Iran Is a Weak Enemy

Victor Davis Hanson writes:

For all its loud, creepy threats, Iran is incredibly weak and vulnerable.

Israel and its allies shot down almost all its recent nocturnal missile and drone barrages. Lots of other missiles reportedly blew up on liftoff in Iran or crashed in transit.

Before the Biden appeasement of Iran, the Trump administration had isolated and nearly bankrupted Tehran and its proxies. Its Revolutionary Guard terrorist planners proved to be easy targets once they operated outside Iran.

Iran’s only hope is to get a bomb and, with it, nuclear deterrence to prevent retaliation when it increases its terrorist surrogate attacks on Israel, the West, and international commerce.

Yet now Iran may have jumped the shark by attacking the Israeli homeland for the first time. It is learning that it has almost no sympathetic allies.

Does even the Lebanese Hezbollah really want to take revenge against Israel on behalf of Persian Iran, only to see its Shiite neighborhoods in Lebanon reduced to rubble?

Do all the pro-Hamas protestors on American campuses and in the streets really want to show Americans they celebrate Iranian attacks and a potential Iranian war against the United States?*

Does Iran really believe 99 percent of any future Israel barrage against Iranian targets would fail to hit targets in the fashion that its own recent launches failed?

Does Iran really believe that its sheer incompetence in attacking Israel warrants them a pardon – as if they should be excused for trying, but not succeeding, to kill thousands of Jews?

In sum, by unleashing a terrorist war in the Middle East and targeting the Israeli homeland, Iran may wake up soon and learn Israel, America, or both might retaliate for a half-century of its terrorist aggression – and mostly to the indifference or even the delight of most of the world.

*Perhaps not all, but most do, I guess - because they are idiots.

1 Like

Yes, all his questions apply only to sane, civilized people, which Iranian terrorists and their proxies are not. Their weakness is actually scary because it may make them even more likely to lash out with their only big weapon and go nuclear.
I hope the Israelis finally took out the nuclear facility they should have targeted years ago, but didn’t because Obama betrayed them by announcing their plan, and they lost the opportunity of a surprise attack.

1 Like

Seems the Israelis didn’t do that with these strikes. But I’m sure there are more to come. We’ll know quite soon, I think and hope.

1 Like