Let's Talk About Propaganda

Carl explains the dangers of propaganda, and why the West is in trouble. Julian Assange said that “every war for the past 50 years have been based on media lies”.

1 Like

“Every war for the past 50 years has been based on media lies”.
At this point, I’m beginning to suspect Assange is 100% percent correct about that.

2 Likes

NO,NO,NO!

As to Carl’s rigmarole (this time): Wrong. The United States is NOT “an empire of lies”. Why does Carl repeat that, an obvious piece of propaganda coming from Russia? He himself is spreading propaganda. Russia is a dictatorship. It is Russia that does not allow dissent.

As to Julian Assange’s assertion: Wrong. No war has ever been “based on media lies”.

(There are certainly always a lot of lies being told, which Liz rightly notices.)

1 Like

I don’t think that it’s Russian propaganda to say that we end up directly/indirectly backing extremists groups to order to change countries abroad only to leave them worse off, whether it be the Muslim brotherhood, the Taliban, Al-qaeda, ISIS and now the Neo-Nazi in Ukraine and the deep state and the mainstream media lie about these groups saying that they are ‘rebels’ and ‘freedom fighters’ hence why wars are started on lies

1 Like

Obama backed the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, yes, but the MB was overthrown. And yes, Obama and Hilary left Libya worse off than they found it. And Biden has empowered the Taliban. All bad, very bad US leadership. The worst ever. But even Obama and Biden never called al-Qaeda or ISIS “freedom fighters”. Not even the lying MSM in America ever did that. And Obama and Biden are not America. When Donald Trump’ was president - he who was falsely accused of perpetual lying by the Lying Left but who handled foreign affairs with extraordinary skill - no new wars were started. What do you know of “Neo-Nazis” in Ukraine? The Russian dictatorship - a structure of lies - says they are there. Maybe they’re there, maybe they’re not. How do you check the foreign actions of “the deep state” for lies? Do you know the truth? Give me some examples of wars that were “started on lies”. No doubt you’ll bring up Iraq and the “weapons of mass destruction”, as if anyone knows the truth of that, or as if fear of such weapons was the real and only cause of that war.

There is nothing wrong with promoting US policy and interests whether openly or secretly if the policy is sound and the interests are the people’s interests. (Who is Caitlin Johnstone that you set her up as an authority?)

You believe that “the information war in Ukraine was won by Western intelligence before a shot was fired”? How? Where is the victory? That war is raging now because Russia invaded Ukraine. The statement is absurd!

Can’t you see that these articles you are linking us to are intensely and viciously anti-America? Not just against Obama, Hillary, Biden, the State Department, and the MSM, all richly deserving condemnation, but against this nation? Is America the great villain of the earth in your opinion?

1 Like

I think the fine line here is differentiating between Obama, the State Dept, the CIA, FBI, Hillary, Biden - in fact, nearly the entire US government, plus its corporate/media/academic propaganda machine - and the American people.
The government is now the Enemy of the People, even though they operate (falsely) as Representatives of the people.
So when people attack the US government and/or its foreign policy, I don’t think it means they are necessarily attacking the American people.
Our government, having been taken over by globalist fascists, is the enemy, not us.

2 Likes