Tea, Hot, Earl Grey

Okay, here we go:

2 Likes

I can’t get past the advertisement on there, for some reason.

2 Likes

What? Please explain, Jeanne.

2 Likes

There was just that video on their page and a “reserve” button in case you wanted to get one. HAHAHA! Oh oops, I forgot to scroll down. There is more information down page.

Beck kept asking, “But what does it do to your insides?”

Not sure how it works, but apparently it does.

1 Like

Works to do what?

1 Like

Capt. Picard of the USS Enterprise from Star Trek.

He gets his tea that way, only by speaking to the …replicator? Actually, I made mistake. It is “Tea, Earl Grey, hot.”

Every Trekkie’s dream. Well, that and transporting.

This is a molecular drink printer that will be available in 2023.

2 Likes

Jeanne, could you put this on the technology topic? And btw, that looks interesting.

2 Likes

There is a tech topic? Will do, Yazmin.

2 Likes

It is called Science Technology and you are on it.

3 Likes

It works to dispense thousands of drinks from black coffee to alcoholic beverages. I wonder if it dispenses hot chocolate?

All from the same canister, that Cana sends you free monthly. You buy the machine, they send the canisters monthly and you pay per drink from 27 cents (?) to $3. The canister lasts about a month…no matter what drink you dispense from it (!!!) and there you go.

I don’t know how it works. I don’t know how a calculator works. I am not buying one, cuz I agree with Beck’s question on what it does to your insides. I mean what is in the canister that can do all that?!

Here in the tech section, there must be someone, who knows! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Now I am. I never scrolled down… LOL

2 Likes

I would advise taking a break from Beck.

1 Like

Not what I would advise, Jillian. I would advise just the opposite. We are just different that way.

1 Like

I agree with you over so many issues. But how is this an issue? What is it all about? Important advances in technology? How is it important?

2 Likes

This was a last half hour Friday bit of interesting fluff. Believe me the previous segments of today’s show was not fluff and not reassuring. Although, I usually find Beck’s show to be at least positive, the last two or three have been disturbing and distressing.

If we take such an advancement to its fullest conclusion, 100,000s of jobs will be eliminated. We will be left to wonder “what it does to your insides” because we will be less able to trust what goes into the canisters that arrive free on a monthly basis. Will we need a cow? Will we need a citrus farm? Will we need a distillery or brewery? Will we need bottle making facilities?

What comes next? Meat replicators? Medicine replicators?

First, the 3D printers were something brand new and impossible to imagine. Now…molecular drink printers are brand new and impossible to imagine. What a brave new world is being created that eliminates the need for human workers.

It may be the beginning of an issue, but of course, we know that the issue began long ago.

Other than that, it is simply mind-boggling science fiction fluff…

3 Likes

You especially cannot trust it if Bill Gates gets anywhere near it. I suspect he’s already slipping stuff into our drinks now anyway!

3 Likes

Thank you for explaining, Jeanne.

3 Likes

Or slip a sterilizing agent (no more deplorable babies) mind softening agent (much watch The View), vaccines (!) will-weakening agent (oh, alcohol) or maybe something to make us all willing to switch to Democrat! Run for the hills!

Is it quality tested by the USDA? The FDA? NSA?

There are those, who don’t give a fig (hee-hee) that they aren’t eating real food, and it will most likely only get worse as our molecular technicians invent more and more replicators. I just don’t understand how they fit it all in there…

2 Likes

A huge asteroid could hit the earth. Let’s worry ourselves sick about that too.

2 Likes

Let’s not. Let us take this bit of fluff for a topic for what it is. Cana apparently will be part of the future, and other inventions could, most likely will, follow it.

It might be considered a wonderful boon to living by some, or some could avoid such stuff altogether.

An asteroid is not much to worry about, really. A big one will end life on Earth and a small one may leave life on Earth worrying about bigger matters. Unless human beings using advanced technology can destroy it or move it so that it does not hit Earth.

2 Likes