The Ruination Wrought by Hurricane Helene

From the linked article:

A GoFundMe, started yesterday and authorized by President Trump for the victims of Hurricane Helene has raised over $3,000,000.

As of Tuesday afternoon [today October 1, 2024], the GoFundMe page had reached roughly $3,083,144 of its initial goal of $1,000,000. The GoFundMe page surpassed $1,000,000 raised for the victims just hours after the page had been created.

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper (D) issued a statement on Tuesday that recovery efforts would be “a continued operation”.

“Communities were wiped off the map, dozens of lives lost, hundreds of roads remain damaged or impassable,” Cooper explained.

Comment:

President Trump, himself in person, is taking trucks full of aid to the people in the devastated areas.

Some are asking where “President” Joe and “Vice President” Kamala are.

I haven’t heard an answer. Have you?

2 Likes

There are reports of about 100 killed by the hurricane. There may be more than that.

“She” was not caused by “global warming”.

1 Like

I’ve been living in the upstate of South Carolina for 65 years. That’s the hardest I’ve ever seen this area hit by any kind of storm. I was spared any major damage to my property; no trees down, just a whole lot of small limbs to clean up. My power was out for three and a half days. A lot of people are having to wait a lot longer to get theirs back.

Tropical systems don’t usually hit us too hard this far inland. This is an area people evacuate to when a storm approaches. Helene was a fast moving system that crossed the Florida panhandle, crossed over Georgia, and still packed a wallop when it got here. There were a lot of trees down, roads blocked, and a tremendous amount of electrical infrastructure damaged.

It saddened me to read about the town of Chimney Rock, NC getting swept away. I’ve been there.

2 Likes

Yes it’s shocking how much damage and lives lost that far inland. Glad you made it through.

2 Likes

Thanks Liz.

1 Like

Thank you, Backwoods! Personal testimony to such events is most valuable.

2 Likes

“…was not caused by global warming.”
A headline declares - Biden says “Americans are ‘brain-dead’ if they don’t blame climate change for Hurricane Helene”.
Surely you must heed this admonishment from the brain-dead “President” himself!!!

1 Like

Quote:

It’s another Biden-Harris fiasco, where their incompetence and inability to do the job is leaving scores of flood-ravaged victims across the southern United States lingering in fear. These people have lost everything. Hundreds are missing, and the death toll has crept up to nearly 200 people. It’s one of the deadliest hurricanes to strike the United States, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency doesn’t have the money to cover disaster relief for this hurricane season. Why? Well, this administration diverted FEMA cash to shelter illegal aliens.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) allocated nearly $364 million in the fiscal year 2023 and $650 million for the 2024 fiscal year to the “Shelter and Services Program” “to provide humanitarian services to noncitizen migrants following their release from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS),” according to the government’s website.

Kamala says $750 are available for hurricane victims.

1 Like

“Nearby Fort Bragg (Liberty) has DOZENS of helicopters, field hospitals, water trucks, etc ready for humanitarian relief but the Pentagon hasn’t told them to go help. Why?”

1 Like

“Everyday Americans Are Using Their Helicopters To Bring Aid To Hurricane Helene Victims. The Kamala Harris Administration is threatening to arrest these people for trying to help their fellow Americans. But these awesome Americans do it anyway!”

https://x.com/Mashburn4NC/status/1841653512096112964

1 Like

Yes, as usual, Biden and his gang of Marxist, criminally incompetent, corrupt traitors are using our tax money to fund our destruction.
This way they get a “doubly whammy” on the destruction - they fund the invasion while at the same time de-funding the rescue of the taxpayers themselves when they need it!

1 Like

“Federal Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg has shut down aid flights into Western North Carolina. A NOTAM has been issued by the FAA that won’t allow anyone not approved by the state to fly aid missions. They said they would give permission but they’re not being cooperative at all. At least six m pilots from Virginia are being prevented from getting their aid shipments into Asheville Regional.”

https://x.com/GraduatedBen/status/1841858630376681872

2 Likes

“We have medical teams trying to access Burnsville (elevation 2,700ft) and Black Mountain. Authorities are threatening arrest. I’m gonna keep this short & simple; something is very wrong here.”

https://x.com/kacdnp91/status/1841455790076424318

1 Like

“Once we landed where emergency personnel were, I was met by a fire chief or maybe a captain, and he asked me who I was. I told him who I was, who I was with, just a local volunteer,” Seidhom said. “I told him my background experience, law enforcement, firefighting, and pilot and he immediately started helping with coordination. He gave me radio frequencies to coordinate with them on, set up a landing area for me to come back with the other victim, and just basically started the rescue efforts; the policies and procedures that you would take coordinating with someone from an outside source or outside agency. And in the middle of the whole conversation and them blocking the road off, I was greeted by the – at that time I didn’t know – but the Lake Lure fire chief, or assistant chief, maybe. And he shut down the whole operation.

"I explained to him that I left my son on the side of the mountain, and I left another victim. I was going to go back and bring them, it was already set up for the landing spot and then I would get out of his area. He told me I wasn’t going to go back up the mountain to get them, I was going to leave them there.”

Read the rest of this story here:
https://myfox8.com/news/public-safety/emergency/pilot-flying-supply-rescue-missions-in-western-north-carolina-ordered-out-under-arrest-threat

1 Like

I read a tweet by a guy who’s done alot of disaster rescue missions and he said the obstruction by the federal agencies of private citizens doing rescues is all about money. They have “preferred vendors” that they buy the supplies from (for inflated prices) who then pay them “kickbacks”.
Very believable of our corrupt government .

1 Like

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas announced today that FEMA is running out of money for hurricane relief.

The funding shortfall has come under scrutiny at a time when at least $640 million in FEMA funding is being spent on assisting communities across the country dealing with an influx of migrants.

$640 million in FEMA spending for illegal immigrants has exhausted the till.

“This is easy,” Texas Governor Greg Abbot posted on X, formerly Twitter. “Mayorkas and FEMA — immediately stop spending money on illegal immigration resettlement and redirect those funds to areas hit by the hurricane. Put Americans first.”

An account linked to former President Donald Trump’s campaign also posted that it was a “scandal” that this money was being spent on migrants rather than U.S. citizens.

Well, it is a scandal. I would add that the federal government spends so much money–$6,290,000,000,000–in so many screwy ways, it is outrageous that the government cannot meet core responsibilities without going back to Congress to ask taxpayers for more money. I suspect we could finance hurricane relief simply by firing all of the government’s DEI employees.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/10/grotesque-mismanagement-by-the-kamala-harris-administration.php

1 Like

Yes, entirely believable. The “Democrats” in power are indeed totally corrupt.

And apparently half the electorate likes that sort of government!

1 Like

Yes, it is a scandal, and could be easily fixed, simply by getting rid of the corrupt communists in charge.
But of course that’s the catch 22 - once people who don’t follow the rule of law get into power, the rules don’t work to get them out!
Then it just becomes a mockery.
Mayorkas, while diverting all the money to illegals, adds insult to injury by “warning” us that we’re out of money to aid the disaster victims it’s actually intended for - as if he has no power to fix the problem! But of course, its not a problem to him.
The sick truth is, it’s part of the plan - the “Great Replacement” is working!

1 Like