Civil War Coming? No!

“Prophecies [of civil war] are unlikely to come true, if only because most of the American people don’t have the gumption to kill and die for much of anything.”

“Then there’s the affluence, comfort, and leisure Americans have come to regard as unalienable rights the government should provide. As the covid crisis has shown, the tolerance for risk, discomfort, and suffering have declined into utopian expectations those before us knew were impossible. Only our age could create ‘snowflakes’, adults whose feelings must be protected from the slightest, most subjective injury; and whose expectations for success and happiness disregard the necessary role our own talents, virtues, hard work, and gumption play in achieving those aims––hence the demand for ‘equity’, the equality of result rather than the true equality of opportunity.”

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be TOO sure of that. Just sayin. “Americans” encompasses a WHOLE LOTTA DIFFERENT FOLKS- And there are a lot of us who are quite well versed in hardships, trained for just such things, in fact. Thats kind of a LOT of assumptions, there, tbh. Lol.

2 Likes

I think Thornton misses the point a bit.
Yes, bitter partisanship is part of our DNA, but for the last century the biggest divide has been the one the Communist fronts have artificially created with propaganda and agitation. If it weren’t for this alien, subversive influence, our affluence would likely have simply increased our tolerance of differences.
“Snowflakes” demanding “equity” didn’t just arise out of affluence. They got that way from the brainwashing of leftists who taught them to be “triggered” victims of our “evil” capitalist system.

3 Likes

I think you are exactly Right about that. In fact, to use an old religious analogy I imagine MOST of us here are probably familiar with, the Greatest Trick the Communists Did, was to convince Americans that they didn’t really Exist- I know it was a HUGE Joke when I was growing up in the 60s-70s, because of the ‘Red Scare’ and McCarthyism all being so over the Top- We ALL thought it was a joke. I mean, WHO even knew any REAL Commies, FFS, Amirite ?!? EXCEPT- They WERE Real- I first met some in the fighting in Central America, Communism seems to take hold easily in some Latin Countries, although many have bravely fought and died fighting it, too. The Huge Cuban influence in Florida is in large part responsible for DeSantis’s success there, Contrary to many of my Caucasian Brothers surprise- I remember there was much fear and actual bigotry when Florida was being seemingly over run with these “Boat People”, but as has happened so often with immigrants who have actually FLED Evil Regimes, they have embraced American Freedom much more than many folks I know who were born here. But I digress- My point was, Communism is REAL, and we NEED to fight it tooth and nail, and Yes, with even violence, just as they do. They are NOT a “soft” threat, as many have sadly found out this past couple years. Just because the Cold War is over, does not mean Communism is over, or no longer a threat. In fact, I’d say that with its alliance with the Globalists, its MORE of a threat NOW, than it ever has been before, in America. And considering there are several rather large and powerful Communist Regimes out there, it’s no stretch to foresee a time where an actual invasion in parts of American held areas could happen. I’m no tinhat, for China and others, at least, playing the long game is far better for their purposes, but it is NOT out of the Realm of Possibility, by any means. Should an Opportunity Arise, such as China Joe pretending there is a real ‘insurrection’, and calling on them for ‘help’, I could see it happening. Too many folks poopah such things, the same as they did all these other things that have happened in recent years. NEVER EVER Underestimate what the Powerful will do to KEEP Their Power. It is NEVER just ‘given up’ peacefully. And I firmly believe we may just have to fight for our Freedom again, in the next 10-20 yrs. Or less. I hope I am wrong. Truly, I do.

3 Likes

Exactly right - they were so successful at smearing McCarthy as a nutcase that it became a joke - but he was right, and the Venona papers prove it.
Nobody believed it, but they had deeply infiltrated the government already, and the film industry, and the school system, etc. And they’ve been doing it ever since while everyone thought the threat was over. That’s why what’s happening now is really not surprising, even though people can’t believe it.
The coup has already happened - with the phony Russian Collusion investigations, rigged election, the riots, the fake Covid scare and lockdowns, the entrapment of Trump supporters on Jan. 6, and now the DOJ Domestic Terrorism task force targeting “white supremacists”, they’ve basically nudged us into Martial Law.
States like Florida with the Cubans and DeSantis are a great beacon of hope.

