Jeffrey Tucker reflects on Trump

This is an important piece. Jeffrey Tucker highlights some very disturbing truths about Trump’s handling of the Covid fiasco.

We watched the interview, and it is true that Megyn asked a few pointed questions, but she failed to followup on important issues. I was amazed to see that Trump is still proudly claiming that the vaccines saved millions of lives. He has also distorted, as this article says, his role in lockdowns, masks, etc. It is becoming clear to me that Trump lacks a philosophical core. He acts viscerally. He lacks needed self-examination, and the willingness to admit he was wrong on so many crucial issues.

1 Like

That may be true, but (barring fraud) he’s the only one that can get us across the finish line.
And he does get alot right in other areas, such as closing the borders, energy and economic policy, getting rid of the woke and weaponized in government, decoupling with China, etc.

1 Like

I agree with you that his accomplishments were astounding, but most were undone by Biden’s executive orders within minutes of his taking office. The damage done by his covid policies linger on. I can forgive his errors in the early days of covid. We were all confused and unsure of the best policies to use. Yet, despite an avalanche of evidence to the contrary, Trump still stands by his policies - unapologetically and defiantly. This is a great disappointment to me. Having said this, compared to Biden or any other Democrat, he is “Hyperion to a satyr”.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree, it’s a great disappointment.
His failure to “drain the swamp” the first chance he got was also a great disappointment, and that, along with the Covid disaster (and of course the election fraud for which Covid gave the cover) was what cost him his re-election.
I know he’s now aware of the urgency of entirely purging the swamp - if and when he gets a second chance - and surely also is aware of how covid was used against him, and would therefore not agree to more lockdowns.
IF he actually does that, I’ll be willing to give him a pass on his unwillingness to admit his mistakes on it the first time around.

1 Like

I’m willing to give him a pass now. I’m just noting my reservations. If he is not the next President, the grand American experiment is dead.

2 Likes