Joe Rogan turns against the Gettr platform soon after joining

3 Likes

There’s a lot missing from the above article though, this is the key thing:

I might be part of the Chinese Communist Party now, I believe," he said during a Monday talk show appearance, referencing that the app is backed by Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui.

3 Likes

Well this is confusing. I don’t do social media, so I don’t know much about it. But if Twitter is so bad, he seems to be nitpicking. Also, isn’t the Chinese billionaire Guo the same guy that does the song “taking down the CCP”, a defector from China who hates communism?

3 Likes

That’s right he is supposed to be a defector, but there are other issues Rogan and others are complaining about, quote (from the Independent article):

“It’s interesting that Joe Rogan is also suspicious of Gettr," Mr Schaffer said "after learning about the Chinese funding, follower inflation, blocking of political dissidents they disagree with, leftist dog whistles in [terms of service], Democrat background of staff, AWS servers.”

Maybe Guo is a fake defector, I suppose it’s possible. When you go on these platforms you find yourself sharing personal information such as email address, telephone number (and more gets stored in cookies as well), so I think it’s wise to be cautious. Gab is looking like a better bet at this point in time, they are gaining ground.

3 Likes

So by “leftist dog whistles” and “Democrat background of staff” are they implying that the whole thing is a set-up secretly run by leftists?
I know the guy that runs it is supposedly a Trump supporter.

3 Likes

That seems to be the conclusion they’re coming to, yes. I won’t be bothering to get on gettr after hearing all this.

2 Likes

Yes, it makes me wonder, though, if this isn’t a propaganda campaign by Twitter to discredit Gettr and ruin the competition.
With all the non-stop propaganda the leftist media assaults us with, and the dirty tricks constantly being played on us by such formerly trusted entities as the FBI, it’s impossible to trust anyone anymore.

4 Likes

That’s possible as well, yes. Still gab is becoming more mainstream now so it seems to me it makes more sense for twitter refugees to concentrate on there, and gab was the first free speech twitter alternative after all. We will reach a bigger audience if we’re all on the same platform (and it’s less work as well).

3 Likes

Yes I’ve heard gab is a good platform. And it does seem like it would be better to have everyone on the same “alternative” platform.

3 Likes