Remdesivir And Acute Kidney Failure Study

I am very conscious of the fact that I know very little about medicine, but since we are being misled on such a huge scale, and the very well-funded mainstream media is obviously completely corrupt and consequently biased, so then it falls to us alternative media types to do what we can to investigate. Anyone with medical knowledge please obviously correct me if I am mis-reading this information.

I understand that renal failure is just an alternative term for kidney failure. This December 2020 paper from the American Society For Clinical Therapeutics And Pharmacology does seem to suggest that they found some increased number of cases of acute renal failure with the drug Remdesivir:

Remdesivir and Acute Renal Failure: A Potential Safety Signal From Disproportionality Analysis of the WHO Safety Database

Remdesivir is approved for emergency use by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and authorized conditionally by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Its benefit-risk ratio is still being explored because data in the field are rather scant.

That last sentence rings alarm bells for me from the start. Further down it says:

The combination of the terms “acute renal failure” and “remdesivir” yielded a statistically significant disproportionality signal with 138 observed cases instead of the 9 expected.

An article from Forbes (January 2021):

The Strange Story Of Remdesivir, A Covid Drug That Doesn’t Work

Quote:

What’s weird about remdesivir is that it hasn’t been held to the same standards as other drug candidates.

The Forbes article also mentions the very high cost of the drug, and includes a concern about the safety of the drug (at least in the dosage that is being used):

One of remdesivir’s flaws is its (possibly toxic) high dosage over a short timeframe, which contributes to adverse side effects.

3 Likes

Thanks for this, Chauncey. Please tell us more if/when you find out more.

2 Likes

Fauci’s role in Remdesivir being favoured over alternative treatments:

Follow the money: Big Pharma, Dr. Fauci and the death of hydroxychloroquine

Quote (I don’t know if any of this is true):

On April 16 something funny happened with the trial — the endpoints of it were quietly changed and updated on the clinicaltrials.gov website. Instead of evaluating remdesivir’s ability to prevent death from COVID-19, the study was redesigned to evaluate how fast a patient recovered from remdesivir.

Also mentions the Lancet study which I have heard mentioned frequently:

fraudulent paper published by Lancet put the nail in HCQ’s coffin

3 Likes

If we could bring Fauci down the whole house of cards might start to collapse, he seems heavily implicated see my additional comment.

4 Likes

Not only are the studies and trials on remdisvr flawed, all of them are! You can’t trust any of them, they could just be lying to get a rival drug out of competition. Because it seems to be all about the money. And Fauci is suspect number one.
Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin are probably better than any of them, not least because they are already well established as safe, effective, and cheap. But there’s no money to be made on that!!

3 Likes

Also, you asked for names of doctors on another post - I’ve lost track, there are so many, but offhand I can mention Simone Gold, who is part of a whole group of doctors who blew the whistle.

2 Likes

Follow the money. I had heard of Fauci’s link to Remdesivir around a year ago. I think on Rush’s radio show.

My mother took hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) for many years. It is commonly prescribed by Rheumatologists. My daughter has taken it for at least a year, now. No side effects noticed in either.

Here is a Jan. 2021 paper from PMC on a study with links to other studies on Hydroxychloroquine:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7808930/

2 Likes

Dr Gold is a lawyer with a medical degree if I remember correctly, but she has said she is receiving testimony from a lot of sources including doctors on vaccine side effects, I believe she is telling the truth but she says she can’t independently verify these so it’s just kind of anecdotal evidence so far really. I think that’s all related to the vaccines though not Remdesivir. I’m looking at some more stuff related to the vaccines at the mo. and there’s what looks like a reliable medical source on that. I’ll put something in a separate post for vaccines if it looks useful.

3 Likes

That would be great - thanks!

1 Like