Put Not Your Trust In Republicans

Quote:
Republicans will usher in, approve and vote for a defense bill that undermines national security.
And most Americans will never even be aware of it. That’s why we’re directing attention to the betrayal of the Coast Guard’s mission and the undermining of the military meritocracy.
The Coast Guard is under attack from the familiar woke infrastructure of diversity, equity and inclusion which seeks to impose racial and gender quotas, and puts identity politics ahead of readiness and national security. There is no room for political commissars in the military or for the continued politicization in the name of diversity that the Coast Guard Authorization Act of 2022 embodies. The Act is packed with multiple diversity sections focusing on “improving representation of women, and racial and ethnic minorities” that are wholly unnecessary and alien to the Coast Guard’s core mission. Pushing diversity metrics inevitably leads to quotas and the elevation of people who are not the best candidates for the job. And in the military that means virtue signaling gets people killed.

2 Likes

Of course EVERYTHING now is full of this crap.
We’re drowning in it.

2 Likes

I think that is why they wanted to delay any budget package until after the new Congress is sworn in. Is that not happening?

1 Like

Nope. The Dems are helped by RINOs.

2 Likes

Yes, I know. Which is why some want to seek a delay, hoping to get a winning count in the vote.

2 Likes

The fy22 budget legislation passed the Senate by a vote of 68-31 following its passage Wednesday in the House of Representatives.

2 Likes

Was it a CR or an Omnibus Budget? I thought it was a CR for a week or two.

1 Like

It is an Omnibus Budget.

2 Likes

Crud…!! Yes that will be my only comment, Moderator. Thank you.

2 Likes

Now it seems it has NOT yet been passed by the Senate (so my apologies, Jeanne!):

2 Likes

Hey…there is that hope thingie.

2 Likes

Jeanne - I think I’ve solved the problem of the moderator’s interference when you want to post a number of replies.

It should not happen to you again.

If it does, please let me know.

I’m posting this message to you because our email address is temporarily out of use. To be fixed within a week - or so the plan goes.

2 Likes

More on the theme:

2 Likes

More on the same insane Omnibus Bill:

Quote:
The behemoth bill requires $410 million to “remain available” to reimburse Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Tunisia and Oman for “enhanced border security". At least $150 million of that must go to Jordan, according to the bill.
Lebanon, these days, is an Islamic terror state controlled by Iran’s Hezbollah. And yet, for some incomprehensible reason, we keep funding their security arrangements.
Jordan is only so much better. It’s due to fall to the Muslim Brotherhood at some point.
I’m not sure why we’re funding border security in Egypt, Tunisia or Oman for that matter. Oman is a reasonably wealthy oil state with a GDP of over $300 billion for a population of 5 million.
Do we really need to be covering their border security?
What about our border security which the Biden administration is fighting to dismantle by suing to get rid of Title 42?

1 Like

Oh gosh, thanks, Jillian. Just don’t let this forum’s moderator ever become an AI or we will all be screwed. Makes one think, does it not? If a simple moderator on a fairly simple forum format gets a Gawd Complex, what could an actually AI do?

2 Likes

I have heard some of the “stuff” that is in this monster bill. Why would any Republican vote in favor of this insult to America and the citizens, who foot the bill during a time when their own bills might not get paid? Shame on every single Congressional member, who votes in favor of this monstrosity.

2 Likes

Right, Jeanne! Endorsing your view of it:

Quote:
Keep in mind that the copy of Thomas Pynchon’s Gravity’s Rainbow that’s been sitting unread on your library shelf for the last decade is a little over a thousand pages. The Pelosi-Schumer-McConnell bill is over 4,000 pages long and written in language so opaque it makes Pynchon’s prose read like “Goodnight Moon”. Congress is expected to hop-to and get this thing passed before Dec. 23 when funding for the federal government runs out. Rand Paul, ever a grinch to the establishment, wheeled the “toxic” plan out in front of reporters just so they got an idea of what 4,000 pages of hastily assembled congressional profligacy looks like.
“I brought with me the omni, 4,155 pages. When was it produced? In the dead of the night — 1:30 in the morning when it was released,” Paul said. Whose job is it to produce this? The people in charge of spending. The people in charge of both of the parties. When did they know that this would be necessary? Well, it is in the law. Sept. 30. You’ve got nine months, almost ten months to produce a plan. They weren’t ready on Sept. 30, so they voted themselves 90 more days. They weren’t ready last week either, so they voted themselves another week. And now we have it at 1:30 in the morning this morning. “Well, the real question is this: What is more dangerous to the country — $1.1 trillion in new debt or, as Republican leadership likes to say, ‘Oh, it is a win! It is a big win. We’re getting $45 billion for the military’?” Paul asked. “So which is more important? Which threatens the country more? Are we at risk from being invaded by a foreign power if we don’t put $45 billion into the military? Are we more at risk by adding to a $31 trillion debt? The American people don’t want this. They’re sick and tired of it. They’re paying for it through the nose with inflation. Adding a trillion dollars to the deficit will simply fuel the fires that are consuming our wages and consuming our retirement plans. It is a terrible system. Someone needs to stand up. We’re standing up, and we’re going to say no.”
In case you were wondering what that $1.7 trillion buys you, GOP Rep. Dan Bishop of North Carolina had his staff comb through it and find some of the more questionable measures.
Paul is right — the real threat is wild overspending at a time of record high inflation. There’s no reason to vote on this in a hurry just because the establishment figures on both sides couldn’t get their respective jobs done earlier. This absurdity of a bill needs to be voted down.

Comment:
But it probably won’t be.
“Whether or not this makes a difference remains to be seen; reports indicate it seems likely to get the GOP support it needs, and McConnell is unlikely to back down.”

2 Likes

Give, give, give money and cheers and priority and honors ! Reward sexual abnormality! Well done, lesbians, for being lesbian! Etcetera.

“The 4,155-page, $1.7 trillion omnibus spending bill unveiled by Democrats in the middle of the night on Tuesday includes more than $11 million for LGBT-themed projects.”

1 Like

Yes, a disgusting, appalling, insulting monstrosity.

2 Likes

“Republicans are set to approve a massive spending bill which includes billions of dollars in funding for the FBI despite recently leaked information which found the federal agency colluded with Twitter to censor users. The bill designated $11.33 billion for the FBI “to investigate extremist violence and domestic terrorism,” according to a summary of the bill by the House Appropriations Committee. The total is reportedly $569.6 million more than the enacted levels for the 2022 fiscal year and $524 million more than the president requested."

2 Likes