Is the Political Tide Turning?

Edited Quote:
There are indications that wokeism has begun to retreat across a broad front.
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) investing, one of the evils of our time, seeks to force publicly-traded companies to take left-wing policy positions. The number one force behind ESG has been BlackRock, Inc., the world’s largest asset manager with $10 trillion under management. Now, in a significant u-turn, BlackRock will vote against green activism.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/05/blackrocc-backs-off.php

3 Likes

That’s a strange abberation for them. I can’t quite believe they’re changing course on that.

3 Likes

Page not found, I found it after correcting slight typo in the link:

3 Likes

I believe it’s just because there’s too much money to be made from oil at the moment, that’s what I read somewhere anyway.

2 Likes

“…an “anti-woke” investment fund that will urge companies to focus on making money rather than championing political causes”.
You don’t say! A company making money - what a brilliant concept!! I guess it took a genius to figure that out…

3 Likes

Surprising outburst from a top banker:

“Storm over banker’s anti-climate change tirade: HSBC faces calls to sack financier over speech saying ‘who cares if Miami is underwater’ and ‘nutjobs are always warning about end of world’”

3 Likes

Yes, people now get sacked simply for displaying common sense and stating the obvious.

3 Likes

Bravo, Stuart Kirk!

3 Likes

He has been predictably rewarded for his dissent:

“HSBC Suspends Senior Executive For Daring to Question Climate Change Dogma”

3 Likes

Such a glaring example of the hypocrisy of the left, who pretended to champion the cause of “free speech” back in the 60’s to advance their totalitarian agenda.

3 Likes

Another article pointing at the immense power of BlackRock:

Fink’s firm, BlackRock, is in a position to make that reallocation happen, as one of three investment managers that effectively “owns the market”.

“Why Have the Big Banks Wet their Pants About Climate Change?”

3 Likes

How does it happen that people who attain such heights in the competitive business world so easily swallow absurd climate propaganda?

3 Likes

I don’t think they have swallowed it at all, I think it was always a tool of control - both political and financial control. The plot does appear to be coming unstuck to some extent though, as we’re seeing Fink appears to be somewhat rolling back on the ESG front.

3 Likes

It’s still utter insanity. What’s the point of getting financial control, or profiting off of, a scam that is driving the entire world into oblivion?
Captains of a sinking ship…

3 Likes

Update on the banker who spoke out story, hopefully he will now appear on podcasts and become a proper dissenter:

HSBC banker quits and declares ‘cancel culture destroys wealth and progress’

3 Likes

Yay! Better late than never - and maybe more will follow.

3 Likes