Bragg Bragged, But Trump Will Trump Him

Quote:
If there is ever a trial, and I do not expect to see one, the Manhattan DA’s selective prosecution will be front and center, relevant and admissible. Likely, Bragg would be called as a witness to explain why he went on talk radio to boast that he would find a way to nail Trump if the people of New York City voted for him. He would have to explain why he has not charged anyone else for similar alleged crimes. His bias will be clear and on display.
Bragg will try to fold federal campaign-related charges—over which he has no jurisdiction—into a state prosecution. No one has ever attempted this because it makes no legal sense.
Bragg’s office has very limited jurisdiction over only certain people and can only charge them with limited crimes.
We hear from leftist media that “Trump will soon go to trial.” That is so naïve it almost hurts. Like any case, civil or criminal, there is a required process. It is called due process. It is right there in the Constitution and even applies to Donald Trump.
First, the defense will raise legal issues to be decided by a judge, not a jury. If the judge allows the case to proceed, which is unlikely, only then would a jury hear the facts and render a verdict.
Undoubtedly, President Trump’s team will seek to dismiss the charges as defective based upon grounds including the statute of limitations. If the judge does not buy Bragg’s transparent effort to extend the limitations period, the court will grant the motion to dismiss, and this case will end with a whimper. There is a strong likelihood of this result.
If still necessary, the defense will challenge how Bragg has counted offenses. A judge can dismiss counts that are duplicative and overcharged, or over which the prosecution lacks jurisdiction.
Lastly, team Trump will certainly argue Bragg cannot turn an unserious time-barred misdemeanor into a felony by claiming the document offense was intended to cover a federal campaign finance charge over which Bragg has no charging authority. That is another compelling argument.

2 Likes

Can you believe the OJ-trip version of following Trump’s journey to NY? And there at the finish-line/judges-stand are the bozos awaiting the Parade’s Giant Balloons? Is there a marching band, I wonder?

This is insane!

1 Like

Can you give me a link to a video or description of what you are telling us?

2 Likes

The only reason I think there’s a chance the case could go forward is because New York is so notorious for corrupt leftist judges and politicians, such as Bragg. The case is a joke, but they have no shame. They couldn’t care less about “due process”.

1 Like

CNN, ABC seem to be covering it in such a manner with daylong updates and comments from lawyers, political commentators, etc.

This seems to be a live broadcast: The arraignment of Donald Trump - YouTube

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ4qY8XyUNE&list=RDNSNR9ovTyPrnU&index=3

2 Likes

Thank you, Jeanne. It never enters my head to watch CNN etc.

I’ll wait for Fox and other non-woke sources to see what happened.

2 Likes

Oh no, I don’t have television and would only watch CNN with my eyes forced open, entrapped in a chair as in “A Clockwork Orange.” Something like these bits were reported and shown on Beck’s radio show on BlazeTV. The AM station’s tower must have been damaged on Saturday during the tornado-time we had, so I had BlazeTV on my desktop computer on Tuesday.

The one where they are at what could be a judges stand was on another youtube clip from one of the Blaze programs and showed up when I was viewing one of the others, but the whole thing was of one fellow berating them, while reminding them of all their lies and failure-to-cover actual truths.

1 Like

“Eyes forced open, entrapped in a chair” - Ha!
Exactly! That’s about what I require for an over 30 second clip. With a barf bag handy.

2 Likes