Sexual Perversion is Nothing to be Proud Of

Dennis Prager is always good on political issues (though hopelessly bad on religion). He writes this:

Quote:
The only difference between the American Left and communist totalitarianism is opportunity. All leftists want to control speech and eventually thought. Thus, if you treat gays in your daily life just as you treat heterosexuals, it is not enough. You must go much further. You must express “pride” in gays and lesbians—and not in just gays and lesbians, but in the bisexual, the transgender, the “queer” and the nonbinary. You must not only say, but think, “I am proud of people who consider themselves neither male nor female”—as if such mental illness is an achievement.
So, too, you must refrain from thinking, let alone saying, that having a mother and father is generally best for a child or that one man married to one woman is best for society. And you must refrain from expressing any reservations about teachers no longer calling their students “boys and girls”; about “drag queen story hours” for 5-year-olds; or about giving hormone blockers to children.
The next time you read about “thought control” in North Korea, understand that North Korea’s thought control differs from “Pride” days and nights at sporting events—and from the rest of the Left—only by degree. The Left in America, like the Left in North Korea, demands your mind, not just your behavior.

1 Like

Yes, exactly. The only difference is opportunity, and they are already taking full advantage of the opportunity they now have, because of their party’s political dominance, to force their will on everyone.
People are getting arrested in the U.K. already for praying silently in public. If that’s not “thought policing”, I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

The Atheist Experience talk show in Austin, TX is hosted by a bunch of left wingers. I’ve noticed that they will drop the call of anybody who dares to suggest that people who go for sex change surgery are mentally ill.

I think that such people have gone off the deep end, but I wouldn’t be allowed to voice that opinion on their show.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s sad what a bad name leftists have given atheists - and every other group they’ve hijacked.

4 Likes

I get the feeling that a lot of atheists are liberals because they associate religion with right wingers. When they rebelled against religion they turned against everything else associated with conservatism, not realizing how many things conservatives are right about.

4 Likes

Exactly. They throw the baby out with the bathwater.

3 Likes