Hamas Attacks Israel with Thousands of Rockets

Quote:
War broke out in Israel overnight after dozens of heavily armed Hamas terrorists infiltrated in the south of Israel, entering civilian communities and launching thousands of rocket attacks into the country. Things are “very very bad” with reports of bodies in the streets and dozens taken to local hospitals with life threatening conditions.

1 Like

Quote:
As I write it is the middle of the night in the U.S., but morning here in central Europe, where we are awakening to the shocking and barbaric attack Hamas has launched inside Israel from the Gaza strip. Some of the early videos and news accounts are horrific. This is no minor raid. Hamas is targeting civilians, clearly aiming as at mass casualties. According to one TV report, Hamas has taken control of some population centers. It can be compared to 9/11.
Early reaction includes some criticism that Israeli intelligence may have missed seeing this coming, especially as this attack occurs around the 50th anniversary of the Yom Kippur war when Israel came perilously close to losing. I think there is a more obvious motive for the timing. Hamas and Hezbollah want to derail the much-rumored normalization of relations between Israel and Saudi Arabia, which will marginalize Hamas and Hezbollah to some extent.
No doubt Hamas expects—and likely hopes for—a strong Israeli response against them in Gaza, and I hope Netanyahu doesn’t hesitate to get medieval on Hamas, and Hezbollah too while they are at it. It risks a wider war with Iran. So be it. (If it were up to me, the entire “civilian” leadership of the Palestinian Authority would be dead by sundown.)

2 Likes

Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu in video statement: “Citizens of Israel, we are at war. Not an operation, not an escalation — at war.” Credit: Israel Defense Ministry

1 Like

And I wonder if this also might be funded and equipped with money that Iran got from Biden?

3 Likes

For video footage of the invasion of Israel by Hamas, go here:

2 Likes

And pictures here:

1 Like

What happened to the Iron Dome???

1 Like

Good question!

And the supremely competent Mossad - how come they didn’t know this was being planned?

2 Likes

Hamas is invading Israel, funded by the Iranian mullahs recently enriched with billions by “President” Biden.

Mark Steyn comments:
On the fiftieth anniversary of the Yom Kippur War, Israelis woke up to a sustained attack on multiple southern towns near the border with the Gaza Strip (half of the so-called “Palestinian Authority”). This isn’t the usual vicious but random spasm of slaughter in which Hamas likes to engage. It appears to have been very well planned and executed, with thousands upon thousands of rockets barraging Israeli residential areas from the southern border to north of Tel Aviv. It is also an invasion: Hamas used bulldozers to demolish Israeli border barriers, enabling an unknown number of its assets to enter the country - followed by reinforcements:
As I write, over 100 150 200 Israelis are dead, and over a thousand are injured. Dozens of others have been kidnapped, and taken across the border into Gaza. Among the hostages are seventeen Nepalese citizens. Just one hospital in Beersheeba has in its emergency ward sixty civilians seriously wounded . In the southern city of Ofakim, a family has been seized in its home by terrorists armed with live grenades. In Sderot, the fire chief has been killed in a battle with Hamas. This is the biggest and most brutal Palestinian assault on the Jewish state ever, and is looking, proportionately and psychologically, like an Israeli 9/11, or Pearl Harbor.
It would seem to me improbable that Hamas could pull off anything as strategically calculated as this on their own.

2 Likes

Israel strikes back. Gaza City in flames.

1 Like

I’m sure that, as Steyn suggests, Iran was involved.
And it’s possible that traitors have infiltrated Israel’s government, who deliberately ignored or hid any intelligence that would have warned of the attack.
That, I suspect, is what happened here in the U.S. on 9/11.

2 Likes

Robert Spencer shares your suspicions about infiltrating traitors, Liz.
He too wondered about the absence of Iron Dome.

Quote:
There were widespread reports that as Hamas’ relentless rocket barrage began, Israel’s vaunted Iron Dome missile defense system was down. Reports on this so far are sketchy, but if the Islamic Republic of Iran, which as the chief financier of Hamas is clearly behind these attacks, has managed to breach Israeli security and interfere with the functioning of the Iron Dome, the ominous implications cannot be overstated. If Israel cannot manage to get the Iron Dome up and running on a secure basis, the Hamas attacks on Saturday could turn into a larger war that engulfs the entire region, as the Islamic Republic of Iran finally attempts to make good on decades of genocidal rhetoric directed at Israel.