3 Likes

Martial Law is actually what I fear the most, TBH. Fear as in, it likely will be the Way the try to make their ‘soft coup’ HARD… they DON’T control everything, by a long sea mile,so don’t give them too much credit. But they are trying like hell, thats for sure. There are MANY MANY MANY that I know, personally,who will fight in earnest, should it come to it. and they are not online much, either, or make much noise about it. I’m only here because I got into it early on, like 93, so it’s kinda pointless to leave now, lol, plus I keep tabs this way, cos ERRYBODY loves to talk online, hahah even me. :wink: But I’m good. The day they come for me, it will already have started, they don’t have infinite resources. It’s a fine line to walk, the Govt often gets WAAAAY too much credit for Big Brother’ing, lol. Yeah, they CAN find any of us, BUT- They have SOOOO many enemies that are far higher on the food chain then folks chattin on some website, that unless we do something to get on their radar for REAL, they don’t have time or people to come after us. Kill a Cop or go on a shootin spree, Yeah, Sure, they’ll have your whole life history inside of an hour, lol. But there are so many of us now, it takes THAT level these days for them to actually bother with any of us. They have legit suicide bombers to worry about, lol, so thats a bit higher precedence.

3 Likes

Right - that’s exactly why they are so focused on domestic terrorism - not because of “white supremacists” (give me a break) but because they know that what they’ve done with their communist takeover has made alot of Americans mad as hell.
They are guilty as charged and they know it.

2 Likes

And they are right to worry. There are LOT AND LOTS of Folks they CAN’T Get to ‘Online’. And who despise them with every ounce of their souls. And many who take their Oaths of Defending the CONSTITUTION Still VERY Seriously. Unlike many leftists, who mock such things at every chance, there are still many American who take such things as Swearing an Oath every bit as seriously as did anyone in the Ancient World, make no mistake of that. It may be funny to those with no internal moral compass, but it’s not to me, and many I know. OR in many parts of the World, still. Go to India, or the Middle East, or Asia, and make an Oath with someone,and see how seriously THEY hold you to it. And their reaction if you break it. And I have many friends who stayed far away from the Net from jumpstreet, and clearly, with good reason, as we have seen. There are a lot less folks online than I think everyone assumes, or is made out by the shills hawking it to us all. :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t doubt it. And as for taking an oath, there is no better cause on earth, or in history, to take an oath to defend than our Constitution.

3 Likes

I certainly thought so, lol… :wink: And it has never been lifted from me. In fact, as Prior Service, I am subject to recall by the Army until I die. Found that out when the Iraq War started. They called quite a few guys back that no longer ‘qualified’ for Service Callback,or so everyone thought. Seems there is a little known clause that is not often talked about. IF the Army decides it Needs YOU, Specifically, for a particular Skill, then all bets are off, and back you go. Normally, see, after a certain age, unless Congress makes a specific Law for it, we are not subject to “normal” recall past a certain age. UNLESS the Army decides it needs YOU and YOUR Specific Skill, which can be a combination of both Training/Experience/Etc . THEN You go back in, and there is NO Age Limit for THAT Clause, like there is for every other instance of Recall. :wink: Typical Uncle Sam,really, to fuck you when you aren’t looking. Fun Facts. Lol But I am quite Fine with my Oath to the Constitution. I would defend it, Oath or Not, Anyway. I personally believe that is one of the FEW Genuine Obligations we have as Americans.

3 Likes

Thank you for your service! My daughter spent almost a decade in the Army, but I was glad she got out recently, what with all the Vax mandates and woke ideology they are pushing now.

3 Likes