Again About That Lost Archive

Lauren Ell of Republican Atheists created this graphic to help spread the story as mentioned on it.

cid:f_kygbiosp0

Here is the link to the Republican Atheists post:

4 Likes

That’s great - I’m so glad she’s spreading this story.
It should be a huge scandal.

5 Likes

Thank you Jillian. I also just sent it out to RA’s subscription list.

Note, I think the subject of terrorism research is incredibly important. It is also a subject that hits close to home for me. I have a relative who was in the room when the terrorist attack in San Bernardino, CA took place in 2015. She had to crawl on the floor to hide in a cabinet. Many of her co-workers were killed. She had to go to years of therapy for anxiety. It was devastating, and to this day I occasionally do contemplate that she could have been a victim.

It really is a threat to the stability and safety of the west, and world altogether, when terrorism research and related information is just trashed.

5 Likes

You speak truly, Ell. And you continue to be a staunch and valued ally.

Your relative did the intelligent thing, to hide while she could.

Without you, the loss of the archive might never have been discovered. My hope is that the loss will achieve one good thing - greater care being taken by universities of the archives entrusted to them. If that happens, you will have made a significant contribution to the work of future historians.

5 Likes

I hope someday the people who “lost” these archives are held accountable for it.

5 Likes

I’m glad your relative survived! That attack, and the resulting deaths and trauma, could have been prevented. The FBI were investigating those terrorists when for some reason they were ordered to stop the investigation. It was during Obama’s time in office, and I think Brennan was over the CIA.
The blood is on their hands.

5 Likes