Registering Conservative Voters - I

About a third of Americans don’t vote, or are not even registered to vote. We have about 80 days to try to register some of them.

If you have half an hour or so to spend on this, here is something you can do – especially if you’re a hunter. (Which I suspect no one here is, but never mind. I certainly am not.)

Post this link on any other forum or commenting-space you can: It’s aimed at hunters, of whom there are 38 million with hunting licenses in the US. Probably the great majority are conservative, but one hunting group estimates that only half of them vote.

And/or MESSAGE me, and I’ll give you one or more weblinks of hunting forums. It will take you about five minutes to register on a forum. Wait a day or two, and then post the text below. There are dozens of such forums, and in some cases, they have a sub-forum for every state.

This is something we can do now! “Be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers only.” If you know other conservatives who are not on this forum, pass this on to them.

From the website https://huntthevote.org/

Our hunting lifestyle is under attack. A well organized, well-funded, anti-hunting cabal is pushing for outright bans on hunting. From Virginia to Wisconsin to Colorado and Arizona, these anti-hunting forces are uniting to kick us out of the woods and trample on our values of God, family, and country. We must fight back in force and one of the best ways to do that is with your vote!

Pledge your vote today so we can begin to build the grassroots army to fight back. Then, encourage three of your hunting buddies to do the same.

Together, American hunters can fight to defend our way of life and preserve our sacred hunting traditions.
50% of Hunters do not vote

Here you can learn how to:

Register to Vote: Learn how to register to vote and find the deadlines for voter registration in your state.

Change Your Voter Registration: If you’ve moved, changed your name, or want to update your political party affiliation, you need to update your voter registration.

Confirm You Are Registered to Vote: Check your voter registration status to confirm that you’re able to vote in the next election.

Get a Voter Registration Card: Learn how to get a voter registration card and what you can do if you need a replacement.

2 Likes

You presume hunters will vote Republican. You could be wrong. Maybe you’re encouraging a whole lot of badly informed Democrats to go and vote who otherwise would not.

2 Likes

Yes, I could be wrong. I think most hunters are conservative (as opposed to Republican), i.e. that even hunters who routinely voted Democrat – say, trade union members – are ‘socially conservative’. And ‘conservative Democrats’ are a demographic we must reach.

We have some data on hunters which suggests they’re worth reaching out to, but nothing conclusive.

An animal rights activist group thinks that the hunting issue is a win for Republicans. Read down through this article from six years ago and you’ll see some interesting facts:

Of course, gun ownership is heavily skewed towards our side and I’ll bet hunting rifles and shotguns are a major part of that::

And here’s an article on a hunting site which would imply that this is a group we would have a lot of success appealing to:
https://www.americanhunter.org/content/the-biden-administration-s-backdoor-attack-on-hunters/

Finally, just for fun – not related to my proposal – here are some interesting stats about who hunts. (Quick quiz: what percentage of hunters do you think are women? 5%? 10%? More?)

But the key is this: the Democrats are anti-gun, and many of their activists are anti-hunting. And apparently a large number of hunters, in the past, didn’t vote. Now that sounds like fertile territory to me.

I would have thought that somewhere, some conservative group is mining this vein, but I haven’t found evidence of it if there is.

So … here’s a way to answer “What did you do in the War, daddy?”

1 Like

Just for the record, we are hunters, our children are hunters, our daughter is the best shot among us. Well…I don’t hunt, but I help handle the butchering, packaging for freezing, but I do carry a Glock 17, 9mm when out and about by myself on the farm. Virgil is a lifetime NRA member and a licensed firearm collector, who knows a lot about fixing firearms and reloading.

Most hunters around here are conservatives, and if not NRA members, they are supporters of the 2nd Amendment, and are touchy about the gun control bunch.

3 Likes

Excellent. Sounds like my family in South Texas.

What we have to remember is that most people are not political obsessives. Their main concerns are, quite rightly, centered around their own lives: their family, their jobs, their hobbies.

It’s the Left who are oriented towards getting state power. We are only pushed reluctantly into this arena, to oppose them.

So … we need to find ways to make contact with ordinary people, the ‘commonsense conservatives’ who have never read Ayn Rand or Edmund Burke, or even the Constitution except perhaps as part of a high school assignment. A significant number of these people do not vote. We have to convince them that it’s vital that they do.

The hunting community is one group we should focus on, and anyone who has some knowledge of it, who can sign up to a hunting forum and post credibly on it, should do so.

2 Likes

And, yet you write: “Which I suspect no one here is, but never mind. I certainly am not.”

And, you want to influence people for whom you seem to have some disdain? Interesting.

I perused a few hunting forums and there is not a whiff of political talk. Now, there are 2nd Amendment forums, but you won’t have to persuade these people.

If 50% of hunters vote, that is pretty good. From the census.gov site: “The 2020 presidential election had the highest voter turnout of the 21st century, with *66.8% of citizens 18 years and older voting…”

In my opinion, rather than concentrate on what could be called fear factors of the Left’s agenda, it would be better to work on persuading all voters to vote against the economic disaster that is the agenda of the Left. Whether they be Democrat, Republican, Independent or Libertarian, inflation and recession and this new “economy killer” bill is going to make their lives worse. Let them remember the good times under Donald Trump’s policies.

Who knows, though? Go to a forum, register, start a thread about registering to vote and voting for Trump or whomever becomes the Republican nominee…and see how it goes.

