Now Will the Republican Party Become a Real Opposition?

Does the removal of McCarthy from the Speaker’s chair initiate a transformation of the Republican Party into an effective opposition to the ever more tyrannical Left?

Quote:
For decades now the far Left has set political policy in the United States.
McCarthy apparently agreed in January not to join the Democrats in continued out-of-control government spending, and to stand aggressively against the Democrats’ weaponization and politicization of the justice system. Instead, he gave us more of the same: Government of the Washington establishment, by the Washington establishment, and for the Washington establishment.
He pushed four frivolous, big government spending bills through the House, and said a continuing resolution would be needed to avoid a shutdown.
For the first time ever, the American people struck back against the ruling oligarchy, and made it clear that they would no longer stand for the politics-as-usual that has brought the nation to this period of deep crisis.
Matt Gaetz responded: “A vote for a continuing resolution is a vote to continue the Green New Deal, a vote to continue inflationary spending, and the most troubling of fashions, a vote for a continuing resolution is a vote to continue the election interference of Jack Smith. We told you how to use the power of the purse: individual, single-subject spending bills that would allow us to have specific review, programmatic analysis and that would allow us to zero out the salaries of the bureaucrats who have broken bad, targeted President Trump or cut sweetheart deals for Hunter Biden.
"Speaker McCarthy made an agreement with House conservatives in January. And, since then, he has been in brazen, repeated material breach of that agreement.”
And so now he is no longer speaker of the House.
McCarthy’s ouster is a signal to whichever Republican may follow him as speaker: patriotic Americans are fed up. The time for conciliation, compromise, and appeasement are over.
It’s time for some genuine opposition to the sinister agenda of these corruptocrats. Matt Gaetz has made a mighty effort to restore the voice of the American people in their own government. For that, every American owes him a debt of gratitude.

We’ll wait to see if “the time for conciliation, compromise, and appeasement are over”.

2 Likes

I’m not getting my hopes up.

3 Likes

Yes, he held McCarthy accountable to the agreement that allowed him to get re-elected as Speaker. But even then, he was a known Rino, a sell-out to the highest bidder. Glad he’s out, but who knows what we’ll end up with.
Meanwhile, Mayorkas is finally admitting we need a border wall, and they’re going back to building it.
Too bad they’ve already sold off (how much already?) the material for it we had from Trump.
The only reasons I can fathom for that reversal of policy is that it’s purely performative, to appease Democrats in New York, or - they figure they’ve got enough illegals in already for the societal, economic collapse of the country to be inevitable, and when the collapse happens, they can point to this and say, “not our fault!”

3 Likes

Of the two declared candidates to replace Kevin McCarthy, Jim Jordan and Steve Scalise, I have much more confidence in Jordan. Scalise is actually the representative from my district in southeastern Louisiana, but he has been a suck-up to rino Paul Ryan and then again to McCarthy. It was tragic what happened to him in that baseball diamond shooting on Flag Day in 2017 (also Trump’s birthday), and now he is being treated for Multiple Myeloma, a cancer of the bone marrow. He was diagnosed early, so his case is treatable with fair prognosis, but if he has to undergo a bone marrow transplant, it could take him out of commission for a number of weeks. President Trump could be a long shot for short term speakership until a final agreement could be decided. That would make the democrats apoplectic - a very good thing.

2 Likes