Helping the Patriots Win in November

Okay: there are a half dozen or so people who post here regularly, all of them patriots, all of them basically web-savvy.

We have two and a half months untill the election, which will be very important. If we win big, it will energize our side and demoralize the enemy. If not … the opposite will happen.

So I would like to open a discussion around this question: is there anything a basically web-savvy patriot can do to help the good guys win in November?

I propose that we focus on

(1) how to register likely patriotic voters, who are registered, to do so. This involves first finding them.

(2) What can be done on election day to get patriots to the polls?

On the first question: I don’t know a lot about American electoral demographics, the psychology of voting, etc. If anyone here does, or can point me to a book or to or some published papers, better yet some links, please do so.

I’ve looked at the first obvious starting place: [ https://www.census.gov/ ] which indeed has useful information – but I would like to find – if it exists – information on which ‘conservative’ groups don’t register at normal levels, and, more importantly, ideas about how to reach them.

On the second question, how to reach likely patriotic voters who have not registered, or who have but may not vote – I’ll postpone putting up an idea on this, to see if anyone else has anything to say.

4 Likes

I don’t really know the best way to do either of those. I’ve volunteered in the past to do phone-calling at my local party headquarters, etc.
It didn’t seem that effective at the time, but it may have some positive effect.
There are alot of other ways to get involved that may be more effective, if you watch or listen to Bannons “Warroom”, they are highlighted there.

3 Likes

Thanks, Liz. I know about Warroom, vaguely, but I’ll check it out.

Yes … I personally have done those phone cals, and it seemed like a lot of effort for little return. Plus … I’m tender-skinned, and don’t like to encounter a hostile person on the phone.

My own view is: if you’ve got to the pont of having to ring anonymous strangers, you’re really at the end of your rope.

A proper political party/organization, wouild make it a point to know everyone in its area of operations … whether they are Right, Left or in the Middle … and something about them … do they have chldren? Do they own their own small business? Are they or one of them vets? And long before any election, it would try to draw them into meetings on issues of concern to them And above all, it would try to get their Social Media ‘handles’, and approach them via those.

3 Likes

Local central committees make it a point to set up a table at local fairs and events so that they can greet passersby with a smile and small talk and candidate information, along with registration and absentee ballot information. I don’t know how much online stuff can be done to encourage people to register and vote. Or if it would be welcomed by groups that gather online for the specific purpose of discourse with like-minded folk. People are touchy about politics entering uninvited into their private groups.

So many people vote during early voting, that waiting for election day to encourage them may be too late. Again, local in-person action is more direct and I think worthwhile. Offering a ride to the polling place, for instance. There is much more ease to vote absentee ballot in many states. I prefer to vote on election day, but many want to make sure they vote and don’t miss voting because of illness or weather or being out of the area. Also, there is no performance anxiety involved with absentee ballot voting, and that is something that bothers more than you might think.

I don’t know what advice to give you about encouraging registration and voting in an online venue. It often seems to me that people make up their minds early, and that people who vote always do and those that don’t never do. I do think that the difference this time will be in Democrats and Independents that vote against the Biden administration’s performance. The ones, who have awakened to the terrible realization that something is amiss with their country in all departments…and their lives are affected in evident ways.

Yet, some people, over and over again, just don’t care even if they know, because they assume their life will continue much the same…and they figure that their vote won’t make a difference and their time to vote isn’t worth leaving the television/computer or sports bar.

Best of luck finding what you are seeking. Blessings upon you for caring.

5 Likes

I’m a UK citizen living in the UK, but I’m taking an interest because I think this election in the US will be a critical one. A question that has been nagging me quite a bit is - are these Dominion voting machines a big problem, I am inclined to suspect so? Also postal voting obviously is a big problem with the precedents set with “COVID” and a large possibility that another similar “crisis” will be invented as the cold weather approaches.

5 Likes

Whoa! Thank you for a very thoughtful response.

