And Now Germany Chooses Islam

The Muslim call to prayer represents the same cry of conquest that the Christians of the Middle East and Africa hear five times every day and night at the doors of their churches and homes. Now it is Germany’s turn.
What seems to exist is an extremely wide-eyed, childlike atmosphere of capitulation. “Whoever says yes to bell towers must also say yes to minarets,” said Cardinal Rainer Maria Woelki, archbishop of Cologne. It looks as if German churches are committing suicide. The archdiocese of Cologne – the largest in Germany and one of the richest in the world – is planning to reduce its parishes from 500 to 50 by 2030. In Cologne, Erdogan came to inaugurate the largest mosque, welcomed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the daughter of a Prussian pastor. This gesture of goodwill did not prevent the Turkish president, in 2020, from turning the great Byzantine basilica of Hagia Sophia into a mosque. The Catholic Church of St. Theodore in Cologne even contributed to the Islamization of the city by financing the mosque, in the name of some imaginary inter-religious dialogue.
It was a Jewish writer who escaped the Holocaust, Ralph Giordano, who criticized the Cologne decision, “political Islam” and the “gigantomania of the great mosque”, which, from his point of view, is “a kind of declaration of war”. In an article for the FAZ, Giordano wrote:
"I will continue to take a critical stance against those imams who use the liberal structure and tolerance of the constitution to impose totalitarian views of the state and who undermine the rules of the rule of law, using indoctrination, anti-Western, to teach Sharia law…
“I want to be able to say that I do not want to see burqas or chadors on the German streets, any more than I want to hear the calls of the muezzins from the minarets. I will also not adapt my vision of freedom of expression to a demon who interprets it as follows: ‘Everyone has the right to freely express their opinion in a way that is not contrary to Sharia law’. No and three times no!”.
Once a dam breaks, there is only a competition to see who gives way faster. Even the head of the German Chancellery who apparently would like to become the leader of Angela Merkel’s CDU party, Helge Braun, spoke in favor of allowing mosques to broadcast the call to prayer.

3 Likes

Again, tolerating the intolerant is going to end up with the intolerant subjugating the tolerant.
In this case, under sharia. But the tolerant here are also insane, so maybe they need it.

3 Likes