Miami Police gun buyback violates state, federal and international law

I borrowed this link from my friend Doris Wise’ personal social media account. She’s the founder of Jew Shoot Back.

BREAKING: Miami Police gun buyback violates state, federal and international law (armedamericannews.org)

5 Likes

Strange story, Billy. Police in Florida deciding to do this doesn’t fit with state policy. Plus the plan to send the firearms abroad is illegal.

Please let us know further developments if you can.

4 Likes

They need to get Governor DeSantis in on this.

3 Likes

I can only imagine what sort of firearms they are going to be buying. If someone is selling them for easy cash for a fix, I hope they are selling ones that don’t work. If they actually have a firearm to sell, they need to ask for a lot more than what Miami is offering. If they want to help Ukraine, they should just send a contribution to a credited charity that is established in Ukraine already…or sell the firearms they no longer want to someone willing to pay what they are worth, then send that money to the charity.

5 Likes

I imagine one of two possibilities, neither of which result in firearms actually being shipped overseas to Ukraine.

1. Miami Police don’t know the law, and never thought to look into the legality of what they were doing; after the “buy-back” (a misnomer, since they never owned the firearms in the first place), they will realize their mistake and the firearms will be disposed of in accordance with Florida law.

2. The Miami Police knew full well that they could not send the guns to Ukraine, and had no intention of actually doing so. The “Guns for Ukraine” advertisement was purposeful misdirection, to encourage the ignorant to turn in their guns. The firearms will be disposed of in accordance with Florida law.

In either case, no mention will be made by Miami Police that the firearms collected were not actually sent to Ukraine, unless an admission is forced by press exposure.

3 Likes