Yes, parachuting in to an online forum with a ‘Vote!’ message – or any other political message that is not in keeping with what the people there are discussing – would probably be counter-productive.

And – since I live in the UK where almost everyone [about 80% – details here: https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7419/https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7419/] votes in person, and where postal ballot users have serious ID requirements – I had not reailzed the importance of ‘early’/mail-in voting. I actually have been reading the statistics about it in the Census Bureau’s reports, but it hadn’t sunk in.

I think about a third of eligible Americans don’t vote. We can hope that those are people who would vote for free stuff, but I suspect there is a significant number of ‘commensense conservative’ and traditional patriots among them. These are people we should try to reach.

Here’s the official stats. The number of ‘non-traditional’ voters immediately raises my suspicions, because this is the easiest way to cheat. And it doesn’t have to be done via a centralized conspiracy. Just a very partisan person opening envelopes, and, when no one is looking, stuffing he ones he/she doesn’t like into a purse, or down a pants leg.

The data, according to the Census Bureau:

. Voter turnout was highest among those ages 65 to 74 at 76.0%, while the percentage was lowest among those ages 18 to 24 at 51.4%. Overall, voter turnout increased as age increased, with the exception of 75-plus which had a turnout rate that was below 65-74 year-olds and not significantly different than the turnout for 55 to 64 year-olds. High school graduate turnout was 55.5%, while turnout for those with a bachelor’s degree was 77.9%. Overall, voter turnout increased as income increased, with the exception of those in the income ranges $10,000-$14,999 and $15,000-$19,999, which had turnouts that were not significantly different. For people whose income was $100,000-$149,999, turnout was 81.0%, while for people whose income was $30,000-$39,999, turnout was 63.6%.

Despite COVID-19 concerns, 155 million people turned out for the 2020 presidential election. However, 4% (552,500) of registered nonvoters reported not voting due to their concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic.

In the 2020 election, 69% of voters nationwide cast their ballot nontraditionally — by mail and/or before Election Day. This is the highest rate of nontraditional voting for a presidential election (Figure 1) since questions regarding voting method have been included in the survey.

By comparison, about 40% of voters cast their ballots by mail and/or prior to Election Day in 2016.

Much of the surge in nontraditional voting was due to an increase in mail-in voting.

In 2020, 43% of voters cast ballots by mail and another 26% voted in person before Election Day. In 2016, 21% mailed in their ballots and 19% voted in person prior to Election Day.

Note that about half of young people don’t vote. And, while Leftism – due to the Left’s control of the education system – is highly infectious among young people, I believe that’s mainly college students.

So … we have to reach young, non-college, people. I have an idea for how we might do that.

4 Likes

Yes, the machines are a big problem, because they have been found to be hackable, and were indeed hacked during the last election.
We need to go back to hand counting ballots on the day of the election. No machines, no mail-in ballots.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree. We need to adopt something like the British system. You HAVE to allow from-home and early voting though. So some system of verifying identity has to be in place, as in the UK.

But that’s unlikely to happen on a wide scale before November. So we must do everything we can to win then.

That includes getting our people to mail in their ballots, if they will not turn up, or be able to turn up, at the polling place on election day.

And we have to make sure that there are patriots watching when the ballot boxes are opened. So everyone reading this, should contact their local GOP and volunteer to take part in ballot-counting.

We’ve got less than a hundred days!

4 Likes

Each state has their own rules and guidelines. There is always some amount of fraud. There are always those that will pay people to vote a certain way and make sure that they get them to the polls. I wish voter ID was used. There is more ID needed to secure an absentee ballot in my state than there is to just show up and vote.

3 Likes

Yes. The UK has a pretty good system, although fraud still occurs – at least it did in an area heavily dominated by Muslim immigrants from Bangladesh, where fraud is probably the norm.

There is an organization which is trying to do something about this: News - TrueTheVote

3 Likes