CBDC ..so nice of them

mail-1

2 Likes

The gateway to total government control.

2 Likes

Ominous. A terrible step if it is taken.

2 Likes

… If it replaces and abolishes cash.

2 Likes

I am trying to think of any income that we have that doesn’t come direct deposit…and I can’t. Then…will any place take cash? Local direct exchange can still occur, but will any store take cash from those exchanges then?

We have our bank CDs on three month turn-arounds, so we can remove cash on a regular basis, if we want. Currently, we have to wait till May to remove an amount, but then we will use the cash to pay off credit cards and only maintain one for monthly pay-offs and one for the regular monthly charges, such as phone, waste management, internet, etc. We also plan to purchase any needed items with the cash…maybe a new oven, chimney for my wood cook stove, or other prepping supplies.

The point is to take some out to buy hard goods and to create solvency. My friend says not to worry about credit cards, because if the SHTF, nobody will be worried about credit card payments. I said that things can be very, very bad for a long time, before the SHTF, and I don’t want interest rates in the 30 percent range to be hanging over our heads. We don’t owe that much, but I would rather have it gone.

Precious metals, such as silver, look good until you add in the …I can’t think of the word…let me say “overhead” costs to the dealer, and then silver goes up from $22 an ounce to $15 added to each ounce…spot price? Gold is way out of our reach, and not practical for local barter, but it is recommended that one should have 10% in precious metals, if one can swing that.

In the long run, ammo will be the best barter, water, food, canning lids, OTC meds.

I would suggest using the money in the bank now to purchase real goods that might be needed and to pay off debts or buy silver. It is worth more now than it will be over the next two years. That is just a suggestion, if anyone is interested in it.

2 Likes