At Universities Facts Are Heretical

The newest religion, spreading rapidly throughout the West, is a belief that nobody is born male or female and you can choose your “gender”.
To challenge this orthodoxy is to be guilty of punishable heresy.

Quote:
A university has confiscated the findings of an academic studying Britain’s “gender wars” in a row over her “dangerous” research data.
Dr Laura Favaro began the first ever taxpayer-funded study into whether social scientists at universities feel censored over their views on transgender issues in March 2020 at City University of London.
But she has now been hounded out of the university, stripped of the findings she collected and barred from publishing them amid claims of “transphobia”.
Dr Favaro is bringing an employment tribunal claim against City for harassment, victimisation and whistleblowing detriment, and claims she was discriminated against for her protected philosophical belief in the reality of biological sex.

4 Likes

“Philosophical belief”? Since when does recognition of obvious reality need to be considered a “philosophical belief”? And heresy that must be censored?
Soon the statements “water is wet”, and “the sun rises in the east” will be heretical.
Recognition of all reality will be heretical.
Shut up, stay in your cubicle, and eat ze bugs…

5 Likes

I applaud your comment, Liz!

3 Likes

We shall soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four, in which people will persecute the heresy of calling a triangle a three-sided figure, and hang a man for maddening a mob with the news that grass is green. – G.K. Chesterton, August 1926

3 Likes

Rare accurate prophecy! Yes, that world is our world now.

2 Likes

“Fires will be kindled to testify that two and two make four. Swords will be drawn to prove that leaves are green in summer.” – G.K. Chesterton in Heretics 1905 – quoted by Giorgia Meloni in 2019.
In conclusion, she added “That time has arrived. We are ready.”

3 Likes

The irony here is that Chesterton wrote those “common sense” quotes (the other I included here, “Fires will be kindled…”) in a context where he was defending Christianity against skeptics - as if his religious beliefs were of the same status as those other obvious things he mentions.

You have to wonder whether some of those conservative defenders of the faith are just cynics whose real conviction is that religion is necessary for morality and social order. I suspect there are also a good number of ordinary believers whose only real belief is something similar to that.

3 Likes

The radicals creatively abuse language in their attempts to redefine reality. Today I learned about “theybies”.

A theyby (plural theybies ) or non-binary baby is a neologism for a baby or child raised in a way that is gender-neutral, allowing children to choose their own gender, and also referring to the accompanying parenting style. The term and movement was initially popularized in 2018,[1][2] preceding several reports of babies in 2017 being born without being assigned a gender.[3][4][5] The practice of raising babies as gender neutral has been reported as early as 2009[6] and 2011,[7] however the term “theybie” was first used in 2017. The term is a portmanteau of the pronoun ‘they’ and ‘baby’. Until children raised as theybies choose their gender and pronouns, they are referred to by the parents using they/them pronouns.

3 Likes

How do they deceive themselves that a person’s sex is “assigned”?

Are so many people insane?

Is it something in the air? Lack of sufficient carbon dioxide perhaps?

3 Likes

Thank you for telling us all this unsettling news, Zerothruster.

We need to know what we have to deal with.

Even if we don’t know how.

3 Likes

A large element in their strategy simply amounts to overwhelming us with their bullshit - “flooding the zone”, etc. They can do that only because they control the media and schools, the institutions of information warfare in their culture war.

The recent claim that roads and cars are racist, from the son of Gramsci scholar Joseph Buttigieg…

3 Likes

Me too (if you will forgive the phrase!) I think Liz put it perfectly.

3 Likes

Zerothruster’s offering puts me in mind of this:

The Gods of the Copybook Headings
By Rudyard Kipling

AS I PASS through my incarnations in every age and race,
I make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Market Place.
Peering through reverent fingers I watch them flourish and fall,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings, I notice, outlast them all.

We were living in trees when they met us. They showed us each in turn
That Water would certainly wet us, as Fire would certainly burn:
But we found them lacking in Uplift, Vision and Breadth of Mind,
So we left them to teach the Gorillas while we followed the March of Mankind.

We moved as the Spirit listed. They never altered their pace,
Being neither cloud nor wind-borne like the Gods of the Market Place,
But they always caught up with our progress, and presently word would come
That a tribe had been wiped off its ice-field, or the lights had gone out in Rome.

With the Hopes that our World is built on they were utterly out of touch,
They denied that the Moon was Stilton; they denied she was even Dutch;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.

When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: “Stick to the Devil you know.”

On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
(Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: “The Wages of Sin is Death.”

In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all,
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: “If you don’t work you die.”

Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That All is not Gold that Glitters, and Two and Two make Four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more.

As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool’s bandaged finger goes wobbling back to the Fire;

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

1 Like

Thanks! That’s a good one!

1 Like

Sorry to seem fussy, but I have a request to make.

Please, Jeanne, do not call commenters who use a pseudonym by their real name if you happen to know it. They use a pseudonym in order not to have their real name known.

I have several times corrected your use of a real name, hoping you would take note. Perhaps you did not see that I had. So this is a direct request. Thank you for your kind attention to it.

1 Like

By confiscating the study, the university rather seems to have given more support to the study’s findings.

4 Likes

Welcome, higgeldypiggeldy!

And thanks for your comment.

Yes, that seems to be the case. A nice irony.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! We don’t bite, much.

3 Likes

And…yet They keep doing so, as if we won’t notice.

Welcome HP.

Sorry HP, that reply about names was for Jbecker. I can’t seem to undo what I have done…sorry again.

What reply about names, Jeanne?