Right turn?

Quote:
Figures like Milei, Wilders, and William Cogswell, the new Republican mayor of Charleston, show that a counter-narrative is brewing. Will it prevail over the dominant “progressive” dispensation? No one knows for sure. I take the panic sweeping like a tsunami through the fetid corridors of the Left as a good sign. They are worried, which means that the rest of us have grounds for hope.

Comment:
The election of those persons is greatly to be celebrated. Do their election victories give us grounds for hope? (Add in Giorgia Meloni, PM of Italy.) Are they signs of a movement back to sanity and decency in the governance of the Western world?

2 Likes

Well, one can always hope. But I seem to remember this same hope being dashed after the last two U.S. elections because they were stolen by fraud.
Brazil’s also. I think I’m detecting a pattern here…

2 Likes

What I’d like to know is, how did the Argentinians manage to pull off a switch to hand counting paper ballots? That’s how Milei won - no machines!
But getting rid of the machines here (not to mention ballot harvesting and the rest of the cheating methods the Dems introduced during the convenient excuse of the pandemic) is like trying to move a mountain. They have the power now and they aren’t budging.

3 Likes

I was very dismayed with the situation in Brazil, where the military had the constitutional authority and really, the constitutional duty, to step in and overturn that election by military force when it became clear that Bolsonaro’s election had been obviously stolen, as much as it had been from President Trump in 2020. A lot of people were expecting that action, which regrettably did not happen. We have to wonder why. But the Brazilian Supreme Court also has its own military enforcement wing, which may have proved a decisive counterweight. I guess it came down to a matter of nerve, and of lost nerve by some.

2 Likes

Again I have learned interesting things from you.

“The military had the constitutional authority and really, the constitutional duty, to step in and overturn that election by military force when it became clear that Bolsonaro’s election had been obviously stolen.” That’s something we could do with in our constitution!

And “the Brazilian Supreme Court also has its own military enforcement wing”. That needs some thinking about. At first blink, useful. But then again, if it is strong enough to take on and possibly defeat the regular military …

1 Like

Has Trump talked about getting rid of the machines?

2 Likes

Is a supreme court without enforcement authority anything more than a philosophical discussion/debate club?

3 Likes

Welcome, Rob!

Thank you for commenting. Your point is incontestable.

2 Likes

Endorsing your argument, Rob: this quotation in a PowerLine article today:

“ The Weimar Republic was weak. . . On the whole it presented the sorry spectacle of justice without a sword or justice unable to use the sword.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, Rob! Great point.

2 Likes

Wow. That comparison of Biden to Field Marshall von Hindenberg is uncanny, and probably prophetic.
As the writer notes, nothing will be done to remedy the problem. The entire rotten school system IS the problem - the students are just the logical by-product of it.
Also, to aswer your previous question, I do think Trump has spoken about fixing the voting laws and going to paper ballots, etc, if he wins.
Of course, if we’re headed to the same fate as the Weimar Republic, he won’t.

1 Like

“Has Trump talked about getting rid of the machines?”
Yes, he always mentions voter ID and paper ballots on election day (not election month, etc.), hand counted, and very hard to vote any other way (absentee, early voting, etc.). He brings this up at every rally and other venues. He of course knows how the election was stolen from him.

2 Likes

I suspect that if the Supreme Court came down with a decision that really went against the O’Biden regime, they’d simply ignore the justices.

2 Likes

Thanks. I only watch small sections of his rally speeches. He always makes me laugh. With him, not at him.

1 Like

Sure they would!

1 Like

Thanks for the comments.

I hadn’t really considered this particular line of thought, calling a supreme court without an enforcement authority a philosophical discussion/debate club, until I read Zerothruster’s and Jillian’s replies about the Brazilian Supreme Court having its own military enforcement wing. I have, however, been wondering how the U. S. Supreme court gets government entities to obey its rulings.

I think it is only tradition that gives the U. S. Supreme Court the appearance of exercising power.

I think that U. S. government entities try to finagle their way around the majority rulings of the Supreme Court that they don’t like, that is, if the Court says that they can’t go by route A, they’ll take a detour and try route B, then C, and so on.

2 Likes

I have had the same thoughts as you about the Supreme Court and its rulings.

Illustration: the universities will find a way round the Court’s decision against affirmative action. In fact, some have already done so, I hear.

3 Likes

Clarification on the Brazilian situation in November of 2022, the Bolsonaro vs. convicted felon and client of CCP Lula da Silva presidential election - This came up a year ago and Bannon’s War Room followed the situation closely. Matthew Tyrmand was the correspondent with the best information on what had been going on. He pointed out that the Brazilian military, tasked with the constitutional role of preserving law and order in times of turmoil, has the authority and duty to audit elections when there is concern of election fraud. I re-located a link to the broadcast where Tyrmand goes into some of the detail. In this case, it seems that the military, despite the weeks of massive protests in the streets by supporters of Bolsonaro, never got around to making the audit.

The Supreme Court has a unit or units of the Brazilian federal police force as its security and enforcement arm.

Brazilian Military Stands with Bolsonaro – Prepared to Invoke Article 142 to Save the Nation (Video) (extremelyamerican.com)

The brief article is by Jim Hoft of the Gateway Pundit.
The link to the broadcast included in the article above is here…

Matthew Tyrmand: The Brazilian Military Stands With Bolsonaro And Is Prepared To Invoke Article 142 - Rumble

2 Likes

Can’t watch, can’t listen. But please tell me - what went wrong? If the military had the duty to intervene, why didn’t it?

2 Likes

From what Tyrmand said, it seems like the military hesitated because the courts and so-called election officials were stonewalling, slow-walking the process and erasing voter machine information, etc. Sound familiar? It’s not as if the generals would not have had support from a large majority of the general populace, where the down-ballot contests went pretty convincingly in favor of Bolsonaro’s preferred candidates and party. Again, sound familiar? Echos of 2020, where Trump had obvious coat tails but supposedly no coat. I would encourage you to give a listen to the War Room broadcast. Bannon’s religious bias is disgusting, and he has the soul of a peasant, but I have found that the content of his broadcasts, ignoring the religious bullshit, is not inconsistent with the positions defended by the likes of VDH, Darren Beattie, Raheem Kassam (an atheist, admirer of Christopher Hitchens, and former wing man for Bannon on War Room), Heather Mac Donald, and other basically secular conservatives. Bannon, except for his religious garbage and noise, is a rather talented advocate for the America First and MAGA movement. I’m not making apologies for him here, just respectively giving you my perspective.

2 Likes