The Shameful Decline Of Scientific American

Worth a read, even though the climate change stance is questionable.

2 Likes

Ironic. They guy lamenting this decline is already a victim of the previous wave of brainwashing pushed on us by “scientists” who have been spreading Agenda 21 and climate alarmism for decades, and repeats the smear against “far right” “climate denialists”, lumping them in with creationists.
Yet now he’s sounding the alarm against the far left, who, he’s just discovered, are abusing science for political purposes!

3 Likes

I haven’t read it, but I probably don’t need to. I think we ALL know what the Root Cause is, and it’s one of those Golden FEW Tenets we share with Religion- The Pursuit of MONEY is the Root of All Evil- And Let’s just go ahead and lump Power in there w it, since enough money IS Power, Really. No need to split hairs. I have to admit, it makes me angry, and very deeply SAD, that those who I used to hold up as “Keepers of the Flame”, so to speak, have all turned out to be so easily bought and paid for. Truly, Deeply Sad. Even as jaded as I may be, I never thought so many would fail such a test. Some, of course, humans are humans. But so many, smfh… Shameful.

2 Likes

I think I’d modify that saying to “the dishonest pursuit of money…” Pursuing money by earning it honestly is a good thing, and is basically what the Founders were talking about with the phrase “the pursuit of happiness”.
But today it’s hard to find a politician, or even a scientist, who pursues it honestly.

3 Likes