Fact Checking The Fact Checkers - You Will Own Nothing

A video from the World Economic Forum (WEF), that made 8 predictions for the year 2030, has been commented on quite a lot. Reuters posted an article attempting to dampen down the concerns people had expressed about the video, here I take a closer look at their fact-check.

3 Likes

Thank you, Chauncey, for doing the checking.

From what you have said at The Participator I conclude:

The kid’s silly prediction about being happy when you own nothing can be ignored.

But the plans of the WEF, adopted openly by the current British and American governments, is a threat of global doom. (“Build Back Better” is the slogan of both to justify their ongoing destruction.) We ignore those plans at our peril.

4 Likes

Yes I believe it is such a threat indeed.

4 Likes

Great points! Yes, the real outcome of their agenda is that WE will own nothing and they will own everything. The only people who could find the idea of owning nothing, and having no privacy, attractive, are people who must be in a regressed, infantile sort of mental state, which is what the past decades of brainwashing has produced. Like children they uncritically believe all propaganda, fear what they are told to fear - “climate change”, “systemic racism”, etc, and expect the government to take care of them, thus relieving them of the adult burdens of having to provide for themselves, think critically, or solve problems.

3 Likes

In a country, or world, where instead of free individuals there is a population of regimented serfs, there will be no innovation.

Even if all the work is done by robots, life will be very dreary.

And the time will come in such a dystopia when the landscape is choked with hills of “dead” robots, rusting in the frost and sun.

3 Likes

Thanks Liz. I think Ida Auken is one such infantilized person, but I really do wonder what you have to do to become a Young Global Leader for the World Economic Forum.

3 Likes