Rwanda says Refugees Welcome

“As part of the plan designed to curb migrants crossing the English Channel in small boats, those who are deemed to have entered Britain by unlawful means since January 1 may be sent to Rwanda where they will be permitted to apply for asylum in the African country.”

3 Likes

Interesting idea, sending illegal immigrants to Africa.

Thoughts about it?

3 Likes

From what I’ve saw in this Lotus Eaters clip, it maybe could work, I think that we’ll have to wait and see if this idea works.

2 Likes

Oh, yes, that should work, because everyone is just dying to get into Rwanda! :rofl:

3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

The plan won’t work, it’s not supposed to work.

3 Likes

Could you elaborate on that a little please, Chauncey?

Why a plan that’s “not supposed to work”? Why the deception?

3 Likes

I just meant very simply that it’s a policy designed to create the appearance of doing something about illegal immigration while not actually having any impact on the problem.

3 Likes

Thanks. Yes, that figures.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Evidence of what a sham it is, not the headline but the fact mentioned that only 7 were on board it seems - a flight all the way to Rwanda; a very expensive way of wasting money in short. Meanwhile thousands more arrive every month as far as I can make out from the articles at Breitbart.

2 Likes

The Guardian has a paywall. I don’t want to pay the Guardian. Grateful when you quote or sum up the gist of a Guardian article, as I assume you’ve done here.

2 Likes