The Last Coronation?

Quote:
In this shallow and unthinking cultural atmosphere, the coronation looked (and many said explicitly that it was) comical, irrelevant, and wasteful of British taxpayer money.

Americans are, in a certain sense by definition, not monarchists, and King Charles is himself insufferably woke. Britain faces deep crises that could conceivably even result in this being the last coronation.

2 Likes

Two things that never belonged together.

Frumpy Camilla and that crown.

2 Likes

One of their crises is the destruction of British culture by the flooding of it with the Muslims that Charles so “wokely” courts. By the time of the next coronation, they’ll probably be part of a caliphate, paying the dhimmi tax to the Islamic State.

3 Likes

That crown would have looked much better on Diana!

1 Like

And one day maybe will look splendid on beautiful Queen Catherine, wife of King William V.

1 Like

Oh deargawdinheaven!

Just read this, which arrived in my email. Interesting observations, which indicate wokeness, abandonment of traditions of faith and culture and supports, climate and Earth as deity, etc.

Make of it what you will. I am still pondering over the weird stuff and the implications. I wonder how the average British citizen of a certain age might consider these…and if it makes them uneasy?

1 Like

Her hairdresser should have taken the crown into consideration when styling. A smooth look would have avoided the mop-head appearance. Or maybe it is just her… She is a fairly nice looking older woman, but the crown doesn’t seem to be worn, just stuck on her head. Do you know what I mean?

1 Like

Well, I guess a crown would look “stuck” on anybody, so she couldnt help it!
Naomi’s article is interesting, but it seems to me she’s reading too much into everything.
Like the white dresses - that’s the tradition. Just because they’re not stylish enough (in her opinion) she concludes they must be druidic. Not seeing it.

2 Likes

Maybe we are just American and have stopped being aware of traditions… Still, the last coronation was ancient history, about the time I was born. :upside_down_face:

Things have changed a lot since then.

1 Like

The Wolf essay says nothing of any interest whatsoever.

1 Like

Camilla is a frump.

1 Like

I’m a republican, but I confess that I have always had a soft spot for the monarchy in Britain. Until now. Camilla is shrewish. Charles is alife long backer of the New World Order and other idiocies. William is no better

3 Likes

I found it interesting. So sorry to waste your time.

A mere apology won’t do for such a heinous offense. Sackcloth and ashes for you, Jeanne.

(I’m kidding again.)