped.The entire 98-page document was handed over to an outsider.

If ever there was an obvious act of vindictive sabotage, this was it. If a clerk did it, and has been found out, his/her punishment would surely start with dismissal.

The silence is eloquent. It tells us that one of the Leftist justices was the betrayer.

4 Likes

Jillian’s suspicion is plausible. Look at it this way: If Merrick Garland had been on the court when the leak occurred, could you trust that he had not been the leaker – knowing what we know now about his corrupt partisanship? (And he was presented as “moderate” when nominated by Obama – thank goodness McConnell blocked him.) Though my impression is that none of the three leftists now on the court are as bad as Garland. Even Sotomayor seems to have enough integrity to recognize and praise the admirable character and personality of Judge Thomas.

4 Likes

I think the leak of that kind is actually a felony offense, something about willful mishandling of sensitive government documents (though not necessarily classified). So that would support your theory that it was a justice – so as not to incriminate her or him.

4 Likes

Oh shoot! I missed that tidbit. No wonder you’all think I am missing a few crayons in my box.

1 Like

So, you are reasoning that it must have been a clerk of one of the Leftist justices, Damon?

2 Likes

No one here thinks anything of the kind! Quite the contrary.

3 Likes

I’m undecided, but I think Jillian has a good reason to think it being one of the dem justices – to avoid scandal, though I don’t think that’s a good enough excuse not to prosecute if the leak can be proven. As I understand it, a disclosure of that kind is a federal crime. But they might also have looked the other way even if it were a only staffer who acted alone or in concert with other staffers. The conservatives habitually go squishy on the crimes of the democrats.

4 Likes

No, I don’t think they would ignore a crime committed by a member of staff. It was too big an outrage. They knew what fury the opinion would cause. And how it did when it came out officially! Kavanaugh was actually hunted by an assassin.

Run-of-the-mill conservatives being squishy on crime is one thing. Supreme court judges tolerating the leaking of their own opinions is quite another. The only plausible reason for the silence is that they all know that the person who betrayed them is one of them.

3 Likes

Surely, there will be someone to take the fall, so the case will be “solved” and all will be well. Then the person will commit suicide while in prison. Isn’t that how it happens in the far Left of the Clinton/Obama/Biden administration? No squishy Republicans needed.

4 Likes