1 Like

Yes, he’s right - the Biden regime (just like the Obama regime) has done nothing but undermine Israel, and support it’s enemies.
It was well understood at the time the Palestinians were given Gaza that it would come to this.
And now that it’s happened, Biden directed Israel NOT to retaliate! (They since deleted that.)
By funneling money to Iran, the Palestinians, and the Taliban, Biden is just as guilty of this and all other terrorist attacks as the terrorists themselves.

2 Likes

Quote:
What is notable, I think, is the jubilant reaction of the crowd. Note the boy who spits on the woman’s corpse. The idea that what is happening is a “terrorist attack” by “Hamas” is a fiction. Hamas is a political entity that rules Gaza with the support of the overwhelming majority of the Palestinians who live there. It is much like Nazi Germany–most Germans were not members of the party, but the vast majority supported Hitler until it was clear that Germany was losing the war. Same thing here, except that until now, it hasn’t been clear that Hamas was losing. Hamas appears to command the loyalty of nearly all of Gaza’s residents.
It turns out that the murdered woman in that video was not an Israeli, but rather a German citizen who attended the music event that the Palestinians attacked. She was advocating for “peace".

The video is here:

2 Likes

I was alive when the Holocaust was happening. And I knew about it, although I was thousands of miles away from Europe.

I could not, in all my long life, have believed that this sight would ever be seen.

"The Brandenburg Gate in Berlin is lit up with the Israeli flag in solidarity following the devastating Hamas attack.
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz posts a photo of the gate on X, writing: ‘In solidarity with Israel.’”

2 Likes

Heads should roll over this incomprehensible failure of military intelligence and border security. This is ghastly. There will be the usual crocodile tears for Israel, followed by the usual condemnation of Israel for its “disproportionate” response.

1 Like

Just noticed the good quote from Steyn:

“So these guys are doing all the things - targeting civilians, especially women and children - that the US and EU argue justifies the toppling of Vladimir Putin. Fortunately for them, the Palestinians enjoy a much better press. The Government of the United States reacted to the unprovoked invasion from a neighboring state by immediately urging Israel “to refrain from violence and retaliatory attacks. Terror and violence solve nothing” - which is in striking contrast to its general approach in Ukraine.”

2 Likes

I hope Israel wipes them off the map.

3 Likes

Sunday morning. At least 600 Israelis now known to have been killed by Muslim invaders. Proportionately equivalent to 20,000 Americans.

“Hamas killed at least 600 Israelis and wounded more than 2,000 on Saturday in a massive offensive launched from the Gaza Strip.”

1 Like

Quote:
In addition to creating the external circumstances for terror, the Biden administration did everything in its power to derail Israel’s democratically elected government and prevent it from being able to see an attack like today’s coming. Biden himself took to CNN to call Netanyahu’s government “the most extreme” he’s ever seen, and lost no opportunity to lecture his Israeli counterpart about democratic values. And if words weren’t enough, the administration also sent American dollars to support the anti-Netanyahu NGOs organizing the protests that brought Israel to a halt for months.
One idea floating around my inbox this afternoon is that part of Israel’s complete military collapse today was caused by a massive Iranian cyber attack that hacked its systems and prevented it from seeing what ought to have been obvious. That this could not only be true but related to the U.S. having recently given a team of Iranian agents high-level access to U.S. intelligence, which could very well have included information about Israeli systems, is not nearly as far-fetched a scenario as many would like it to be. And to the extent that we ever find out the truth about any of this, it will be because of Elon Musk, without whom we’d only have access to state-approved propaganda.
It doesn’t matter what words Biden says today. When you champion Iran; when you send it and its proxies money; when you reward Palestinian violence; when you go out of your way to portray Bibi as a dangerous fascist; when you finance and champion his opponents, contributing to further instability and unrest; when you hand over U.S. intelligence keys to Iranian agents; when you have your spokespeople declare it “disinformation” for people to connect obvious dots; when you do all of this, you know what is going to happen. You mean for it to happen.

3 Likes