Guardian claims the phrase “White Working Class” is a fiction

5 Likes

Oh, I guess because whites can’t be given credit for anything except oppressing minorities.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize that there was such a designation as “white working class” or “black working class” or “asian working class” or …

But, I like fiction, and can live in a fantasy fiction if I must.

I do surveys…well, not surveys really, but I help graduate students and research facilities where I can fit into the group that they are researching. I always thought that I was middle class or upper middle class, but recently I found out that I am lower middle class. I was surprised and my self esteem was badly damaged. You might say that I was offended and fearful that I might become a victim of all those upper classes, despite the fact that I am white.

Now, something like this comes out and I have to realize that I am, in fact, an oppressor myself, despite that I am categorized as lower middle class…and working class at that.

Maybe I am living in a fictional life… :crazy_face: And, apparently our families on both sides were too, except for the black ones. Now, I am just confused.

4 Likes

Ha! Yes, but don’t worry, pretty soon we’ll all just be divided between the ruling class and the serfs, anyway.

4 Likes

“The New Road To Serfdom”. Or civil war…

I heard that San Bernardino county has a referendum for secession from California on the ballot this November.

The Eastern Shore of Maryland has, on and off again, considered secession from the state, and has often suggested that the Delmarva Peninsula should form its own state, but who wants Delaware now. I would take the Eastern Shore of Virginia in a heartbeat, though.

4 Likes