Is it starting to turn?

I have read and heard about history’s cycles and the Fourth Turning, but I have not read anything wherein they are specific to current events. This article points to the “signs” which may be indicative of our entrance into this time of turning. Obviously change is coming and dramatic change may be coming sooner to the US than what was first thought by most of us.

2 Likes

This theory of repeated patterns is dumb wishful thinking.

The alleged symptoms of a “turning” are trivial and ineffectual.

“In Second and Third World countries, the level of oppression – and the chaos and confusion that go with it – has been significantly less.” Good grief! That is laughably untrue. There are daily massacres in Nigeria, the Congo, Afghanistan …

It is a cute little article by a coddled ill-informed lady of either sex.

2 Likes

The time has come when we MUST face the facts.

The American Republic as founded on a Constitution and Bill of Rights is finished.

3 Likes

I don’t know if there’s anything to the concept of a “fourth turning”, but I do hope that the tide is turning against “wokism” and every other lie the Marxists have been shoving on us for decades.

4 Likes

I understand that, Jillian. We are in very deep manure. A Trump win will not alter the trajectory, but will only allow us to catch our breath…and maybe pull back and save what can be saved of the country to best serve the people, who live here.

If it is chosen to attempt to regain America, it will be a long, long, long and arduous slug through the manure. And, we might not have the chance to choose. And, we might not ever get there.

But the idea of a Republic founded on a Constitution and Bill of Rights will be around as long as there are those, who remember it. And…the idea of self government with individual freedoms, responsibilities and rights, including private property, will remain a goal for those that seek it. That is my sincere belief and hope.

And short of that, we must make it through whatever awaits us. There simply is no other choice, but to do so. Unless, one considers suicide a choice. Unfortunately, I am fearful that some will consider suicide better to what might be coming. I have written before that whatever comes, I must help my family get through it. I am sure that many feel that way and will act upon it sooner or later. We chose sooner.

3 Likes

They won’t let Trump gain the presidency again.

He will either be imprisoned or assassinated.

The Republicans? They may gain Congress and more governorships but they will do nothing effective. None of all the Republican governors in 2020 dared do anything to correct the “Democrats” coup by cheating. Mitch McConnell won’t even condemn the ridiculous indictment-for-no-crime that a New York snake of a DA flung at Trump.

3 Likes

“A Republic founded on a Constitution and Bill of Rights” has been painfully proved not to be sustainable - to use one of the Left’s favorite words.

3 Likes

What form of government should be tried and found “sustainable?” If human beings are seeking something that works to the betterment of themselves, would it not be better to try again with such a Republic rather than something else, which we know is not going to work as well for a future that is desirable?

Tell me something better that what America started as, even knowing the pitfalls (as the Founders knew) are possible and probable.

Perhaps no government is “sustainable.”

3 Likes

I must think some more about that.

2 Likes

I think you are right: no government is sustainable.

2 Likes

We may yet find that “no government” is the most sustainable of all, after all of our attempts to prove otherwise. I am no anarchist (I’m more of a minarchist, i.e., minimal state) but after a total collapse, under “no government” we may figure out a way to govern ourselves, mainly at the local, county level, and those innovations may percolate up to a more universal standard. If I’m right about that, then I say, let it begin sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

The only problen with that is, wouldn’t that make us fair game for conquest by our foreign enemies?

3 Likes

There is always a dilemma and humans are always on the horns of it, seemingly.

2 Likes

I think if we have a collapse here, it will either be part of, or will precipitate, a more global collapse. That may provide some level of protection against foreign enemies who will have their own problems to deal with. Our domestic enemies (and bad actors among the illegal migrants) are another matter.

2 Likes

I’m surprised Malone put this on his substack. I find it kind of disappointing.

2 Likes