3 Likes

Hmmm… I started looking at some hunting forums, and saw plenty of opportunities to intervene with a ‘Register to Vote’ message. it’s just that I’m doing other things, and also am not a hunter so it would be a bit fake for me to post on those forums, but then so would it be for any other non-hunter. Not that I’m against doing that … but now, if you or others here can authentically post on a hunting forum, having genuine hunting connections, why not do it?

Sure, we can attack Biden’s economic program. But I want to appeal to whatever interests people directly. That ‘Hunt the Vote’ post is perfect for hunters: the Democrats want to ban hunting!!! (Okay, that’s the logic of their poltiical motion).

Here are some forums. You have to look for the ‘General’ sub-forum or its equivalent. Don’t post in the ‘Whitetail Deer’ or ‘Bolt-action Rifle’ subforums!

Here’s a good forum, and I’ve linked to a ‘political’ discussion on it which is interesting:

And try these:
https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/

https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/ general political
Politics Of Hunting & Guns (NOT General Politics) | Long Range Hunting Forum

1 Like

You do your thing, Doug. This is not my thing.

Taking part in a forum is time intensive for me. I do not want to “intervene” on an established forum with a superior attitude asking if everybody is registered to vote and will they vote to protect their right to bear arms, that is, for the Republican candidate for president. I think they most likely are aware of the threat from the Left, and they either vote… or do not. I am certainly not going to “intervene” within a Texan gun forum.

Would we be insulted if some new user did that on TAC Forum? We might not be rude, but we would wonder if the newbie thought we were worthless citizens, and soon simply ignore him or her. Texans might not be so polite.

Established forums users can be “upset” when they feel they have been insulted.

I would rather keep my political action in the real world and local. Good luck, though.

3 Likes

Okay, to each his own!

As for intervening in a forum, you may be right. To parachute in, and make your first post a ‘register to vote’ one, might be counterproductive.

If we had more time, and if there were others who were willing to do this sort of thing, I would recommend registering, and posting, over a few weeks, some neutral things, and then putting the Register to Vote post.

There are other places where a previous presence is not relevant, such as the comment sections on various news sites, and video-posting sites like YouTube.

If there is anyone with some time on their hands – just fifteen mintues a day would be more than enough! – then I’ll suggest something they can do on YouTube and similar sites.

The thing is, we need to rally every vote. Trump’s massive ego has caused him to endorse ‘the vote was stolen!’ people in Republican primaries, who are also a bit crazy, and who may well lose us our victory in November. (Trump is the only thing that matters to Trump. Everything else is secondary.) The Democrats are delighted, of course. So we’ve got to go all-out.

You could not be more wrong about Trump! He gave up a lot of his wealth and sources of wealth when he became president, and did not even take his president’s stipend - he gave it away. He cares sincerely and deeply for America. Also for his family. He is a compassionate man, absolutely free of racist or sexist bigotry. He is NOT an egotist, let alone a narcissist. If you really think “the only thing that matters to Trump” is Trump, you do not belong here with us, Doug!

3 Likes

The “vote was stolen” people are only crazy if you look at them through the lens of leftist and anti-Trump propaganda. The same thing goes for viewing Trump as a massive egotist.
That’s the Democrat narrative, and you’ve apparently swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.

2 Likes

I cannot agree with you about Trump, nor about his supporters. I reason that there was a great deal of fraud in the 2020 election. Call me a “bit crazy” but I think the election was stolen, which is no different than Gore’s supporters thought and Clinton’s supporters thought, but they were Democrats …and anything they think or do is okay, forgiven and forgotten. Nothing to see there, as the Corporate Media will tell us ad nauseam.

Trump is not my choice by default. Not since he proved himself to me through his policies. Trump is my choice because he is the only person, who can do the job required at this time in history. He has to pave the way for someone, such as, DeSantis to come after him and end the poison of Leftist agenda, ignorance and arrogance and insanity.

2 Likes

Doug, I am sorry for that snarky and insinuating paragraph. I have deleted it. It was uncalled for and is what happens when I am in a rush, which is why posting on forums tends to be time intensive. Again…I apologize.

1 Like

What paragraph did you delete? No, I don’t expect you to repeat it. I’m just sorry I missed it. It must have been interesting.

Was it the one where you point out that people on particular forums probably do not like new arrivals coming in and telling them what they should do?

I liked that!

3 Likes

No, it was a post that insinuated that one who believes all the stuff coming from the Leftist Democrats about Conservative Republicans may not be a conservative…something to that effect, but a bit more snarky.

You didn’t miss anything of value.

2 Likes

Jeanne – No problem! I flatter myself that I am a professional revolutionary … or perhaps professional counter-revolutionary. I’ve got a thick skin, and my main aim in life is to try to do whatever I can to get patriots organized to fight the Left.

For some reason, a lot of patriots get annoyed with me. I can’t imagine why. But that’s just life. It will not keep me from trying to get us organized in various ways against the Enemy.

Another point: we live in strange times, unsettling times. Those of us who are old enough to remember what America once was are probably especially affected by each new proof that our country is being destroyed from within. That doesn’t always make for a serene, friendly disposition. So if a fellow patriot gets angry at me … I blame the Left!

3 Likes

I am not angry with you, Doug.

2 Likes

Okay, wonderful! But maybe this will change that: if anyone reading this has any connections with religious groups, or if you are on social media, why not post this link: https://www.ourchurchvotes.org/

There are lots of conservative Christians, but a shockingly high percentage of them don’t vote. Maybe they think that Jesus will save them. We ought to encourage them to get registered and to vote. Tell them Satan doesn’t want them to.

1 Like