Could This be the Spark that Ignites Civil War?

Quote:
Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued a defiant statement on Wednesday pushing back against President Joe Biden’s attempts to stop Texas from securing its borders against the millions of illegal aliens pouring into the state thanks to Biden’s reckless border policies.

Abbott’s statement comes after the U.S. Supreme Court sided with the Biden administration earlier this week, ruling that it could remove or cut through razor wire the state has deployed to stop illegal aliens from crossing the Rio Grande into the state.

Abbott said that Biden’s failures to secure the border “imposed by Article IV, § 4 has triggered Article I, § 10, Clause 3, which reserves to this State the right of self-defense.”

“For these reasons, I have already declared an invasion under Article I, § 10, Clause 3 to invoke Texas’s constitutional authority to defend and protect itself,” he concluded. “That authority is the supreme law of the land and supersedes any federal statutes to the contrary. The Texas National Guard, the Texas Department of Public Safety, and other Texas personnel are acting on that authority, as well as state law, to secure the Texas border.”

2 Likes

Quote:
It’s not an overstatement to say this is the worst constitutional crisis since the Civil War and that we’re in uncharted waters now. There have been times in our history when a state has defied the enforcement of federal laws, but we’ve never faced a situation where the federal government has refused to enforce its laws and even violated them. And because the border crisis involves the question of security, Abbott’s assertion of state authority cuts right to the heart of the question at hand, which is one of first principles: Does a polity have the right to defend itself, to preserve its existence in the face of invasion?
The answer is, of course, yes. The preservation of the polity must come before process arguments about whose job it is to enforce federal immigration laws. The state of Texas, in this case, has an authority that transcends that of President Biden and the Supreme Court. That’s precisely why the U.S. Constitution includes a clause explicitly recognizing a state’s right to act in self-defense when faced with invasion.

Read the whole article here:

2 Likes

What a ridiculous situation - brought on by the leftist extremist traitors running our government.
It should put to rest anyone’s doubts about that.
It exposes their agenda to purposely destroy our country by systematically destroying it’s borders.
It makes it obvious that they are not incompetent, or just too lazy to do their job and enforce the laws.
No, they are deliberately breaking those laws in order to orchestrate an invasion.
Mayorkas, I’ve read, was formerly involved in one of the leftist NGO’s that facilitate the whole thing - perfect man for the job. They’ve been pushing it for decades, and now that they’ve got their people in high places, they are making the most of it.

1 Like

2 Likes