God vs Ayn Rand: A Dialogue

Speaking of conversation about Religion, I recommend checking this video of Dennis Prager and Craig Biddle having a conversation about the title above.

2 Likes

This is a good conversation
I think Biddle wins every argument, especially in pointing out religion’s flaw in using faith as a means of knowledge, which makes it impossible to argue any issue based on facts.
Where he loses, in my opinion, is in their discussion of abortion. He thinks abortion is a “woman’s right” up till the moment of birth.
That, in light of objective, scientific facts, is very flawed reasoning, and hurts both his credibility and that of Objectivism.

2 Likes

Yazmin and Everyone - I have established contact with Craig Biddle as a result of watching this video. I agreed with what he said (except, like Liz, his opinion on abortion).

His libertarian pro-Ayn Rand website/organization, The Objective Standard, is now on our website’s Blog Roll.

I told him that though we are conservatives, not libertarians, we share his admiration for Ayn Rand.

And, of course, we have atheism in common.

2 Likes

That’s great! Most of their articles are really good. I had a subscription there for a year or two but I canceled it when they started posting negative stuff about Trump. But other than that (and their abortion views) they are good.
I can’t remember what their present view on ARI is, if they agree with David Harriman or not.

1 Like

Here’s articles of what their current position is on ARI.

1 Like

Although they aren’t Pro-Trump, unlike ARI they do find middle ground and congratulate him on the good things that he did.

2 Likes

Liz - I hadn’t picked up that they were anti-Trump. I should have asked you - members of the Forum - first.

I must re-consider my offer to Biddle of co-operation in the light of that.

Or we could endorse the views we do hold in common, and argue the points we don’t.

What do you think we should do?

2 Likes

Good question. Since I dont subscribe anymore my access to their articles is limited, but they do have alot of good ones. Maybe it’s just that Trump is no longer in office, but I haven’t seen any anti- Trump ones on a while. And apparently, as Yasmin posted, they have praised some of his accomplishments. So I guess I would still agree that a link to TOS would be a good idea.

2 Likes

Very interesting - thanks! I didn’t know all of this.
In light of what Harriman says about ARI (how left-leaning they’ve become, which Barney doesn’t mention here), I would say it’s a good thing Biddle isn’t associated with them anymore.

2 Likes

Thanks, Liz. So I’ll keep the Blog Roll entry.

2 Likes

Ah! So now they are clearly pro-Israel and (at least in this context) pro-Trump.

Thanks for these links, Yazmin!

2 Likes

Almost forgot to post this, PragerU did a book club episode of Atlas Shrugged with Eric Daniels.

2 Likes

Thanks! Look forward to watching this.

1 Like

Speaking of, can you add TheSavvyStreet.com on you blog role entry? It’s also a Pro-Ayn Rand website.

And they’ve also wrote posts like this:

2 Likes

Yes, Yazmin, I will add this site to our Blog Roll.

I haven’t come across the site before, though I have read articles by the author of the second article you link us to.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Your welcome, and btw, you typoed my name wrong.

Sorry about the typo, Yazmin! Glad you pointed it out. I’ve put it right.

1 Like