Dershowitz's uncompromising condemnation of Obama

3 Likes

He’s right to condemn Obama.
Dershowitz is a puzzle to me because he’s recognized as a brilliant Constitutional lawyer, yet even after defending Trump during what he recognized as unconstitutional impeachments, and being vilified by his fellow Democrats for it, he declared he would still vote for Democrats and not Trump.
Hopefully this will finally give him a clue to stop voting for Democrats.

3 Likes

Yes, I share your frustration with Dershowitz. I have no satisfactory explanation for this contradictory position.

2 Likes

To my certain knowledge, that contradictory position is true of a great many - perhaps now after 10/7 a majority? - of American Jews.

2 Likes

Perhaps after October 7, things may change, but I doubt it.

3 Likes

The film clip is an excerpt from his The DerShow of 7 November. I made a transcript of the excerpt. Though I haven’t listened to the whole 30-minute show (linked below), I’ve heard The Dersh say some other interesting things about his relationship with the 44th resident, such as that he wishes he had voted for Romney in 2012. And that he ended his relationship with Obama when Barry HO allowed the UN to call the Western Wall occupied territory. (I don’t know when that happened.)

Barak Obama compares Hamas rapes and beheadings to Israel’s non occupation of Gaza (rumble.com)

[at 17:10 in the DerShow] You can’t make those kinds of comparisons, Barack Obama. And, I have to tell you, what you did is just despicable. It’s beneath contempt. And whatever respect I had for you, I have absolutely lost. Fortunately, so have many other Americans lost respect for you. And I’m hoping that you have no influence on the current administration and future democratic administrations; and that your lack of morality ends up in the dustbin of history where it belongs. And so, I am ashamed that I was your friend. I’m ashamed that I invited you to my birthday party. I am ashamed that I accepted your invitation to the Oval Office. And I’m ashamed that I allowed you to fool me into thinking that you actually supported Israel. You do not. Nobody who has any love for Israel in their heart would ever make the kind of obscene, obnoxious comparison you made between murder, rape, kidnapping, burning of civilians; and a disputed occupation that could have ended over and over again, if the Palestinians had only accepted the deals offered by President Clinton and by others in the American administration. Not by you, you didn’t do anything to help the peace process; but Clinton did, and Trump did, and others did. But not you. All you did was condemn Israel [18:36 … 20:22] Don’t count on me and my support. You have been an enemy of justice, an enemy to Israel, an enemy to the Jewish people and an enemy to decency. And I’m embarrassed that I ever thought as highly of you as I obviously did. I was fooled by you. I’ll never be fooled again. [20:40]

[18:36 continues…] and allow Israel to be condemned at the United Nations. So, don’t count me as a friend or supporter or admirer. I was, and I got fooled. Fooled once, shame on you; fooled twice, shame on me. I’ll never ever by fooled or misled again by Barack Obama. [18:55]

2 Likes

Well, Romney is pathetic, of course, but there may be some hope for Dershowitz yet

3 Likes

Yes, he deserves alot of credit for admitting he was wrong to have trusted Obama, and to condemn him so unequivocally. I think he will escape the Democrat plantation after all!

2 Likes