Manmade Climate Cooling

Quote:
European Union members, and even the U.K., are imposing energy rationing schemes in an attempt to keep people from freezing to death this winter.
n Germany, they’re no longer heating public pools, traffic lights are being shut off, and they’re turning off city fountains. Hungary instructed schools to look into wood-burning to keep warm. The Netherlands is urging citizens to shower less, and Spain is literally regulating people’s thermostats.
The U.K. is not only bracing for potential blackouts, but also for eye-popping electricity rates. Power bills are set to hit $5,000 a year, which, one group warned, will drive one-third of households into “fuel poverty”.
The fact is, Europe spent decades replacing fossil fuels with intermittent, unreliable renewable energy, largely from wind and solar. For years, Europe’s political elites ignored, dismissed, and even mocked those who sounded the alarm on their “green” indulgences.
The pitfalls of this misguided policy were obvious—wind and solar power need tremendous amounts of backup fuel sources given their intermittent nature. Hence why Europe, Germany in particular, became addicted to cheap Russian gas. The more renewables they dumped onto the grid, the more reliant they became on Russian President Vladimir Putin’s energy.
Germany sank hundreds of billions of dollars into this green fantasy while closing baseload coal plants and eschewing the potentially bountiful natural gas reserves right under their feet. Merkel even began the patently insane policy of closing nuclear power plants. The current government is only now reconsidering that disastrous course.
The result of this green transition? Germany’s economy is teetering on the brink of ruin, and officials are concerned about social upheaval and widespread unrest.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/08/12/europe-is-descending-into-climate-lockdowns-will-america-blindly-follow-suit/?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell

4 Likes

“Patently insane” is right. Call me a crazy conspiracy theorist, but I refuse to believe this was all just “misguided”. THAT many world “leaders” can’t be THAT stupid for THAT long. Decades!
And now they’re rationing fuel, as if that’s the only way to avoid catastrophe, when they know damn well that the solution is simply to do the obvious - return to fossil fuels. But they’re not going to give up on the plan now - they’ve almost achieved their goal of world collapse and domination!

4 Likes

I don’t think “returning to fossil fuels” is that simple, Liz. It is not a simple thing for Americans to start back up drilling and refining or mining coal. It will take years, IF the ESG crap can be flushed away…and that is no guarantee until the Left is decimated.

No major banks (56 at last count) will lend money to drilling or refining companies, nor to coal mining companies. The Biden Administration will not return drill leases or allow government property to be used. I suspect much of the unused machinery has been sold. Investors, including banks, are not likely to invest in something that is not guaranteed to come to fruition.

Maybe the EU can act differently if they desire to. Wood is a renewable resource, so Hungary may be on the right track. They seem to want to take care of their country and its people. Good for them. But after a while the trees will disappear if not managed well. I can imagine the EU making it illegal to cut down trees to feed personal wood stoves. What a nightmare for them and coming for us if the Left wins.

3 Likes

Well of course Biden’s not going to do it.
That’s why we have to get him and all the rest of them out of there. And restore sanity to the nation.

3 Likes