Bill Gates plans to "quash misinformation"

I suppose this belongs in the media category as he’s not an elected representative of anybody.

Bill Gates wants to create a 3,000 person social media unit to quash “vaccine misinformation”

More on this story:

Quotes:

He cites Dr Anthony Fauci, who Gates says he spoke to once a month during the pandemic: “Not only should you appear to overreact at first, as Tony Fauci said, but you also have to be careful about relaxing all NPIs [non-pharmaceutical interventions] too soon.”

The aim, says Gates, is to vaccinate the entire world — twice if necessary — within six months while lockdown measures restrict the spread of the new pathogen.

Regarding Remdesivir :

Gates describes how one study showed that “it may have a major impact in patients who aren’t yet sick enough to be in the hospital”. But other details are ignored. He doesn’t tell us that in an earlier, peer-reviewed study from China, published in the Lancet in May 2020, “Remdesivir was not associated with statistically significant clinical benefits”, and that the trial was “stopped early because of adverse events in 18 (12%) patients versus four (5%) patients who stopped placebo early”.

Bill Gates’s idea of “squashing misinformation” is quite an Orwellian concept then. The author is quite charitable, suggesting that Gates is simply unaware of studies like that. He is trying to raise awareness of Gates’s plans for world “health governance” though, that’s the important thing.

2 Likes

A commenter under the Unherd article draws our attention to the fact that the Lancet is now publishing Chinese propaganda:

Shanghai’s life-saving efforts against the current omicron wave of the COVID-19 pandemic

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(22)00838-8/fulltext

2 Likes

You trust a “peer-reviewed study from China”?

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I trust peer reviewed studies full stop at this point, but there are quite a few negative conclusions from other studies it seems, this one comes from Iowa City:

Large Remdesivir Study Finds No COVID-19 Survival Benefit

This is from Forbes, who I also don’t trust:

The Strange Story Of Remdesivir, A Covid Drug That Doesn’t Work

Nope, I don’t trust anybody at all in the era of uncertainty! :thinking:

3 Likes

You’d think that Bill Gates might though, wouldn’t you? He likes to follow the “science” after all…

3 Likes

Amazing how nobody ever asks Gates about how he profits from all of this. Or the harm its doing.
He’s gone off the deep end of megalomania.

3 Likes