A Rare Republican Does the Job He Was Elected to Do

Chip Roy expresses indignation over the iniquitous Omnibus Bill:

3 Likes

You gotta love Chip Roy! Wow! Every time I watch one of these from the floor, I am stunned by how empty the room is. Shame, shame, shame.

2 Likes

There are some saying that even this is merely performative - that the senators who voted against the bill could have done more, such as filibuster.
But I donā€™t know enough about the ins and outs of it to say for sure if anything else would have worked.

1 Like

The Republicans could have hung together and let the Dems own the budgets all the way to 2024.

2 Likes

Everything patriots do should be considered in light of the necessity of pulling ā€˜the middleā€™ away from the Left. This consideration shouldnā€™t have veto power ā€“ sometimes itā€™s necessary to do things that will alienate everyone but hardcore patriots --but it should never be neglected.

What the Republicans need is a new ā€˜Contract With Americaā€™. They should not let themselves be labelled as ā€˜the party of Noā€™. Every social and political issue ā€“ poverty, welfare, healthcare, jobs, defense, infrastructure, etc ā€“ should be addressed with concrete proposals.

Itā€™s tricky. We donā€™t want to further centralize power in Washington, so some of these proposals would be things for the states to do, or to undertake the concrete implementation of.

And we need to be shrewd about presentation: right now, the biggest vulnerability of the Left relates to their drive to sexualize children. Many people who are not conservatives are uneasy about this. Fighting this abomination should be number one on the priority list.

Defending student and academic freedom in schools and universities is also a good tactical choice, because it will allow us to make alliances with pro-free speech liberals.

Making a big deal about the internal destruction of our military should also be prominent. Anyone with a brain knows that without a real military, weā€™ll eventually be on someoneā€™s menu. Of course the Left says that having male generals who wear dresses makes us stronger ā€¦ but that is so Orwellian that even the Left donā€™t believe it ā€¦ they know it destroys internal cohesion and weakens the military, which is what they want.

However, this proposal is still in the ā€˜politics as usualā€™ vein. Important, but not enough. When the ship was being steered a bit to the Left for a few years, and a bit to the Right for a few years, it was enough. But the ship is now sinking. It will continue to sink, even if the Republicans win both branches of Congress and the Presidency.

We have to talk about what to do about the real problem. What everyone can do now, and what I trust everyone reading this has already done, is to ā€˜Prepareā€™ ā€“ to put yourself and your family into such a state of readiness, that you can survive a several-month-long disruption of the social/legal/economic order. (Including acquiring the means of kinetic personal defense.)

2 Likes

So here it is, but you can probably find out more about it. They were hoping this initiative would help drive a Rep. wave for the elections.

1 Like

If anyone has done so, they are keeping it to themselves. I have been the only prepper nutcase on here that writes about such stuff. And, in truth, one shouldnā€™t reveal too much online.

I felt so very sorry for those unfortunate enough to be without power during the recent deep freeze. I wonder if the events have changed any minds about the importance of petroleum products and coal, and the vulnerability of our power grid when disasters strike.

2 Likes

Hey, Jeanne, I got a couple buckets of emergency food, remember! So youā€™re not the only ā€œnutcaseā€ around here!
Itā€™s a total shame on the corrupt, incompetent Marxists in Charge that anyone in this country is freezing to death in winter weather. I hope it teaches people to stop depending on the government to help them when anything beyond doling out ā€œgummint cheeseā€ is needed.

2 Likes

Very heartening to see other patriots doing the common-sense first step.

Itā€™s not just a question of personal survival. Consider a Worst Case development (even if you think itā€™s improbable): after a bitter election, Trump or a figure hated by the Left as much or more than Trump is, is elected, along with a majority of his (or her!) supporters in both houses of Congress. Assume this happened after a couple of years of what the Democrats call ā€˜voter suppressionā€™, ie insisting that only non-felon citizens with IDs can vote. Assume also that the election is VERY close ā€“ with the Left maybe even winning the popular vote, as they did in 2016.

And now assume ā€¦a REAL insurrection, undertaken by the Left, the military at best neutralized by all those affirmative-action enlistees and ā€˜inclusiveā€™ sexual deviant appointees to higher command.

In other words, assume a situation in which we really do, and with Constitutional/legal justification, have to take up arms to defend the Constitution from ā€˜all enemies, domestic and foreignā€™.

Are you in a position to pick up your AR15 or equivalent, and report for duty somewhere, having sufficient ammunition and provisions to sustain yourself for a few weeks, and knowing that your non-combatant family at home are also provided for?

I know this sound dramatic. (And, unfortunately, there is a certain presonality type, usually, I suspect, a male living a boring life, which just loves to fantasize about these situations ā€“ thus making him vulnerable to provocateurs. But thatā€™s another story.)

Summary: being adequately ā€˜preppedā€™ is not just about personal and family survival, but about being able to adequately defend the Republic.

(Yes, I suspect most of the people reading this now would be secondary participants at best in any such scenario. Itā€™s been over fifty years since I low-crawled under the barbed wire with the tracers zipping overhead. But itā€™s the message we need to spread among the younger and spryer part of the patriot movement. AND ā€¦ even a grandmother on a rooftop with a bolt-action single-shot .22 can play a critical role in denying a mob free movement on the streets.)

And one other point: a hundred individuals are far weaker than twenty-five organized individuals. See https:USCPT.org for people with good ideas about prepping, including organizing. Theyā€™re led by former military, and have a good understanding of the importance of not appearing like a scary rightwing militia.

Legal and peaceful. That should be our motto, even as youā€™re learning how to walk your rounds into a target.

1 Like

Thatā€™s right, Liz, I forgot that you had done that. But, you arenā€™t a nutcase, yet. Good on you, though!

2 Likes